Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10999 11000 [11001] 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13644951 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #165000 on: June 26, 2024, 08:57:17 pm »

Just remember chatGPT is notorious for giving misinformation.

You can see it if you ask it tobexplain something you actually know about

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #165001 on: June 26, 2024, 09:13:43 pm »

*Depressing stuff. Deleted.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 10:08:52 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165002 on: June 26, 2024, 10:10:36 pm »

For what it's worth, as far as I'm aware that particular bit of instruction (how to make fertilizer bombs) isn't exactly top secret knowledge. The fact it's fairly possible to make one more or less accidentally means it kinda' can't be; it's information that's a legitimate danger if it's not fairly well known.

There's a pile of similar stuff in relation to chemical safety in general, iirc. It's less a one simple trick and more just how safety procedures work, heh. Also one of the reasons that kind of thing isn't actually that helpful for committing crimes -- if you're just more or less flipping safety regs its generally really obvious and relatively easy to track down, so it doesn't, like... help. Much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165003 on: June 27, 2024, 05:32:11 am »

I don't think putting radioactive stuff in rhino horns will stop Chinese people eating the stuff.

Yeah until you get compartimental syndrome and gangrene.

You really ought to be assessed.
Hopefully that won't happen, I've been keeping an eye on it and it all seems to be going back to normal so I think I'm in the clear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165004 on: June 27, 2024, 04:43:49 pm »

Maann... pull over to let an ambulance pass. Soon as it goes by, music playlist goes "Oh death come a knockin' at my" -- at which point I went "fuuuuck no" and hit next track. Coincidence be confidence and there ain't no flood for some god to murder people in in the area at the moment, but some shit you nope just in case.

Wherever they stopped it wasn't actually at my momma's door, at least.
Ask not!
Ask!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #165005 on: June 28, 2024, 07:39:02 pm »

I witnessed the most heinous mobile game ad. It starts with a guy staring at a woman's huge ass while she's exercising. She farts in his face and he promptly dies. Then comes back as a zombie. As does the whole neighborhood. This game was supposed to be a 3rd person zombie apocalypse game? Started by your own fart? Wtf is this?

I have no idea what game. And I don't want to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165006 on: June 28, 2024, 08:37:19 pm »

These are like rare pepes to me. Sometimes they go so overboard, they tone it down in the next one I feel.
let

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #165007 on: June 28, 2024, 09:21:40 pm »

Please do not quote:

SCOTUS: Gives multiple sad WTF opinions today overturning several longstanding precedents:
* It's now a crime to be homeless and sleep outside or in car (no choice). Rather than fix ... criminalize...?  I'd rather taxes built shelter than jail.
     - Giving $180/night fines/jail to those with nothing won't solve anything. Affordable/decent housing would. Instead, we throw people away.
* Chevron's dead. Means expert scientists at agencies can't safely determine things without massive big business special interest challenges
     - Overfishing, catching endangered/prohibited (dolphins) marine species, etc. Calling filler meats "chicken" when it isn't, just tons.
     - FDA regulation/enforcement of food safety/rodent control in food processing plants. "Too expensive" to big business means suing for less....
      -“What actions can be taken to address climate change or other environmental challenges? What will the nation's health-care system look like
      in the coming decades? Or the financial and transportation systems? What rules are going to constrain the development of AI?” Justice Kagan.
      -The legislature always left gaps for experts/science to fill. Now they have to be way more specific. Good luck with that. They agree on   
      nothing.
      - It could theoretically be ok, but ... I'm just worried it won't wind up being that way for the average person.
* The SEC has less in house fraud enforcement authority.
      -Now has to do longer court proceedings for large fraud....
      -No one running the banks got meaningful consequence (charged or really sued) for the 2008 financial collapse/foreclosure crisis.
      -People lost homes/jobs, etc.

I don't know. I'd like the homeless to have shelter that isn't jail. I'd like food to be safe/clean even if that costs big food processors more (they won't charge less while pocketing the food safety compliance savings themselves), and over fishing not to happen so there's fish.... Similarly, I'd like massive frauds that cause tons of home foreclosures to be afraid of consequences so they don't do that as much and pay when they do so people don't lose houses and jobs....

All the precedent cases always said the opposite of this.... Those are fading away 6/3. "WTF?" More sad really.... 

TL;DR: If you're homeless, sleeping outside (even in car) can now be a crime. :(. Less safety regulation enforcement. :( Less SEC financial anti fraud.Housing and food cost up;safety regulations down..... :(
Please do not quote:

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165008 on: June 29, 2024, 01:40:03 am »

I witnessed the most heinous mobile game ad. It starts with a guy staring at a woman's huge ass while she's exercising. She farts in his face and he promptly dies. Then comes back as a zombie. As does the whole neighborhood. This game was supposed to be a 3rd person zombie apocalypse game? Started by your own fart? Wtf is this?

I have no idea what game. And I don't want to.
I've seen something like that but it's not the worst one I've seen, I remember an ad I saw awhile back for a game that had really rapey vibes, I don't remember the name but it was something about sultans and that's what every ad for the game was.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165009 on: June 29, 2024, 02:30:47 am »

Saw one a while back which was the standard fare of "can you manage to compare which number is bigger and also do basic addition before the FINAL BOSS?", except it went through like three different world iterations in the same ad as the dude kept losing and thereby progressing to a different after-loss-stage.

...also it was glaringly obvious that the entire thing was some kind of humiliation+muscle mommy fetish parade. I don't think anyone checks these things.

I also thought it was hilarious when I saw another one of these made-up ads for an arithmetic runner-shooter, with sharks and zombies and the whole ordeal... And the title drop revealed it to be Evony

As for homeless SCOTUS... Welp. Gotta love the land of the free, eh?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165010 on: June 29, 2024, 07:05:43 am »

The courts will allow local authorities to make their own policies and tactics.  A lot of places already use 'anti-homeless architecture', with park benches with handles in the middle, handicapped spaces separating individual seats, and pointy and otherwise superfluous spikes, lines or divots in flat public areas.

Designed to make it uncomfortable or glaringly impossible to lay down on.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165011 on: June 29, 2024, 07:45:23 am »

I saw a bee that would consistently put her butt in the air when harvesting nectar, like a scorpion menacing with it's tail. Quirky or malformed? (she did fine) and then I saw spider with big white glob of eggs on it's butt. Butt  a day.
let

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165012 on: June 29, 2024, 10:48:58 am »

Step 1: Increase the price cost of living, causing people to be homeless.
Step 2: Make being homeless illegal.
Step 3: Imprison homeless.
Step 4: Lose money on keeping people needlessly imprisoned, preventing them from having a gainful job.

???

I don't think most homeless people want to be. They probably just can't afford to pay for a home. So making it illegal solves nothing.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165013 on: June 29, 2024, 10:57:45 am »

Step 4: Lose money on keeping people needlessly imprisoned, preventing them from having a gainful job.
I mean, society overall, yes. The prisons themselves? Penal slavery is legal in the US, on top of a pile of other horribly immoral shit our prisons get up to to make a profit. Never forget there's a profit motive to criminalization in this goddamned country, and that the incentives regarding the issue are thoroughly screwed up.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #165014 on: June 29, 2024, 02:00:36 pm »

I read a review of Days Gone from 5 years ago, and the (female) reviewer mentioned an example of poor writing being a female character only existing to die in order to provide some sort of motivation for the male protagonist.

According to the comments on the review, this was an example of feminist LGBTQ agenda that permeates media and that men aren’t allowed to exist in media, despite the remainder, and vast majority of the review being about technical and gameplay aspects wholly unrelated to that.

Is there a word for something being both very funny and very sad? A demand for good writing and fleshed out characters isn’t feminist.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10999 11000 [11001] 11002