Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393979 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165495 on: September 07, 2024, 09:29:49 pm »

Of course, it’s just a swerve that the conspiracy is the world is run by lizard people, because they don’t want you looking for the Imooinatti.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165496 on: September 08, 2024, 09:01:27 am »

I am finding myself, once again, confused with the carnivore fad diet. Especially the raw carnivore fad diet. I forget it exists, get reminded, and feel an urge to look up the insanity they cook up.

Humans are natural carnivores, donchaknow. Hence why we've got a classical omnivore dentition with grinding molars. We produce amylase because uh... ancestral trait that hung around for a few million years. Scientists are all liars for reasons, they want you to eat plant matter because... something something.

Perhaps they heard that vegans are stupid, so they decided that the opposite of veganism is good.
They are wrong, of course.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165497 on: September 08, 2024, 12:15:27 pm »

I am finding myself, once again, confused with the carnivore fad diet. Especially the raw carnivore fad diet. I forget it exists, get reminded, and feel an urge to look up the insanity they cook up.

Humans are natural carnivores, donchaknow. Hence why we've got a classical omnivore dentition with grinding molars. We produce amylase because uh... ancestral trait that hung around for a few million years. Scientists are all liars for reasons, they want you to eat plant matter because... something something.

Perhaps they heard that vegans are stupid, so they decided that the opposite of veganism is good.
They are wrong, of course.

Every entirely polarised viewpoint is bad.

Destroy all extremist thinking! Burn it with fire!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #165498 on: September 08, 2024, 12:24:42 pm »

A relative was talking about someone who went on a raw meat and salt water diet and brought up as 'support' that the guy lost lots of pounds fast.
Yeah, no shit. MALNUTRITION WILL DO THAT.

(Not to mention that weight / weight loss as a proxy for 'how healthy' something is without considering literally any other aspect of nutrition is a terrible idea that needs to get out of the public's head, and is a component of eating disorders.)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165499 on: September 08, 2024, 12:36:52 pm »

Pleasant WTF, but the feeling of my first dose of Adderall was a trip.
Suddenly, all my lost motivation came back, my emotions were stronger, and I felt like I could really seize the day.

It's wonderful.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165500 on: September 11, 2024, 04:15:53 pm »

Pleasant WTF, but the feeling of my first dose of Adderall was a trip.
Suddenly, all my lost motivation came back, my emotions were stronger, and I felt like I could really seize the day.

It's wonderful.
Congratulations. That is amazing news to hear. Let's go ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧

Also a politics thread getting locked is for the best, hopefully the rest follow suit.
And when all remaining topics and members are of the most inoffensive, anodyne disposition, there will be no more point in talking about anything but the weather, and the forum will have died for good.
I don't think it's for the best.
I don't mind avoiding that whole scene, but I do think that the politics threads do a good service in occasionally weeding out the users who cannot control themselves, which improves the quality of our true work of silly forum games.
I never thought about it that way. I think that's a pretty positive way of looking at it. The bad users will eventually be removed. That's good thinking.
Max avatar size is 80x80

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165501 on: September 11, 2024, 08:09:32 pm »

dragdeler got hit with the hammer  :-\

hate to see it
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165502 on: September 12, 2024, 12:57:20 am »

My boss is insane and I'm working myself ragged trying to keep our team afloat. Yes, I'm looking for other work already.

I have no time and am working unpaid overtime to keep the team from sinking.
Last month, if I had not gone way above and beyond on this point, we would've blown tons of deadlines and been screwed.
I've informed boss they are burning the place down around us and we need to focus on not getting burned.
He has agreed on all my points but he is stubborn as hell and won't shut up and do things the easy way to avoid hell.

He's being dumb and they actually basically threatened to fire him: "We can't guarentee you won't be part of the layoffs."
Despite this, he won't shut up and make things easier. Yes, people might get screwed by that but it's not our fault, we're victims of it.
Either we get laid off or we don't and our workload doubles. It's hell and he's acknowledged this.
He's mentioned "Honor." and doing things right. That won't pay the bills or matter if/when we get downsized.
Not meeting numbers would make that more likely.

He has like 2 years left to retirement in this mess and won't shut up and realize the rest of us are not in that position.
He keeps me on the phone for like an hour or two a day. I'm putting out fires that way and I don't have time.
I need to focus on MY work and he frankly needs to leave me alone to let that happen. If not, we're going to blow deadlines.

I don't care .... I should but I'm not being allowed to. He's a problem. Killing our health won't make his concerns of doing things right matter. We aren't being given the time/resources to do things right. He doesn't wanna bend. So he'll break. But he might take me with him. This is god damn insane.

He's repeatedly told me everything I'm saying is right. He is holding onto delusions.

If I don't focus on what I have to do, then we will have no margin for error when the next big project comes and we are screwed.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #165503 on: September 13, 2024, 12:44:19 am »

Dug some packed lemon+raspberry tea out of the deep corner of the shelf. Made a cup for the night, drank it all. Set some water in the same cup for the next night, washing it beforehand, and by morning water tasted like that tea. Accidentally spilled a little bit of tea, and area keeps smelling of it three days later. No unnatural ingridients, cut me throat!

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #165504 on: September 13, 2024, 11:31:12 pm »

One unknown silly guy peed in the stairwell of my school’s dormitory building … However, it’s wtf that there are public toilets a few steps away. What he did was posted on my on-campus forum and criticized by a lot of people , it’s even more wtf that he verbal abused everyone that criticized him… There must be something wrong with him about what he did and what he said.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165505 on: September 14, 2024, 04:02:06 am »

Had something like that happen at my school except it involved shit rather than piss, no sure what they did but it looked like he had whipped his ass with the stall door, no one ever admitted to doing it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165506 on: September 14, 2024, 06:09:39 am »

In High school somebody buttered up the staircases, the rails and the steps closest to them
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #165507 on: September 14, 2024, 07:23:36 am »

If it was an accident it probably wasn't necessary to draw attention to it. The goal would be to prevent it from happening again, so if it seemed likely to repeat that would be a reason to draw attention to it. If it was something done in a moment of foolishness like drunkenness it would be more appropriate to consider the drunkenness as the problem rather than the foolishness caused by the drunkeness. After all, we have all probably been drunk at some point and done something foolish, so it may be a matter of temperence. The guy should clean it up though if he got caught, that's just squarzies and he'd probably admit it if someone would just give him a mop and soapy bucket of water.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165508 on: September 14, 2024, 02:43:23 pm »

One unknown silly guy peed in the stairwell of my school’s dormitory building … However, it’s wtf that there are public toilets a few steps away. What he did was posted on my on-campus forum and criticized by a lot of people , it’s even more wtf that he verbal abused everyone that criticized him… There must be something wrong with him about what he did and what he said.

That's truly wild,  I haven't seen anything like that myself. Usually when I hear about things like that happening, the person is anonymous.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165509 on: September 14, 2024, 04:34:13 pm »

[Please do not Quote]

Is anyone else getting a 404 Not Found when they google "Dwarf Fortress Wiki?"

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/

This is the link I click once I google it and it gives me a white screen with 404 Not Found and "nginx/1.22.1"

I googled that and don't seem to understand the results for https://nginx.org/en/

Am I dumber than usual on this? Is there something I am missing? Is the problem on my end or the wiki or google?
I'm just trying to be a mix of helpful and if the problem is on my end, helped? Generally I don't think google spitting out a 404 not found for a website is a good thing for that website.

Constructive thoughts? Much appreciated.

[Please do not Quote]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.