Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11011 11012 [11013] 11014 11015 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14394063 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165180 on: July 29, 2024, 05:29:48 pm »

What is up with the attacks on French infrastructure due to the Olympics?

Is this some kind of civil disobedience (e.g., against the lavishness of the games), or just the general degradation of social structures?

It's probably a result of the pre-existing civil disobedience using the games as their soapbox.

France almost went Fascist, you know.  Apparently, the Far-Left is mobilizing, and trying to draw international attention to their plight.

The Olympics have a history of violence.  The fact that apparently nobody has died from the infrastructure attacks implies a conscientious civil disobedience rather than a violent fringe faction.  In fact, one suspects that the Far-Left French Revolutionaries are neutralizing the more violent foreign agents, as most estimates had this Olympics being far more bloody. But it ain't over yet.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #165181 on: July 30, 2024, 09:37:50 am »

Stumbled upon much ado about a particular vocaloid song (or maybe it's other way around).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haven't seen that way of wordbutchering before. How does one speak in katakana, for god's sake?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But my favorite way is still one from 'The Seven Underground Kings', where one minor character (appropriately, with only few lines in total) said every single word with an exclamation mark.  :P

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #165182 on: July 30, 2024, 11:37:38 am »

my digits feel simultaneously numb and tingly and i feel really quite derealized today

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #165183 on: July 30, 2024, 11:38:32 am »

Have you...had your blood pressure checked lately? Numb and tingly fingers are not good.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #165184 on: July 30, 2024, 12:17:18 pm »

Oh yeah, just last week or two, blood pressure's fine-

ah, the screaming indigestion may be the culprit

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165185 on: July 30, 2024, 04:24:51 pm »

Lot of kids books today. Meet Gaz:
the goat that dreams of being a gangsta goat

gaz finds that pimp robe, gets on a boat, and then the boat sinks

the end

===

i'm genuinely not exaggerating, that was basically the entire story, it was meant for early readers, have an amazon link to prove its existence: https://www.amazon.com/Gangsta-Goat-Big-BookLife-Readers/dp/1839274425

on one hoofhand it's kind of amazing, on the other hand pimp goat for preteens lets fuckin go
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165186 on: July 30, 2024, 04:40:44 pm »

Good god nothing is cringier than going to block a youtube recommendation and realizing that its somebody you subbed to and theyre content just got that bad over time.

what happened to you brudda, did you sell out?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165187 on: July 30, 2024, 04:47:31 pm »

on one hoofhand it's kind of amazing, on the other hand pimp goat for preteens lets fuckin go
Hey, stories for children have always been populated with despicable lowlifes. Rat catchers, cobblers, fishermen, tailors. Villeins all. At least this tale had the good sense of killing off the pimp at the end, instead of elevating him to nobility with some poor prize wife to boot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165188 on: July 30, 2024, 05:05:49 pm »

Oh no, no, the goat lived. Pimpgoat's swimming hooves are strong.

The boat died, though. Poor boat.
Ask not!
Ask!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165189 on: July 30, 2024, 05:06:49 pm »

Boaty McBoatface died?? D:

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165190 on: July 30, 2024, 05:12:28 pm »

It didn't just sink, it sunk and broke apart. There was nothing left but debris and a wet pimpgoat :(
Ask not!
Ask!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165191 on: July 30, 2024, 05:47:19 pm »

So the moral of the story was "trying to be a flashy pimpgoat will leave you drifting in the ocean"?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165192 on: July 30, 2024, 05:51:02 pm »

my digits feel simultaneously numb and tingly and i feel really quite derealized today
I get that when my anxiety's kicking up even without panic attacks. Get heart pains too. Last time I went to the doctor repeatedly, sure they'd missed something, and they kept telling me anxiety. Didn't believe them, got started on anxiolytics and whaddya know, it cleared up.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165193 on: July 30, 2024, 06:46:13 pm »

So the moral of the story was "trying to be a flashy pimpgoat will leave you drifting in the ocean"?
Nah, it was an early reader thing... there wasn't so much "moral" as "things happened!", ha. Also less sea and more lake or river or somethin'.

The only part about being a pimpgoat that lead to the boat sinking was wanting a boat 'cause gangsta goats have boats, and not having the sense (being a goat in a pimp coat) to make sure the boat wasn't going to fall apart when a pimp coat goat got in it.
Ask not!
Ask!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165194 on: July 30, 2024, 09:37:50 pm »

"America court rules that selling boneless chicken wings with bones isn't false advertising"

Perhaps this is just a product of my present state of mind, but I felt an incredibly deep sense of disgust when I heard of this news. Objectively it's not the worst thing in the world, but I'm just sick of how America keeps finding ways to reach lower and lower lows.

I dug around and found the real story (Ohio court rules that injury caused by chicken bones in boneless wings isn't negligence by restaurant), and found that there is a bit more nuance to it than what was initially presented to me, but I can't forget the strong reaction I had to the initial headline. I still consider this to be a judicial travesty.

Is anyone else bothered by this?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 11011 11012 [11013] 11014 11015 ... 11037