Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10947 10948 [10949] 10950 10951 ... 11000

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13623049 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164220 on: January 04, 2024, 04:02:09 pm »

Oh man I'm trying to resist the urge to join in the rant about traffic behavior.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164221 on: January 04, 2024, 04:02:52 pm »

Zombies are still hostile, even from friendly necromancers. Necromancers do rarely show up as visitors or migrants, haven't had a necromancer monarch for a while though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164222 on: January 04, 2024, 05:22:46 pm »

Someone arguing that electric vehicles are not viable because they regularly drive 800 miles/day, and having to take breaks to charge would make that infeasible.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164223 on: January 04, 2024, 05:44:39 pm »

For them in their specific usecase?  Under current limitations?  sure, that makes sense, maybe.

Doesnt sound quite right though.  Surely he's getting killed on gas
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164224 on: January 04, 2024, 06:03:29 pm »

800 miles is 10 hours at 80mph. And if they've got enough choice of vehicle to reject electrics, then they're not a trucker...

...gotta say, that's one heck of a commute! Reminds me of the fellow who was figuring he could drive 25 hours a day if he just skipped on breaks.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164225 on: January 04, 2024, 06:36:08 pm »

I used to commute an hour up to one job site, and then 45 minutes to a second
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164226 on: January 04, 2024, 07:19:21 pm »

My father in law used to do that before he retired.

I mean, how many combustible engines can go 800 miles without taking a break for refueling?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164227 on: January 04, 2024, 07:23:58 pm »

How long does charging take nowadays?

If it's still a while to go from near 0% to 100%, then I can see the point. Pumping fuel is 5 minutes at most, paying for it included.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164228 on: January 04, 2024, 08:54:05 pm »

There are quite a few EVs now that can gain close to 200 highway miles worth of charge in less than 40 minutes (mine is one of those - and that is in reality, not just in the marketing material).  So yes longer than 5 minutes, but definitely short enough to line up with a good rest to refresh and eat every 3 hours or so, which makes for much safer, healthier travel.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164229 on: January 05, 2024, 01:25:14 pm »

800 miles a day is driving more than the length of where I live (Lincoln, NE) to Chicago, IL. That's two+ states worth of driving a day.

The only people that would be doing that are long haul truckers, and traveling sales people.

No one is sales is driving 800 miles per day on the reg. They'd take a flight.

So those numbers seem EXTREMELY sus.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164230 on: January 05, 2024, 01:26:21 pm »

800 miles a day is driving more than the length of where I live (Lincoln, NE) to Chicago, IL. That's two+ states worth of driving a day.

The only people that would be doing that are long haul truckers, and traveling sales people.

No one is sales is driving 800 miles per day on the reg. They'd take a flight.

So those numbers seem EXTREMELY sus.

This is true. That’s like driving from Edinburgh to London and back, which is bananas.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164231 on: January 05, 2024, 04:29:34 pm »

The only thing I could see maybe doing something like that is something like Uber or some sort of delivery job, but... it'd be a really weird work schedule and I'd be kinda' surprised they weren't in jail 'cause it implies they'd be regularly blowing through speed limits to degrees even city enforcement starts getting uncomfortable about. Otherwise it just doesn't make much sense.

The question would be if the critter in question gives, like, any indication of what the hell they're doing to be getting those numbers, assuming the answer isn't just "lying about them" anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164232 on: January 05, 2024, 06:09:36 pm »

My father in law used to do that before he retired.

I mean, how many combustible engines can go 800 miles without taking a break for refueling?
Ignore the engine what about the driver? that's 10 hours an more likely 14 hours of straight driving.
Commercial drivers are limited to 11 driving hours in a 14 hour shift, with 10 hours off and they have enforced rest breaks as well.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164233 on: January 05, 2024, 09:58:35 pm »

If it's still a while to go from near 0% to 100%, then I can see the point. Pumping fuel is 5 minutes at most, paying for it included.
I'm sure, if some company could charge you $40 for a "full charge", then they would quickly develop the technology to "fill your battery up" in less than 5 minutes...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164234 on: January 05, 2024, 11:46:32 pm »

I'm sure, if some company could charge you $40 for a "full charge", then they would quickly develop the technology to "fill your battery up" in less than 5 minutes...
Battery hotswapping wen?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10947 10948 [10949] 10950 10951 ... 11000