Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10745 10746 [10747] 10748 10749 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14565467 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161190 on: November 15, 2022, 06:54:48 pm »

Alright, you've talking me into playing more Monster Breeder.  You monster! Actually, I was probably going to do it anyways...

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #161191 on: November 15, 2022, 09:29:29 pm »

Apparently, the forum doesn't adjust to Daylight Savings Time; I had to go and manually set the offset in my profile to align with reality.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161192 on: November 15, 2022, 10:03:49 pm »

Did you really have to, though? Coulda' just left it!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #161193 on: November 16, 2022, 12:24:21 am »

Fuck DST all my homies hate DST.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161194 on: November 16, 2022, 03:28:29 am »

Winter time is normal time. Winter time is aligned with our natural clocks and healthy and good.

Summer time is make believe time. Summer time is unhealthy and causes stress and heart attacks.

Choose accordingly.
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161195 on: November 16, 2022, 03:40:32 am »

God I hate daylight savings time, that shit really fucks with my sleep schedule.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161196 on: November 16, 2022, 03:46:15 am »

And, I forgot the most important thing I'm the above post: summertime is DST (as opposed to winter time's normal time)
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161197 on: November 16, 2022, 04:58:26 am »

Doesn't matter which one is the right one I wish they'd just pick one and stick with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161198 on: November 16, 2022, 05:32:29 am »

No, it does matter which on the pick because if we pick the wrong one then the middle of the day won't be in the middle of the day, and we might get stuck with the one that literally kills people because it has "summer" in the name instead of the one that is beneficial to us because that one "winter is so boooring I want sun and warm weather"
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161199 on: November 16, 2022, 08:08:52 am »

I was suffering from anxiety yesterday, so I was feeling really anxious, but I also had a social situation which I absolutely had to sit through, there was no way around it. Everything turned out alright, but I was still anxious afterwards.

Thinking on it, I realize now the handicap that the anxiety gives me. It's not just that it's making me uncomfortable and stressed, but also that it is locking my emotional state in place for a while. It really does seem to be the case that nothing I do can relieve this anxiety except for time, so I have to endure it for that length of time. During that stretch of time, because my emotional state is locked in place, I can't rely on that portion of my brain for guidance, so I have to outsource everything my emotions would do to the intellectual portion of my brain.

I had talked before about my "Flow chart" where every social situation is dictated logically by the flowchart, which works because the flowchart is made by years of trial and error, and it has a pretty rough idea of how avoid social faux pas and social problems. The flow chart is not actually good at interacting however, just at avoiding social trouble, and when the purpose is to interact meaningfully with people, the flowchart is terrible. Anxiety is forcing me to use the flowchart because I can't trust my emotions, so I have to try to deduce my way through the social encounter, making me much more rigid, stilted, and awkward than I really want to be. I want to tear myself away from that intellectuality, because it just isn't doing me any good, but having random anxiety seems to be the next hurdle to overcome towards becoming a normal person. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 08:11:09 am by JoshuaFH »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161200 on: November 18, 2022, 02:07:36 am »

Sertraline dreams have started up again.

This one was me going on an acid trip or something in my sleep. Just felt comfortable floating in a sea of colours which I knew were other people.

Really nice, really weird and abstract. I also woke up hugging my pillow.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161201 on: November 18, 2022, 09:34:27 am »

Quote from: Microsoft
Minecraft Java version only gives you a single user license.

Rent-seeking at its finest.  I have already paid for this game a few times (PS3 disc version, to Mojang) and once for the Java edition on the Mac, I'm not going to pay for it again dammit! My 6 year old can't grasp why his 9 year old sister can play on the computer but he can't. Can I send Microsoft a bill for my pain and suffering because kids don't understand licensing models and rent-seeking garbage?

DOJ, are you listening!?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #161202 on: November 18, 2022, 10:40:11 am »

You could use a different Minecraft launcher like MultiMC and then start the version instance in offline mode once you've run it once and authenticated against it, and if you run a server, you can sidestep mojang authentication when you connect to it by setting online-mode=false in server.properties. No clue what Minecraft does when you do Open to LAN though.

Unless the computer itself is the point of contention, that can't be helped, heh.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161203 on: November 18, 2022, 07:24:22 pm »

For anyone familiar, how do you guys feel about HealthyGamerGG? Youtube channel link:

https://www.youtube.com/@HealthyGamerGG

I've watched a couple of his videos (Only a couple, because Jesus his library of videos is fucking enormous. He seriously got his money's worth out of that psyche degree I assume he has.) and I'm undecided as to whether he's actually being helpful or not.

He does genuinely seem like a nice, therapisty guy with good intentions, and his videos speak directly to the issues of the current generation. I was wondering what others thought tho.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161204 on: November 18, 2022, 08:16:48 pm »

I've seen a few of his videos. They cater to people who have deeper problems than I do, but it seems like he's one of the few people who actually understands the problems he's trying to help. The man does not sell platitudes and that already gives me a lot of respect for him.

I can't tell you how much he helps people since I'm not in the target demographic, but I'm surprised by how often I finish a video feeling like I actually learned something.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 10745 10746 [10747] 10748 10749 ... 11040