Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10917 10918 [10919] 10920 10921 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14567358 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163770 on: October 12, 2023, 04:52:34 pm »

I think you say "Hey, can you DM me music you like?" then listen to it.

And here's another for you Rolan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEizKmZlUAw
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163771 on: October 12, 2023, 05:36:54 pm »

Thank you, what a beautiful video!!  I love forests like that, they're so enchanting.  The music really evokes that feeling, particularly as they get chilly and foreboding and winter approaches.  Lonely mountains...
I've broadened my musical horizons because the queer people in my DMs keep sending me metal and glitchcore or whatever, but sometimes it's nice to listen to old faves~

is there a way to learn this power
It is a mystery, but by asking you did get me to reach back out to the person with the Sleep Token tattoo!  Thanks <3  Don't worry, I'm not letting them make me dinner
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163772 on: October 13, 2023, 03:22:01 am »

The best way I've found to get past the annoying adds on youtube is to download the entire channel then I never have to put up with their damned adds and and I can flip through it as much as I want and not run into any adds.

Also GoogleyGareth has some good stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163773 on: October 13, 2023, 06:22:57 am »

Ghostery + enhancer for youtube's blocking youtube ads without any particular trouble on my end. Adds some bits of helpful functionality, too, like a default non-auto resolution and the ability to loop.

... though now that I think of it, the default resolution thing might be available to people that log in? Not sure if anything changes on the player side in that case. Not going to log in to youtube to find out, though, so I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163774 on: October 13, 2023, 08:31:36 am »

This past week, I've had two birds splatter themselves against my windows. Now there's chunky bird salsa on the window frames.

At least the local magpies aren't going hungry.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #163775 on: October 13, 2023, 08:34:26 am »

Oh so you are cursed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163776 on: October 13, 2023, 08:58:00 am »

I imagine it's Hitchcock's The Birds playing out, but da_nang just can't be bothered to notice, and simply keeps absent-mindedly gibbing those avian bastards. Occasionally wondering where those chunks of feathery marinara came from, all while there's beaked maelstrom raging around him.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163777 on: October 13, 2023, 10:38:26 am »

Someone just released a game on Steam, ostensibly with MacOS compatibility... but they compiled it 32 bit so it only works with 10.14 or earlier, which was basically deprecated summer of 2019 and is still Intel...

I'm not sure how I understand why you'd want to do such a thing. I mean MacOS gaming is hard enough as it is... why would you release it for such an old MacOS version?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 10:40:12 am by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163778 on: October 13, 2023, 11:02:37 am »

Probably been on it since it was still supported, wouldn't throw out his work just beacuse apple are dicks... I know 2 types of apple users, those who buy the newest shit more often than it's useful and people who still love their macbook from 2010.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163779 on: October 13, 2023, 12:23:08 pm »

Probably a combination of that and just not having access to a newer mac environment. Four to five years old isn't particularly old for a decent comp. They might not want to, but also not really have any better options at the moment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163780 on: October 13, 2023, 12:39:59 pm »

Doesn't make sense. The steam page says needs at least MacOS 10.13, which was a 32/64-bit system. So even if you're on a computer that can only run 10.13, why wouldn't you just hit the "64-bit" checkbox in the build and then get compatibility with every Mac since at least 2018?

I mean of course you're going to get pretty close to zero Mac sales in 2023 if you release a game that's only supported on two old versions of the OS.

I think you guys are giving the developer too much credit here.  The only thing I can think of is they have a limited version of whatever engine they used - does Unity or Unreal have a 32-bit only restriction for one of its old versions?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163781 on: October 13, 2023, 02:47:04 pm »

What kind of insane OS would stop offering backward compatibility for 32-bit programs? That sounds like something -- well, Apple would do.
Why would you want to compile to 64-bit if it doesn't need it? Such a waste of perfectly good bits.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163782 on: October 13, 2023, 02:50:46 pm »

I love apple until I want to do something they dont want me to
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163783 on: October 13, 2023, 03:14:10 pm »

Thank you, what a beautiful video!!  I love forests like that, they're so enchanting.  The music really evokes that feeling, particularly as they get chilly and foreboding and winter approaches.  Lonely mountains...
I'd definitely recommend Wardruna's other songs, then. It's all Nordic neo-folk. The first three albums are based upon the runes, which I seem to recall was partly motivated by a desire to reclaim Norse culture from hate groups.

Andvevarljod is amazing, although probably not a great getting-into-the-band song
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163784 on: October 13, 2023, 03:14:59 pm »

I prefer Heilung, personally. It comes off as more folk music, whereas Wardruna is like folk with a metal vibe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 10917 10918 [10919] 10920 10921 ... 11040