Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10690 10691 [10692] 10693 10694 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14557502 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160365 on: July 16, 2022, 06:33:16 pm »

I saw Airplane 2 as a kid. But only now, upon rewatching some clips, have I realised that it starred Shatner as the base commander. His deadpan is great, too. What a magnificent goof.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #160366 on: July 16, 2022, 07:17:20 pm »

maybe the screaming is due to the whole "ha ha yer old" thing rather than mistaken anachronism spotting?

I was going for "since LCD flatscreens are older than you think, seeing one in something "old" doesn't make you as old as it feels".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160367 on: July 17, 2022, 04:46:14 am »

I though it was a tv series?

Start Tractor: The Next Generator.
-Engage!
-It's dead, Jim.

“Use the tractor beam!” *shoots tractor at alien ship*
Meanwhile on the Borg McDonald farm they're using genetic engineering and cybernetics to create a herd of super cows.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160368 on: July 17, 2022, 05:16:38 am »

The government Regulans are again putting limits on what crops I can cultivate. Meanwhile, Borg's monoculture is invading my fields!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160369 on: July 17, 2022, 05:31:14 am »

Your assets will be assimilated. Your equipment, time and expertise will be adapted to service us. Resistance is feudal.

"Sir! Now the're spouting communism!"

"Damnit! We have a MONOPOLY on fully automated space communism! HOW DARE THEY!"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160370 on: July 17, 2022, 05:42:41 am »

Mr. Kirk! The potato beetles are attacking our field! Everyone to their stations. Set pesticides to stun. Field integrity at 60%... 30%... They've broken through! Retreat to the bridge.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160371 on: July 17, 2022, 04:40:47 pm »

Looked at my window, and saw a dead wasp, one of those big, solid-black ones that have always been assholes towards me. On the inside of the window, meaning it was inside of my room for an unknown amount of time before it died. Kind of worrisome, since I also don't know how it got in.

Also, my stepdad cranked up the douchebag mode today, by blocking the stairs up to the front door with a trash bag. Apparently, he wanted me to take it out, and thus his method of asking me to was to block the stairs while I'm bringing in my laundry and therefore both have my hands full and heading the opposite direction, and that I'm supposed to somehow magically know that this was his intent.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160372 on: July 19, 2022, 07:37:29 pm »

My mother is convinced peanut butter, Ritz and Wheat Thins brand crackers, and pop tarts are all banned/near-impossible to acquire in Europe (generic "Europe", guessing EU)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160373 on: July 19, 2022, 07:52:45 pm »

Is there... some kind of reason for that, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160374 on: July 19, 2022, 08:02:07 pm »

Fox News, presumably. Gotta be scared to be like first world countries...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160375 on: July 20, 2022, 12:00:54 am »

I never encountered wheat thins until I moved to the US.

Can’t say I was particularly unsettled by that seeing as they put sugar in it for some ungodly reason.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160376 on: July 20, 2022, 03:04:25 am »

I... I mean, one thing is US food brands perhaps being a bit tricky to find (although Ritz is one of those that's just all over the place), but... Peanut butter??

Has she been watching Stranger Things? Not all of Europe is Soviet-era Russia

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160377 on: July 20, 2022, 03:40:22 am »

Not all things from your country are available in other countries.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160378 on: July 20, 2022, 04:31:53 am »

I've never seen any of those brands around my neck of woods. I don't see why I would, though - it's more likely to find some local brand of crackers on the shelf in any country. Even if it was invaded and consumed by some international behemoth like Nestle of Pepsico, they'd retain the brand for consumer recognition.
Pop tarts I've never seen at all. Don't understand what they are by looking at pictures. Peanut butter is not terribly popular but to be found in larger markets.

And of course, since I live near the geographic centre of Europe, it means my experiences are valid for all of Europe and Eric's mother is somewhat vindicated in her beliefs.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #160379 on: July 20, 2022, 06:28:05 am »

Never seen those specific brands either, but I've encountered the occasional "American" or "British" food/snacks store, that exist probably equally if not more for exotism-craving Swedes, than for expats. I include the British too since I imagine some brands are shared across the anglosphere.

Peanut butter is everywhere though.
Pages: 1 ... 10690 10691 [10692] 10693 10694 ... 11039