Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10666 10667 [10668] 10669 10670 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558154 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160005 on: June 03, 2022, 09:57:32 am »

Lol. Lmao even
EA has run out of ideas for Sims 4 DLC so now we have a ‘werewolf’ pack coming out
Obviously everything thinks ‘furry pack’
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160006 on: June 03, 2022, 10:07:16 am »

Lol. Lmao even
EA has run out of ideas for Sims 4 DLC so now we have a ‘werewolf’ pack coming out
Obviously everything thinks ‘furry pack’
Eh, furries have been in The Sims since the very first game in the form of werewolves.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #160007 on: June 03, 2022, 10:12:50 am »

CRISIS OF CATEGORIES
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160008 on: June 03, 2022, 10:25:23 am »

Damn I was hoping Rose still was working on it.  It looked really cool
Yeah, I'm pretty sad about it too

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160009 on: June 03, 2022, 10:33:28 am »

CRISIS OF CATEGORIES
Well done, I guffawed XD

Random pride month WTF:  Gay marriage in the US has been legal for longer than the Confederacy existed
barely
I'm always surprised when I'm reminded that the big decision was as recent as 2015.  It was such a huge fight and a close decision, yet it's so obviously correct that it's easy to take it for granted.  It's wild that 4/9 justices tried to enforce "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" 6 years ago.

Not to mention all the "sodomy laws" which I kinda remember discussing on this very forum around that time.  I was so scared back then, all the time, and I wasn't wrong to be!  Shit was FUCKED UP.  It still is, but at least we *technically* have more rights on *paper* now...

I'm torn between appreciating the progress that was made, and infuriated at how hard-fought such obvious decisions were.  And now they're moving to re-litigate a lot of that shit, trying to take those natural rights away.  That's going to get real ugly, because even cowards like me have tasted too much freedom to go back into hiding.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160010 on: June 03, 2022, 10:46:50 am »

Quick!
Put a Transgender Judge on the Supreme Court!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160011 on: June 03, 2022, 10:53:08 am »

Someone managed, with a straight face, to ask McConnell whether he'd permit Biden a Supreme Court justice.  Sorry for getting political but it's just so absurd I want to cry-laugh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #160012 on: June 03, 2022, 10:54:07 am »

Beware a crisis of categories, friends.

Anthropomorphic deities ≠ furries. Nor do their worshipers. Societies which relied on and feared nature created gods which reflected their understanding of *palpatine voice* supreme power. Dressing to resemble these figures was intended to imbue the individual with personal power or the clan with divine support.

Furries owe their existence to a very different impulse; the desire for release. Society places bonds upon humans; by dressing as animals and deliberately constructing a persona these bonds are loosened. The community is essentially a support network for those who find release in the othering of themselves.

These are distinct categories of meaning. Only the loosest possible definition could hope to contain both; at which point definition itself becomes stretched to the point of meaninglessness.

My tea-fueled two cents.
I was mostly joking.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160013 on: June 03, 2022, 12:12:03 pm »

Someone managed, with a straight face, to ask McConnell whether he'd permit Biden a Supreme Court justice.  Sorry for getting political but it's just so absurd I want to cry-laugh.
Hm, interesting point.
If the Republicans win a majority in the Senate, what happens if a Judge retires during the remainder of Biden's Presidency?

The simple answer: The President nominates someone for a vacancy on the Court and the Senate votes to confirm the nominee, which requires a simple majority. In this way, both the Executive and Legislative Branches of the federal government have a voice in the composition of the Supreme Court.

Ah, but the practical answer is "Who knows?"
A Trans Judicial candidate might just be the Ideal Candidate for Joe. Or at least, is the First Candidate that Joe should run through the gauntlet. Let the Senate Republicans look like complete assholes, then Joe can push through his actual candidate as the Senate Republicans scramble to fix their public image.

Or maybe they'll just sit on it for two years.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160014 on: June 03, 2022, 12:44:03 pm »

After not having one in years... I've had two migraines in the span of a week.   :o

(Migraine auras are weird... at least I have a warning when I have them!)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 12:50:10 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160015 on: June 03, 2022, 01:14:18 pm »

Thanks for changing the subject.  Political bullshit belongs in political threads. 
I'm so sick of politics I stopped reading about it decades ago.  Being reminded of it in non politics threads makes me go WTF guys.
Nothing personal aimed at anyone, but please.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160016 on: June 03, 2022, 01:50:51 pm »

To be blunt, the spill over is expected, as we only have one American Politics thread, and it's just not enough.
Sigh, I guess it's time to spool up the Threadcrafter Engines, and theorycraft some more threads.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160017 on: June 03, 2022, 02:01:56 pm »

Yes, please, make dozens of politics threads, I'll know which threads to ignore.  The more there are, perhaps the less spillover!
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160018 on: June 03, 2022, 02:06:34 pm »

Yes, please, make dozens of politics threads, I'll know which threads to ignore.  The more there are, perhaps the less spillover!

Your wish has been granted  :P

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160019 on: June 03, 2022, 02:09:59 pm »

And I didn't even find a golden lamp!   Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 10666 10667 [10668] 10669 10670 ... 11039