Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10935 10936 [10937] 10938 10939 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14582904 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164040 on: November 30, 2023, 09:01:11 am »

Was a bit of a wtf moment to notice that imgur is for some reason blocked in the public/guest wifi of the hospital where I'm currently at.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164041 on: November 30, 2023, 10:11:36 am »

Why'd it take this long for Henry Kissinger to die?

He had a bet running with the devil whether he makes it to 100 or not. Unfortunately for Henry he bet against it, making enemies on the way hoping they'll help him win this. At least he'll never be cold again.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164042 on: November 30, 2023, 11:49:24 am »

Sometimes evil is like pickle juice, you know? Preserves the flesh, keeps it going. Mortality catches up eventually, though, at least for now.

Though at least for the high profile ones, well, they tend to be pretty well off, yeah? If someone doesn't kill them while they're doing the whole mass murder thing or whatever, they're going to have access to about as high a level of medical infrastructure as you can get. That stretches the lifespan, even if a more just world would see them struck by lightning or something.

... typing this did make me kinda' curious as to how his grave's going to be desecrated, though. Man was a monster, it's almost guaranteed someone is going to vandalize it sooner or later.
Woooo!
learnt about it a bit ago but the feeling is still coursing through me, fuck yeah
normally I don’t celebrate people’s deaths, I don’t even really love jokes about pissing on Reagan or Thatcher’s graves, but this guy is well and truly an exception — his death makes today a wonderful day

Same here. Usually very hesitant to celebrate deaths but Kissinger's allows for att least one gleeful singing of "ding dong the witch is dead"

Rest in pissinger.

Fun Fact: Kiss means pee in swedish
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #164043 on: November 30, 2023, 12:51:49 pm »

I couldn't bring myself to celebrate even Martin McGuiness' death (he was a prominent IRA terrorist), but there was a certain grim rightness to it.

So I still frown on active celebration, but I suspect many many people will be feeling grimly satisfied.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164044 on: November 30, 2023, 01:34:15 pm »

Was a bit of a wtf moment to notice that imgur is for some reason blocked in the public/guest wifi of the hospital where I'm currently at.

Gotta prevent employees from "wasting time" while waiting for work to come up.

Though admittedly, some of the staff at the nursing homes would gladly sit on their ass and stare at their phones while call lights were going off. Cutting off social media wouldnt actually help that though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164045 on: November 30, 2023, 04:34:46 pm »

My mom put carpet in the bathroom. It's not a full carpet, just a small little U-shaped rug that the ends go around the toilet. Still, it's plush, and more importantly, a carpet. In the bathroom. Ew.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164046 on: November 30, 2023, 04:42:48 pm »

I couldn't bring myself to celebrate even Martin McGuiness' death (he was a prominent IRA terrorist), but there was a certain grim rightness to it.

So I still frown on active celebration, but I suspect many many people will be feeling grimly satisfied.
Wasn't there a quote like "I can't say I've ever wished death on someone, but I've read some obituaries with great satisfaction"?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164047 on: November 30, 2023, 04:56:31 pm »

It's a "celebration of their life" :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164048 on: November 30, 2023, 05:58:37 pm »

My mom put carpet in the bathroom. It's not a full carpet, just a small little U-shaped rug that the ends go around the toilet. Still, it's plush, and more importantly, a carpet. In the bathroom. Ew.

I have always wondered why people would put a carpet in a place in which urine might end up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164049 on: November 30, 2023, 06:06:37 pm »

Mostly so it doesn't end up on the floor? Between that and it being warmer it's not a complicated thought process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164050 on: November 30, 2023, 06:15:42 pm »

It's not as easy to clean up a rug as it is plain tiles though. My landlady has thrown out more than a few because her dogs aren't well house-trained, and the rugs end up reeking.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164051 on: November 30, 2023, 06:50:07 pm »

God wouldn't claim him, Satan was trying to keep him out.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164052 on: November 30, 2023, 07:19:13 pm »

Pretty sure it's only for warm feet. In theory if everybody sits and closes the lid before flushing it's ok, in practice I would not want it. What a fitting subject for piss kiss (you got me confused now scriver  :P) guess I'll go with: What a fitting subject to dissinger day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 07:21:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164053 on: November 30, 2023, 07:25:29 pm »

The little rugs are basically just bathmats though, they can be chucked in the wash quite easily and if you do it regularly they shouldn't be any more gross than the towels and bathmats that also spend most of their time in the bathroom around various fluids. Wouldn't bother with one myself, but the idea is fine.

Actual carpeting is another matter, and I have been in bathrooms that had it, including on parts of the wall around a bathtub, and is genuinely a weird choice.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164054 on: November 30, 2023, 08:00:22 pm »

I mean, that's pretty common. I know I have one in my house

It's a bit old-school, but it's supposed to be for barefooted people in the middle of the night lol
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10935 10936 [10937] 10938 10939 ... 11042