Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10950 10951 [10952] 10953 10954 ... 11000

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13623053 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164265 on: January 08, 2024, 02:08:26 am »

I am logged in to the forums.
Top of the screen says ' hello martinuzz '

But the forum tabs are only 'home, help, login, register', instead of ' home, help, messages, profile' or whatever it normally is.

EDIT: It just fixed itself
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 02:13:33 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164266 on: January 08, 2024, 07:06:50 am »

I am logged in to the forums.
Top of the screen says ' hello martinuzz '

But the forum tabs are only 'home, help, login, register', instead of ' home, help, messages, profile' or whatever it normally is.

EDIT: It just fixed itself
Forum is slowly falling apart lmao.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164267 on: January 08, 2024, 08:27:50 am »

Always has been always will be.

The forums are victims of entropy.

All will become dust, even the internet.

This cheerful message was brought to you by Amazon Web Services(TM)
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164268 on: January 08, 2024, 08:30:36 am »

I'm so incredibly tired of hearing boomers yap about the reach, it's like dad, you're not going to drive from here to barcelona in one night, it's not the 80's anymore.

Meaning I know what buying decisions the target demographic for new cars would make... And sigh... even if you're a big commuter and you do 300-400-500 miles daily... As long as the car is full in the morning and you got like 20-30% more distance for unforseen stuff... Like chillout folks what are they so anxious about? It's allways the same, look at shiny dangling key, and then a few years down the line: "oh you might as well buy a new one sir", and then there is whining and complaining but never do people question their earlier choices that set them up that route.

This is the dutchman in you speaking. People don't all have everything and everyone they could ever want to drive to within walking distance like you do. When my brother drives down here to visit our parents he has to either charge the batteries on the way, or be able to get there and then to a charging station from there during the stay, or charge the car on the route back up. Yeah, reach matters.

It's even longer to go visit his girlfriends parents but they at least do not live ruraly so they have more options during the stay.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164269 on: January 08, 2024, 08:55:59 am »

Its not even just about amenities. Some people need to drive *a lot* to work. It's important to keep in mind that other's circumstances can be very different from our own. Personally I *barely* need a car (for variety of amenities, arguably. But I have my workplace, a gym, a supermarket, and a mall in a 10-minutes-walk radius and more often than not I prefer to R&R in my home during my time off rather than to go sightseeing.) But I can understand that these circumstances are not common.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #164270 on: January 08, 2024, 08:58:37 am »

I'm planning to drive to New York late this year, which is a 600 mile drive. If I had an electric car, I'd very much want to be able to make that trip with only a couple of stops.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164271 on: January 08, 2024, 09:38:43 am »

This is the dutchman in you speaking. People don't all have everything and everyone they could ever want to drive to within walking distance like you do.

Such slander... The one of our national languages he doesn't master, to the hillbilly stuck in a village with a store in the next one over, who is anti-car because of a self-bred trauma reaction.

Couldn't you have used your enormous reach to drive over here and kick me in the nuts? It would probably have hurt less.

I actually went through the maths because I was curious, believe it our not my immediate vicinity (15-20km, very generous marching distance in all directions) and it averages out at 54habitants/km²...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 09:49:45 am by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164272 on: January 08, 2024, 10:18:53 am »

Woe upon those who dare call the Belge a Dutchman lol
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164273 on: January 08, 2024, 10:54:12 am »

Today I assembled an Ikea bookcase. Not as complex as memes would have you believe.

I was even pleasantly surprised that the nails that came with it were of quenched steel, which made them delightfully hard to bend.

Then came the last step, attaching the wall attachments to secure it from falling. And those, only those, are made of mild steel. Everything else is either particle board, wooden peg, or quenched steel. One of them was even already bent out of shape, not sure when it happened. Possibly when I was pulling the bits out of the box. I of course straightened it back up.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164274 on: January 08, 2024, 05:07:38 pm »

I am once again astounded by my own idiocy in going back to Reddit.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164275 on: January 08, 2024, 06:24:41 pm »

Googling "Boris Vallejo" and half the results are AI art images "made in the style of" Boris Vallejo...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164276 on: January 08, 2024, 06:45:08 pm »

I am once again astounded by my own idiocy in going back to Reddit.

Oh! I do that everyday!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164277 on: January 08, 2024, 11:40:45 pm »

Yeah, once again Reddit's on the "If you're in a fistfight immediately pull a knife and stab" mentality on the basis that a fistfight is incredibly likely to kill you (Which is bollocks. How many fistfights are going on right now? How many deaths will come from them?). I wonder how these people survive. I wonder if they've actually got any experience in a fight. I suspect the answer's no and they're running on revenge fantasies.

It's a childlike understanding of a fight - I have the weapon, therefore I shall win. It ignores everything that can go wrong. They could have a weapon themselves that they weren't going to use until you escalated. They might be better at fighting than you. They might luck out. You might get them and have them get you back while they bleed. You might just have some terrible luck and fall on the knife.

It's especially ironic because Redditors are so fond of the phrase "Losers die on the street, winners die in the ambulance"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164278 on: January 09, 2024, 12:28:59 am »

Most redditors are internet warriors.  Experts at their craft.  Graduated at the top of their class types
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164279 on: January 09, 2024, 12:30:03 am »

That’s… an utterly ridiculous sentiment.

PPE: the winners and losers one. lol I outlived you by 15 minutes what a scrub lol
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10950 10951 [10952] 10953 10954 ... 11000