Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10848 10849 [10850] 10851 10852 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572129 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162735 on: May 18, 2023, 02:09:59 am »

If they didn't that's a WTF because you'd think the guy who made it would be the best person to work with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #162736 on: May 18, 2023, 06:06:14 am »

Plot twist: The job was made and tailored for that individual, but legally they had to advertise it for interview. By placing a preposterous '5 year experience' restriction, they could 'settle' for their intended employee.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162737 on: May 18, 2023, 07:51:26 am »

at a modest reduction in salary, of course, to compensate for the 'lack of experience'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162738 on: May 19, 2023, 01:36:22 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wAo54DHDY0

Just a DOOM 2 map right? Can't be that interesting in the year of our Lord 2023.

No....it's more of a work of art. The video is an hour and 42 minutes and I was honestly riveted throughout. The meta story behind the map is also really interesting. It's all very unsettling. Probably a deliberate construction of fiction from top to bottom. Stuff involving Liminal Spaces and the Backrooms tend to vibe that way. But it's fascinating and a really impressive piece of work none the less.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162739 on: May 19, 2023, 02:05:48 am »

I downloaded a game today, and played the tutorial.

The tutorial taught me how to drive a boat, for a ridiculously unnecessary amount of time, then showed me (barely) how to cast a rod. Then it made me move the boat, and cast the rod, and deal with a snag. Then it told me to drive the boat back the unnecessary long time again.

It did not explain to me how the radar worked, how to find fish, what type of lures (and/or bait) to use, it did not explain the more complicated parts of casting a rod, nor did it explain the various types of “retrievals” and methods to attract fish to the rod, nor what reducing drag or reel speed really do.

Like, I don’t know what the crossover is between fishing and gaming is, both involve a lot of sitting and staring into space, but I very much doubt all gamers are expert fisher people to the point you don’t need to explain it in your shitty game.

There is an in-game manual oh wait it’s a QR code ffs, and takes you to a link which lists the controls and menu items, and lists the various elements of the HUD. Real helpful.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 02:09:08 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #162740 on: May 19, 2023, 04:37:23 am »

There is an in-game manual oh wait it’s a QR code ffs, and takes you to a link which lists the controls and menu items, and lists the various elements of the HUD. Real helpful.

Christ.

I get this shit all the time these days - I bought some electronics and the "manual" that came with it was a QR code for the app that would...explain how to use the thing.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162741 on: May 19, 2023, 11:42:22 am »

They want you to use the app.  Multi tiered data harvesting.  That and the devs probably dont handle the games files after publishing it.  So the guys who do that have an app for that.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162742 on: May 19, 2023, 08:36:53 pm »

Well, that's something I can't remember ever having done before, and it's... kinda' creepy.

Turns out if you put a flashlight (that's on, if it wasn't obvious) against a cat's cheek, the closest eye to that cheek lights up from the inside. Y'know, like it does for your thumb or whatever except it's an eye socket. Cat didn't seem to mind, but...

E: Also, having now checked, it doesn't have the same effect on at least the dog I've got, dunno about other breeds. Like, the skin around the eye does the light-up-from-inside thing, but... not basically the whole eye socket. Apparently something about feline eye structure makes the effect particularly unsettling on cats.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 08:39:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162743 on: May 19, 2023, 09:15:48 pm »

Well cats eyes reflect light back out so they can see better, which I think gives that eerie look when there’s a cat in the dark with super bright eyes, possibly as a consequence of being more active (or supposed to be more active) in the twilight hours.

I don’t think dogs have the same thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162744 on: May 19, 2023, 09:55:18 pm »

Well cats eyes reflect light back out so they can see better, which I think gives that eerie look when there’s a cat in the dark with super bright eyes, possibly as a consequence of being more active (or supposed to be more active) in the twilight hours.

I don’t think dogs have the same thing.

And thus, we continue to prove the obvious: Cats aren't as bright as Dogs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162745 on: May 19, 2023, 10:11:04 pm »

I... think that's backwards, in this case? The cat was notably brighter than the dog was. Like, its eyeballs were glowing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162746 on: May 19, 2023, 10:17:54 pm »

Ugh, drunk posting.

Cats are brighter than dogs.

::Joke Complete::

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162747 on: May 20, 2023, 12:13:30 am »

A dog will want to help, a cat while maybe it'll help.
if it get's a reward then maybe....
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162748 on: May 20, 2023, 01:44:20 am »

Christ.

I get this shit all the time these days - I bought some electronics and the "manual" that came with it was a QR code for the app that would...explain how to use the thing.
When I bought my laptop a few years ago the "manual" it came with was a just pamphlet that told you how to plug it into a wall and turn it on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162749 on: May 20, 2023, 02:55:17 am »

More like "Things that made you go "WTF?" last week o_O "

My PC randomly had a hard drive hiccup and the sound died somehow in the process. Nothing helped. Not even techie friends. Ended up moving all files I cared about onto GoFile (I didn't want to pay for a cloud storage option so I just zipped everything and put it onto a file sharing service), set up a flash drive recovery (with a completely legally acquired Windows ISO of course ;)), reset everything, then redownloaded the files. Sound came back. Yay!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 10848 10849 [10850] 10851 10852 ... 11040