Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445615 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #1605 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »

Not a WTF moment for me but I'm making hamburgers for my family and I decided to add some Dave's Insanity Sauce to the meat on a whim. Hopefully they appreciate my culinary genius :P.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:33:39 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:30 pm »

Oh dear. If your family aren't heat freaks, they're going to hate you for that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 04, 2011, 03:45:39 am »

After moving into college I've found that I get up every day at 2-4 o clock for no fucking reson. I WANT TO SLEEP IN!!!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 04, 2011, 04:04:41 am »

I'm assuming that's 2-4 AM, I get the same thing, early waking, when I'm sleeping somewhere I'm not used to. don't worry you'll settle in. Actually I think that's biological, defense mechanism to sleeping in an unknown location. It's because predators could eat you (in theory).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 04, 2011, 04:06:49 am »

When ever my sleeping cycles get too far out of reason I stay awake for three days, then I'm so tired that I get some good sleep. Seems to fix it for a while at least.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:43 am »

After moving into college I've found that I get up every day at 2-4 o clock for no fucking reson. I WANT TO SLEEP IN!!!

With me it's between midnight and 2, and it's persisted for two years.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2011, 10:59:44 am »

I woke up this morning and realized what seemed off in my dream. I was playing a Touhou game, and all the characters had mustaches and, in some cases, short goatee thingies. RedKing, if you're reading this, I blame you, since they were exactly the same style as that team in Shaolin Soccer.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:31 am »

Yes. That is exactly right. Exactly. You even picked the right character!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 04, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »

Today, I booted up my brother's laptop. Everything seemed normal. I opened up Firefox and when I did a search on the Mozilla start page (the default page for Firefox if you don't have a home page) I get a bunch of listings for some shady sites and at the top it gives me crap about how the search cannot be completed. At the bottom is says... Yahoo Search. Something is up. Now, I can load up all pages but Google just fine. When I go to Google, it gives me a 404. Until something is figured out, I'm going to assume TRAWJANS.

EDIT: It's works now. What the fuck?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:41:54 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:49 pm »

Check anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 04, 2011, 04:10:15 pm »

So, this year, our cross country team gained a freshman who is apparently pretty good. We also have a really good senior who won our region and was about tenth place in the state meet last year.

Second meet, but the first I'm at. 90+ degrees, 11:00 ish AM start time, sunny. The elder wins with a 16:09, but it's not often a high school freshman goes 16:10 for a 5k. Bricks everywhere.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 04, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

Every single episode of Ugly Americans.

I've never seen this show, though unfortunately a simple walk down any boulevard gives you plenty of WTF Ugly Americans.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 04, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »

WTF, new droid commercial? Why aren't you trying to sell me anything, instead opting to show me a mechanized stadium and some chick throwing around robot pieces? It should be awesome, but it just comes off as a wtf.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 04, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »

I just realized that my sleeping habits this summer went from one extreme to the other.From going to bed at 5 AM a few weeks ago to getting up at 5 AM now X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »

I just realized that my sleeping habits this summer went from one extreme to the other.From going to bed at 5 AM a few weeks ago to getting up at 5 AM now X)

I hope you didn't stare at your computer in the darkness. Weeks of being a vampire is not healthy.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 11040