Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10992 10993 [10994] 10995 10996 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517579 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164895 on: June 07, 2024, 10:38:23 pm »

Given what ive heard about his family, I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't wipe/clean.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164896 on: June 08, 2024, 12:00:09 am »

Like. In fairness, I'm not sure most folks are actually aware of the particulars of their family's post bathroom use practices (at least when said family is capable of handling it themselves; exceptions for primary caretakers and relevant dependents).

If you don't have reason to know you probably don't want to, y'know?

... though you would know if TP's being used just due to the logistics of it, I guess... but I speak from unfortunate experience that sometimes just 'cause it's being used doesn't mean it's being used to clean :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164897 on: June 08, 2024, 02:54:42 am »

I mean what? Unless you have some japanese future toilet that can also do your taxes and roll your cigarettes, no paper is quite the challenge.
Barbarian
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164898 on: June 08, 2024, 03:24:46 am »

They do use toilet paper, or at least I assume. Part of the issue is that I use the quilted kind of toilet paper, which I buy myself. The cheap Scott brand is both prone to disintegration during use and rough enough that recent attempts to use it caused bleeding.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164899 on: June 08, 2024, 08:05:47 am »

Oh... yeah. Three ply or I stab you, at least for home. That 1-ply sandpaper stuff is an act of violence which warrants violence in return.

There's days I wonder what sort of blessed digestion (or incredibly cursed hygiene) folks able to use the cheap stuff without problem experience, because it sure as shit ain't what I've lived with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164900 on: June 08, 2024, 10:29:33 am »

I like the smell of salt and vinegar crisps.

I like the smell of vinegar in general though, and my wife tells me that’s weird.

Just slightly out of date, but I *have* to tell you that no, you're right, and she's the one who's weird. Vinegar my belovegar
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164901 on: June 09, 2024, 09:05:05 am »

Firefox was gobbling my memory, so I rolled it back.  Or thought I did.  Then it auto-updated.  So I went and got a link for 1.25

Except it wasnt.  It was a link to install the latest version under the text labeled 1.25.  So I went into the support forums and found a thread on how to roll back.  Said thread told me I was trying too hard and rollbacks dont work, but heres a link to a full support article about how rollbacks dont fix your problems.

Except they also turned auto-update back on for the install, meaning it was waiting in the rafters to just cram the new version back in.

After cherry picking the link to the real older version, I think Ive finally fixed my problem.  Why the hell do you need so much of my CPU, mozilla?  Why make it so hard to roll back?  Just stop.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164902 on: June 09, 2024, 08:33:01 pm »

I've been miffed with Firefox too. I've also noticed it making suggestions for hot trendy topics when I type anything in the url bar, starting with an 'empty page' actually loads a bunch of news articles etc. It's turning into chrome.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164903 on: June 09, 2024, 08:38:43 pm »

Wait hadn't an actual blank page that isn't blindlngly white allways been two mods in about:config? Prwtty sure default blank page in the settings menu for new tab hasn't felt like a blank page in a dozen years or so. To me at least.
let

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164904 on: June 10, 2024, 07:05:27 am »

I've been miffed with Firefox too. I've also noticed it making suggestions for hot trendy topics when I type anything in the url bar, starting with an 'empty page' actually loads a bunch of news articles etc. It's turning into chrome.
You can disable search engine suggestions in the the address bar in the settings for firefox. Same with sponsored shortcuts and the like
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164905 on: June 10, 2024, 11:03:35 am »

You should be able to point your home page to an empty page saved as a file on your hard drive. All those suggestion-add-ons are linked to the about:blank page.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164906 on: June 11, 2024, 03:01:14 am »

Except they also turned auto-update back on for the install, meaning it was waiting in the rafters to just cram the new version back in.
I've found that the best way to get around those settings being on is to not have the internet on at the time of the install to prevent it trying to update itself.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164907 on: June 11, 2024, 03:41:11 am »

I mean what? Unless you have some japanese future toilet that can also do your taxes and roll your cigarettes, no paper is quite the challenge.
Barbarian

Strong words!  As an educated man, I would have presumed that you would know better than to use THAT word...

For everyone else--

This is a map of the world in which the use of the bidet is commonplace.

This is a map of the Barbary Coast.

Historical:

The term "Barbarian" originally refers to "Anyone who is not Greek", and later to "Anyone who is not Greek or Roman", and is an onomatopoeia (Word that imitates a sound, like "Achoo") for the way these cultures perceived the speech of foreigners.  The Barbary Coast is especially important in this regard, as the people from this area most prominently sounded like they were saying "bar bar bar" when talking (according to preserved correspondence dated from the period.) "The Barbary Coast" is a geographical region in the northern parts of Africa, which historically is associated with speakers having this phonetic pattern, which Greek and Roman types were referring to (mainly due to contact from Mediterranean sea trade).  While the term generally applies to "All Foreigners", 90+% of the time, they are referring to people from the Barbary Coast-- and it is this association that gives the area the name.

While Italy (which includes modern Rome) and Greece most certainly make standardized use of the Bidet, one should take note that the **ENTIRE** Barbary coast (which is defacto Where barbarians CAME FROM) likewise makes use of the bidet.

As the map I pointed to uses, the more correct word is "Savage", not Barbarian. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 03:44:04 am by wierd »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164908 on: June 11, 2024, 08:17:25 am »

While the water solubility of fecal matter is a closed issue, to proclaim to have an ass towel is a weird flex.
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164909 on: June 11, 2024, 01:22:20 pm »

"Barbarian" has always meant, and continues to mean, 'people from far away whose way of life we don't understand, and we find it scary'. So yes, from Dr Cucumber's perspective, Americans are barbarians.
Pages: 1 ... 10992 10993 [10994] 10995 10996 ... 11037