Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11031 11032 [11033] 11034 11035 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14393968 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165480 on: September 06, 2024, 08:09:01 am »

So you got some good weather up there bud?

I think my neuros are too divergent to get what this really means... But yeah, the weather's fine over here.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165481 on: September 06, 2024, 08:14:53 am »

Absolutely smashing sunshine over here, old horse. Isn't this nice. We're having a conversation.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165482 on: September 06, 2024, 08:30:48 am »

Also a politics thread getting locked is for the best, hopefully the rest follow suit.
And when all remaining topics and members are of the most inoffensive, anodyne disposition, there will be no more point in talking about anything but the weather, and the forum will have died for good.
I don't think it's for the best.
I don't mind avoiding that whole scene, but I do think that the politics threads do a good service in occasionally weeding out the users who cannot control themselves, which improves the quality of our true work of silly forum games.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165483 on: September 06, 2024, 08:39:27 am »

Though I'm not at all caught up in this thread, its purpose applies so well to having just read this article that I just had to append this contribution here.

As far as I'm concerned, there's two reckless individuals here, one drove the car (you can't casually do that sort of excess speed without noticing), the other drove the judicial bench...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165484 on: September 06, 2024, 09:35:23 am »

I'm calling fake news. Only a moron would move to the UK with that surname in tow. Oh, wait.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165485 on: September 06, 2024, 03:07:51 pm »

I'm confused here. The judge said he had a good reason to be speeding, but gave him a fine ten times that of normal?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165486 on: September 06, 2024, 05:05:47 pm »

I didn't understand that, either.

("Minor" speeding tends to be £100-200, three points. "Serious" speeding goes from £100-1000 and/or 1.5 weeks of the the driver's take-home, 6 points and a period of disqualification. To me, the facts point at "Serious". Being caught by a speed camera removes the "was observed driving dangerously and failed to stop when chased" aggravation, but... come on... 166% the posted limit? Or 142% the maximum possible limit, if claiming bad signage/temporary misunderstanding (and perhaps having temporarily forgotten that it's only dual-carriageways where that applies if this was on a single-carriageway road).)

Mainly, though, I despair of there even being the possibility of any reason to consider 'being distracted' as a mitigation. If anything, a lack of focus would be an additional reason to not been going anywhere near as fast...

(Cards on the table, I've driven at 100mph. Reckless youth. You know you're doing it. I didn't go for long in that mindset, having avoided the obvious karmic fates that would stem from it. Further card on the table, I once mistook a 30-zone for a 40-zone (it was actually a 'safe speed' to do, but not what the road was designated at) and got pulled over for it (clearly somewhere where such mistakes happen often enough to make it worth checking for errors such as mine) and had to graciously accept the points/fine for it. And I'm the kind of person who will drive at the speed limit (near as my speedo allows) when it is safe to do so and yet still get others moving up on my bumber/passing at speeds that can't even be possibly reasoned as just us have differently-adjusted speedos. The philosophy of some people seems to be "they maybe allow a 10% overspeed, in case of the speedometer showing slightly lower than it should, and I'll go another 10% faster than that, to take up the slack, in case my speedometer is actually showing slightly higher than it should". That's if they're even trying to rationalise it.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165487 on: September 06, 2024, 05:33:50 pm »

I'm confused here. The judge said he had a good reason to be speeding, but gave him a fine ten times that of normal?
Probably a mistake in the article, as expected of such quality journalism. I bet it should be the other way around.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165488 on: September 06, 2024, 06:23:22 pm »

I think my neuros are too divergent to get what this really means... But yeah, the weather's fine over here.
Referencing the comment above mine.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165489 on: September 06, 2024, 06:32:03 pm »

Referencing the comment above mine.

Oh. Right. It is supposed to imply being aloof. I get it now.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165490 on: September 07, 2024, 02:52:55 am »

Also a politics thread getting locked is for the best, hopefully the rest follow suit.
And when all remaining topics and members are of the most inoffensive, anodyne disposition, there will be no more point in talking about anything but the weather, and the forum will have died for good.
I don't think it's for the best.
The forum existed just fine before they were added and it'll be just fine without them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165491 on: September 07, 2024, 07:01:29 am »

... I mean, it did, and instead of mostly being in dedicated threads the politics just kind of splattered everywhere like a particularly embarrassing after party. Not sure I'd call it an improvement, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165492 on: September 07, 2024, 08:41:07 am »

The forum was fine with anything back when it used to have more active members than the moderation log entries, is what I'm saying here.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165493 on: September 07, 2024, 08:50:13 am »

The forum was fine with anything back when it used to have more active members than the moderation log entries, is what I'm saying here.

I suppose that in the ancient times, the amount of users and the lack of dedicated threads made it harder for Toady to keep track. Now in the modern age, we are fewer, so he can.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165494 on: September 07, 2024, 09:22:24 pm »

I am finding myself, once again, confused with the carnivore fad diet. Especially the raw carnivore fad diet. I forget it exists, get reminded, and feel an urge to look up the insanity they cook up.

Humans are natural carnivores, donchaknow. Hence why we've got a classical omnivore dentition with grinding molars. We produce amylase because uh... ancestral trait that hung around for a few million years. Scientists are all liars for reasons, they want you to eat plant matter because... something something.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 11031 11032 [11033] 11034 11035 ... 11037