Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393967 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165510 on: September 14, 2024, 04:37:49 pm »

https://www.dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php

and yes, I got 404ed with your link
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165511 on: September 14, 2024, 05:39:45 pm »

According to isitdownrightnow.com, it is down and has been for the past 40 hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165512 on: September 14, 2024, 05:41:20 pm »

Thank you for verifying that.

Yeah, see? This is what I'm talking about. So, do we let Toady know or something? I am not sure if this hurts his business/ interests.
Google is not directing people towards the wiki stuff for his site and he is selling a game on steam/doing off donations.
So, visibility matters to his bottom line? I mean that's my thought process and I'm trying to help him anyhow. Does that make sense?

Do people think I (or someone) should tell him this?
I don't know. I'm just trying to assist here/be helpful.

Thoughts?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165513 on: September 14, 2024, 05:50:15 pm »

I'm not sure if boss toad is involved with the wiki at all? Genuinely don't know, and most game wikis aren't directly affiliated with the games they're based around. There is admin for it but I'm not sure who they are (looking at the wiki it seems whoever Emi is, though Kitfox is actually providing hosting at the moment so yeah, boss toad might be able to get in contact with someone).

The link you gave is working on my end at the moment, though.

For... what it's worth, I have been having some serious slowdown/loading issues on the forum itself, but I'm suspecting extremely strongly it's more on my end than anything directly involving the forum (the pattern involved looks more like ISP throttling crap or a firefox update screwing over some handshake protocals than anything, with b12 just kinda' getting caught in the crossfire).

===

... in unrelated WTF, few days ago family brought a some fast food toy (mcdonalds, I think?) for the pets to play with and, it's... it's a yugioh/hello kitty crossover plush toy thing. First time I saw it I didn't realize what I was looking at, second time I stopped and stared for a bit and went "... wait a second. Is that a dark magician girl hello kitty?"

and then I checked and it was

someone thought it was a good idea to have hello kitty cosplay one of the most lewded card game related characters in existence and i'm just wondering

why

E: Though further check looks like Emi is this person! They haven't been active on the forum for over a year though :(

E2: Also there's a thread about the 404s! I hadn't even noticed we had a wiki subforum ahaha
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 05:55:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165514 on: September 14, 2024, 06:55:25 pm »

Spilled a bit of coffee on my computer. Thought it was fine, it hadn't gone inside the case, but I guess a bit got on the power button because it just started turning itself on and off.

Turned off the PSU and unplugged it, just got to hope it doesn't get fried. If it does it's probably just the case that'd need replacing at least.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #165515 on: September 14, 2024, 07:35:00 pm »

One unknown silly guy peed in the stairwell of my school’s dormitory building … However, it’s wtf that there are public toilets a few steps away. What he did was posted on my on-campus forum and criticized by a lot of people , it’s even more wtf that he verbal abused everyone that criticized him… There must be something wrong with him about what he did and what he said.
It’s also weird that the surveillance camera didn’t take the picture of this guy, by the way, if this happened in my hometown 20 years ago, the mayor in my hometown( who was imprisoned for corruption) would give him a hard time ,this silly guy will be forced to apologize to the public in the prime gear. Maybe it’s a violation of human rights, but it truly improved the whole public’s morality quality.

In fact, our university forum is also a mainly anonymous forum with opinions that you can decide whether you post anonymously or not. Usually we choose to be anonymous to protect our privacy, however this silly guy chose to show his id ‘an aggressive baby dragon’.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165516 on: September 14, 2024, 09:13:04 pm »

The wiki is administrated by many of the same people as DFHack, they hav a wiki channel on their discord (https://dfhack.org/discord) that can be used to report such issues. The 404 only happens for me if I'm logged out and the url doesn't hav the "www." at the begining.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165517 on: September 17, 2024, 02:27:22 am »

At least we aren't getting the 404s on the forum.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165518 on: September 17, 2024, 03:17:20 am »

Yes, and the ones on the wiki hav been fixed.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165519 on: September 17, 2024, 11:38:11 am »

In Libya Libanon, thousands of beepers exploded at the same time, injuring 2750 people and killing 8. In Syria, 7 people were killed and an unknown number injured

Beepers are used by Hezbollah for internal communication, ever since Hezbollah leadershop has forbidden smartphones because they can be traced too easily and used as a targeting device for drone strikes.

Holy, that is a brilliant operation that must have taken tremendous effort by some security service, to get all those beepers loaded with explosives and sold to Hezbollah.

Libanon and Syria blame Israel.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 01:24:40 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165520 on: September 17, 2024, 11:51:10 am »

Israel has proven to both be capable and motivated of doing something as complex as this, I wouldnt casually discount a claim like that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165521 on: September 17, 2024, 11:52:58 am »

Oh I am not discounting the possibility of the claim being right. I also cannot rule out the US having done it, or Saudi Arabia, or China. Or a bad software update overheating and igniting batteries
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 11:54:59 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165522 on: September 17, 2024, 12:45:37 pm »

According to isitdownrightnow.com, it is down and has been for the past 40 hours.
i sit down right now

Oh I am not discounting the possibility of the claim being right. I also cannot rule out the US having done it, or Saudi Arabia, or China. Or a bad software update overheating and igniting batteries

Latter seems... unlikely. I think they probably got hold of their supplier and rigged them all.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165523 on: September 17, 2024, 01:25:05 pm »

Oops I said Libya where I meant Libanon. fixed in above post

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165524 on: September 17, 2024, 01:29:45 pm »

Perhaps you meant Lebanon. Or is that how it's called in the Nitherlands?