Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10654 10655 [10656] 10657 10658 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14559834 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159825 on: May 11, 2022, 03:29:20 pm »

Huh. Pharma shill commercial ended on "these aren't the only serious side effects", which... I haven't seen before, or at least if I had it's been a long, long time.

Makes me wonder if the pharma bastards stateside managed to loosen regs on drug ads or somethin'...
this is concerning

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159826 on: May 11, 2022, 05:14:49 pm »

Honestly being assimilated into the blob would have been better than showing up for work this morning
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159827 on: May 11, 2022, 07:26:32 pm »

My coding homework requested a while loop and recommended a for loop when I mis-spelled something O.o
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #159828 on: May 11, 2022, 08:09:56 pm »

Huh. Pharma shill commercial ended on "these aren't the only serious side effects", which... I haven't seen before, or at least if I had it's been a long, long time.

Makes me wonder if the pharma bastards stateside managed to loosen regs on drug ads or somethin'...

It's CYA. Just in case more side effects crop up and somebody experiences one before the ad gets updated, they can point to that line as some protection.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159829 on: May 11, 2022, 08:28:00 pm »

I mean... it didn't sound like that? I've heard "other serious side effects may occur" before, which would be reasonable phrasing for a CYA for unknown effects. This wasn't like that.

It was more cutting out (possibly quite a lot of) that line of common major ones that most of those cursed ads have, which would be a pretty substantial (and fairly serious) change in how they've worked for a while now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #159830 on: May 11, 2022, 09:29:45 pm »

Ah. Here's the probably explanation.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/prescription-drug-advertising/drug-advertising-glossary-terms#adequate_provision

If the ad tells you where to find the information, they don't have to provide the information in the ad. This provision is rarely used because it runs a number of risks.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159832 on: May 13, 2022, 07:25:02 pm »

That... seems to be a remarkably shit news article, which I guess isn't be surprising. It apparently wasn't so much the "bald" part as "personal physical characteristic attached to insults, on top of other things", which in this particular case was bald, but could have been... whatever. Brown-eyed or somethin' would have probably met the standard there just as well. Bloody clickbait shite :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159833 on: May 13, 2022, 09:37:04 pm »

That... seems to be a remarkably shit news article, which I guess isn't be surprising. It apparently wasn't so much the "bald" part as "personal physical characteristic attached to insults, on top of other things", which in this particular case was bald, but could have been... whatever. Brown-eyed or somethin' would have probably met the standard there just as well. Bloody clickbait shite :-\

Nah, they ruled in that way because the guy was bald, and more importantly, the Judge was bald.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159834 on: May 14, 2022, 03:18:08 am »

Bald guys gotta stick together!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159835 on: May 14, 2022, 07:51:35 am »

I figured you guys would get a kick out of it, at least.

Im greying, and I even like it - but we dont do bald
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159836 on: May 14, 2022, 08:33:56 am »

I'm balding really early and really fast. Hopefully it's 'just' stress but I wish I wasn't. I like my hair
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159837 on: May 14, 2022, 11:43:24 am »

I'm also joining the bald club. Always had long hair. It's a huge toll on my self esteem. I've been meaning to cut it forever but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I can honestly understand bald counting as sexual harassment, but I don't personally agree it qualifies as being anything but "just" harassment. But baldness is in the area of great tangled mess that is informing of men's sexual ability and fertility in the eye-mind of our cultures. So when you attack a man's baldness you are automatically also calling their sexuality into question.

But again, sexual harassment usually requires something extra over harassment. You wouldn't sue somebody for sexual harassment for calling somebody barren or something like that.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159838 on: May 14, 2022, 12:44:05 pm »

My brother started going bald when he was 18. I still have awesome hair I don’t take care of.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159839 on: May 14, 2022, 01:11:14 pm »

Early balding is a sign of high testosterone, they say.  Might be worth looking into topical androgen blockers or something - I don't know the details, just that it's a common non-trans hormone therapy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10654 10655 [10656] 10657 10658 ... 11040