Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456010 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16095 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »

That's not even a WTF, really. It's fairly obvious why it happened, and similar things have been done before by people working under the Anonymous name-umbrella. I'll refrain from celebrating a company that supported SOPA/PIPA getting what was coming to them being attacked, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: September 10, 2012, 08:33:30 pm »

It's WTF because I don't think Anonymous has ever accomplished something this big before. GoDaddy is a major player in the domain registry business, and Anon took the whole thing down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

I just found out that I can make some really, really fuckin' weird noises with my mic, without doing too much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

It's WTF because I don't think Anonymous has ever accomplished something this big before. GoDaddy is a major player in the domain registry business, and Anon took the whole thing down.
by server level yes thats fricking huge. i shudder to what happens they go after google. My offensive web security idea keeps getting better everyday :D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: September 10, 2012, 08:39:38 pm »

They'd need a reason to go after google, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: September 10, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »

well they are starting to downrank any torrent sites that have complaints flagged against them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: September 10, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »

Google sells people's data and collaborates with authoritarian regimes to censor search results. Anonymous generally likes privacy and doesn't like censorship.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:44:38 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: September 10, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »

Dismal Falls, Bland County. No need to visit the link but who names these places?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: September 10, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »

If its Master Quest then the cows are suppose to be there

Still a WTF.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:14 pm »

Today, Anonymous took down every GoDaddy site on Earth.

So apparently going by that link.

Main Godaddy site: Still active and working. Sites of innocent customers: Fucked up.

Way to go internet freedom fighters. Really sticking it to the man there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's entirely what they intended. The objective here is to make GoDaddy lose business because they supported SOPA.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: September 10, 2012, 09:29:18 pm »

Or it could just be 'Hey, godaddy supported SOPA, lets be late and attack it some months afterward to remind them.'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: September 10, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »

Main Godaddy site: Still active and working. Sites of innocent customers: Fucked up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean more than actually taking down the sites homepage? I mean, their site is just a poster for their operations. They attacked their operations. Sure, some innocent people were inconvenienced, but they've certainly scared the shit outta me for one by demonstrating they can cripple the entire business rather than just rip down the poster in front of it. Uh... who hosts B12 by the way? I'm a little worried now.

(not condoning it and you're 100% right that it's wrong to all the wrong people, just saying if they wanted to impress me they have)
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: September 10, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's entirely what they intended. The objective here is to make GoDaddy lose business because they supported SOPA.

Alright. Sure. But why hurt innocents? I mean, if they really wanted to make a statement or whatever why not go after the main site? Sure, GoDaddy loses face from this, but not more then if their main site was lost. I can understand why GoDaddy was targeted, I just think the actions taken were stupid and not really helpful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean more than actually taking down the sites homepage? I mean, their site is just a poster for their operations. They attacked their operations. Sure, some innocent people were inconvenienced, but they've certainly scared the shit outta me for one by demonstrating they can cripple the entire business rather than just rip down the poster in front of it. Uh... who hosts B12 by the way? I'm a little worried now.

(not condoning it and you're 100% right that it's wrong to all the wrong people, just saying if they wanted to impress me they have)

Maybe? If they were really after scaring average random people though I would say that makes them even stupider.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: September 10, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »

No one ever said Anon was there to make a sound point, with not much in the way of stupid. Anon is there to mess up things and be generally confusing to everyone on tv news. Usually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 11040