Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10924 10925 [10926] 10927 10928 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570890 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163875 on: October 27, 2023, 03:14:41 am »

But why put curd in cookies?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163876 on: October 27, 2023, 08:32:33 am »

Well, where else are you going to put it? In your socks?

Kids these days...

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163877 on: October 27, 2023, 09:01:58 am »

Curd (called "tvaroh" in czech, never "sýr", which is our word for cheese) can be used in sweet baked goods. I woudn't expect cookies in particular, but my granma used to make very good baked dumplings filled with curd.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163878 on: October 27, 2023, 09:27:16 am »

There's... apparently multiple types of curd (cheese, fruit, probably others i'unno i stopped caring pretty rapidly), so it's possible there's some confusion going on on that front. Probably, really, because from what I've seen usage of the terms involved are overlapping for separate things and not used consistently to boot.

Cheese curd specifically can apparently be subbed in for cream or cottage cheese, which yeah, can be used in baking sweet things.

... that picture looks more or less like cottage cheese, to me, which the idle checking suggests you want to sieve before use if you want it to taste particularly good in sweet things. It's possible that was the problem, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163879 on: October 27, 2023, 10:24:34 pm »

Found a password generator with password security "tips" underneath, some of the "tips" are useless for security, and some are flat out nonsense trash.
Do not use any dictionary word in your passwords. Examples of strong passwords: ePYHc~dS*)8$+V-' , qzRtC{6rXN3N\RgL , zbfUMZPE6`FC%)sZ. Examples of weak passwords: qwert12345, Gbt3fC79ZmMEFUFJ, 1234567890, 987654321, nortonpassword.
In what nonsense world is "Gbt3fC79ZmMEFUFJ" a weak password.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163880 on: October 27, 2023, 10:37:06 pm »

S'just alphanumeric, no other symbols, length's not particularly notable. It wouldn't be particularly difficult for something to brute force it, basically, so it's weak. Pretty sure that's most or all of the reasoning, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163881 on: October 28, 2023, 03:05:10 am »

Is till don't get how people remember passwords like that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163882 on: October 28, 2023, 03:21:15 am »

They don't. They write them down, which is itself a security flaw. :p

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163883 on: October 28, 2023, 03:49:18 am »

S'just alphanumeric, no other symbols, length's not particularly notable. It wouldn't be particularly difficult for something to brute force it, basically, so it's weak. Pretty sure that's most or all of the reasoning, anyway.
Except the program to do the brute-forcing doesn't know it is just alphanumeric.

And even if it did, that's 16 characters. With alphanumeric only, that is 62^16 options for just this length. And it will have to try every length before that as well (though 15 long password has 62 times fewer options than it, and so on, so the current matters the most).

62^16=4.77E28
How many querries can a brute-force program put in per second? 10? 100?
Even with 1000 attempts/second, that is going to take up to 4.77E26 seconds, or 1.51E21 years to brute-force "Gbt3fC79zmMEFUFJ".

But really, you should not make your passwords a random mess of characters. And if you do, and have to write them down, do it in a way that can't be easily found out. You should especially not trust online services to remember them for you.

What you should use as passwords is long strings of lexikon words, arranged into easy to remember sentences. Easy to remember, hard to guess. Especially if you sprinkle it randomly with leet-speech.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163884 on: October 28, 2023, 05:39:15 am »

But then you have to write them down to remember where there was leetspeech
Love, scriver~

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163885 on: October 28, 2023, 05:58:48 am »

It is still easier to remember that then a random mess of characters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163886 on: October 28, 2023, 06:16:41 am »

enh

any password that is important enough to 'secure' I change often enough.  And honestly 2FA is actually mandatory on several accounts that deal with money.  I cant turn that stuff off if I wanted to.

Most passwords I have are variations of a couple of the same ones, and with browsers offering to remember them I bet its a lot like caller id.  Do you remember your parents new cell phone number?  Your kids/wife/husbands?  I bet not.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163887 on: October 28, 2023, 07:18:30 am »

I actually avoid making entries for my family members so that I remember their numbers, so I can call them on someone else's phone. Hasn't paid off yet, but feels clever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163888 on: October 28, 2023, 08:35:59 am »

There's... apparently multiple types of curd

curdish diaspora

The best password is 1234, trust me, just try it out.
let

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #163889 on: October 28, 2023, 10:01:47 am »

Yesterday when I opened my iphone , what caught my eyes are dozens of negative news , such as the death of the former prime minister of the state council , the military conflicts between the Israel and the pakistan and the military conflicts in the Myanmar .etc

It makes me feel that the Doomsday would come or the WWIII will break out , which makes me feel very "WTF "

In China some conspiracy theories are also spreading , for Mr . Li Keqiang is a well-rounded officer with good abilities ,someone supposed that his death is related to the jealousy of someone ,You-know-who .

问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !
Pages: 1 ... 10924 10925 [10926] 10927 10928 ... 11040