Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10954 10955 [10956] 10957 10958 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645111 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164325 on: January 16, 2024, 12:38:29 am »

I dont get the big deal.  A good thermos starts at about 35ish and flashy-but-good insulated water bottles cost 45ish

So go buy a hydroflask
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164326 on: January 16, 2024, 02:47:21 am »

The people who spend 45 dollars on a cup are the same kind of people that spend 50 on a t-shirt because it has some dumbass brand label on it.

Also the best thermos I've used is an old soup thermos that I got from a thrift store that had gone out of business so it was free. The thing kept stuff cold despite sitting in the sun for several hours. It was some of the best nothing I've spent.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #164327 on: January 16, 2024, 11:42:06 am »

I once bought a really nice glass-lined thermos, put it down on a bench, had it fall and the interior glass smashed into a hundred tiny pieces on the 2nd day I owned it

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164328 on: January 16, 2024, 11:59:52 am »

The only thing I'd spend that kind of money on would be a coffee tumbler.

I assume this is just gym influencer mind control.

Reminds me of a few years ago when the enormous colored plastic water bottles were all the rage.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164329 on: January 16, 2024, 04:28:33 pm »

Grain-free "cereal"

I thought that, by law, in order to be called cereal, the first ingredient by weight had to be a grain?

I mean the frikkin definition of cereal is "a grain used for food, such as wheat, oats, or corn."

I'm tempted to start one of those frivolous lawsuits about which I like to complain.  ;D

WORDS HAVE MEANING DAMMIT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164330 on: January 16, 2024, 06:09:30 pm »

I'm told they're actually fairly decent as a cereal-shaped thing, just... stupid expensive. Several times more expensive by weight than the ostensibly less killy cereal.

Though from a quick check, cereal the... cereal... and cereal the breakfast cereal, are technically different things, albeit with an understandably large amount of overlap. Magic spoon probably fits the second even if it doesn't the first...

... though it may still manage to fit the first; its primary components according to the site are monk fruit and allulose, and the latter is primarily produced through processing maize/corn. So it's not grain free, exactly. It's just leaning into aspects of cereal that are less used and (maybe, testing is hopeful but far from certain) less murderous.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 06:25:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #164331 on: January 17, 2024, 03:05:04 am »

Some bad translation sillyness:
"The value indicates possile patience bonus" - "The value indicates a possible probability of persistence"
Possible probability of persistence. I'll put it with "anyone struck with this sword will be lost unconscious".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164332 on: January 17, 2024, 03:16:30 am »

Vegan "versions" of things which simply aren't vegan don't tend to be very tasty. Vegan food can be really good but it's gotta be based on stuff that's actually vegan, right? So there's going to be things you can't really make that way and have it be acceptable.
I've been finding a good number of actually-good meat replacements.

Vivera's got some good stuff. Plant steaks don't taste like steak but they've got that satisfaction you get from meat down to pat, and their Greek kebab is amazing. Moving Mountains meanwhile has a hotdog that has a taste and texture just like the real thing. Not that difficult when the real thing's made out of ground up pig anus and rat, but still.

My big issue is a lot of vegan/vegetarian foods are lacking a solid source of protein that makes it sit in my stomach. I can devour a vegetable curry, but I'll be hungry an hour later. I gather it might be stomach acid issues, apparently things like GERD (Which I'm pretty sure I have) makes it so that fibre is broken down fast and doesn't sit in your stomach.

Try oatmeal and/or rice with corn.  I don't eat much meat, and those two items seem to work well.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164333 on: January 17, 2024, 12:17:30 pm »

It's hard to find a satiate replacement. Meat-based Protein takes actual work for your body to digest, that's why it's filling. The other option to get full is carbs.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164334 on: January 17, 2024, 12:19:15 pm »

Part of eatting better is eating less, and learning how to manage your cravings.  Have you tried listening and existing with your cravings
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164335 on: January 17, 2024, 12:27:37 pm »

Also obligatory "take vitamin b12 supplements on a vegan diet because plant-based proteins don't have it and you need it."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164336 on: January 17, 2024, 12:46:05 pm »

My own WTF: working from home.

Obviously we've had weather so I've been working from home since last week. Things are clear enough I could go back in but.....

Yesterday I woke up nauseous and had diarrhea. Took a half day and slept. Didn't eat at all until just before I went to bed.

Woke up today still kinda nauseous, more diarrhea. Stomach is rejecting the idea of eating. I need to go to the store. I need to go into work for a password for managerial duties.

But I just don't want to. It's this horrible catch-22 where I feel like shit and don't want to go out, but I know that staying home even longer is making me feel increasingly shitty.

I didn't do WFH for most of covid. I was one of the few people that kept going into the office. I learned how valuable it is for my sanity to have the change of scenery. I start getting depressed at home, I start losing track of time and tasks and the general motivation to stay on top of things. Things in my personal life that are bugging me are hounding my thoughts because my brain isn't dialed into work as a distraction.

I want to take today off too and just flop back into bed but I really shouldn't. I have client meetings, team meetings and my own personal things I should do that I can't just sleep away on.

GUH. I hate this. I hate being caught between able to work and feeling shitty enough I don't want to.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164337 on: January 17, 2024, 12:50:05 pm »

You will usually feel better moving.  It's the first step that we dread.  Gp in, get what you need, and explain you sickness if need be.

Get into your car and turn it on.  The rest comes naturally.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164338 on: January 17, 2024, 12:55:53 pm »

Yeah, I know. This is mostly just me complaining. I don't handle upset stomachs very well. I just can't decide if I've got some kind of stomach bug or anxiety/stress/guilt is manifesting in my stomach. Whatever it is, I hate it and I'm ready to feel normal again.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164339 on: January 17, 2024, 01:05:38 pm »

I had store bought hamburger buns today.

They were sweet. WTF? Why are they adding sugar to buns explicitly intended for meaty dishes??
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10954 10955 [10956] 10957 10958 ... 11002