Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10634 10635 [10636] 10637 10638 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14557639 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159525 on: March 21, 2022, 04:47:32 am »

that was jraphical
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159526 on: March 21, 2022, 05:43:29 am »

goddammit legoland I don't live in fucking jondor
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #159527 on: March 21, 2022, 05:52:37 am »

Where was jondor when legoland fell
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #159528 on: March 21, 2022, 07:28:54 am »

Alright then, keep your secrets, Jandalf.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159529 on: March 21, 2022, 11:00:50 am »

Only two months after being fired as CEO football of Ajax (Amsterdam), because of sending unwanted sexual content to women in the club, and dickpics, he has been hired by FC Antwerp as their new technical CEO.
Apparently Belgian football doesn't really care about that kind of misbehaviour.

Some Belgian media call his appointment 'a bomb waiting to explode'.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #159530 on: March 22, 2022, 06:41:35 am »

Only two months after being fired as CEO football of Ajax (Amsterdam), because of sending unwanted sexual content to women in the club, and dickpics, he has been hired by FC Antwerp as their new technical CEO.
Apparently Belgian football doesn't really care about that kind of misbehaviour.

Some Belgian media call his appointment 'a bomb waiting to explode'.
Reminds me of how Jean Luc-Brunel was cancelled in Europe as a model-scout after it was revealed by a BBC undercover investigation that he was sexually abusing/trafficking women trying to start a modelling career. He then moved to USA and started another modelling agency with funding from Epstein despite it being an open fact he was a rapist and a human trafficker.

Also he got arrested and was found dead, hanged in his cell, after being arrested in connection to the Epstein case hmmmmmmm

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159531 on: March 22, 2022, 07:42:44 am »

Heh I just noted that I forgot to add the name of the CEO. I typed it originally, but redid the sentence grammar and didn't type it back in.
The guy in question is Marc Overmars, former football player turned coach turned CEO

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159532 on: March 23, 2022, 10:29:51 pm »

I've been playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles lately, as I wait for a certain Elden Ring patch (that is sure to hit any day now and I swear I'm not in denial.) and I have to say while I love the hammed up drama of the cases and the characters, the game is just piss easy. Easiest I've played thus far in the series. The game goes to awesome lengths to make sure the puzzle is always fairly easy to deduce AND the characters are basically rubbing the right answer in your face. Though, if that level of mental exertion was still too much for you, there's a "Story Mode" that simply disables the game portion of the game, and the story auto-plays itself, solving the puzzles on your behalf and forcing the story along at a steady pace. I can't say I enjoy the self-disembowelment of game design on display, but if you wanted to enjoy an extremely wordy and long movie about very easily solved crimes, hey, the option is there.

In other news, I've finally taken to browsing Twitter. I'm a few years late, but I've noticed that some exceptional artists have made Twitter their stomping grounds, and the works they pump out are real blessings to the eyes. What I can't figure though is  the incredible speed that some of these artists work. I don't know a goddamn thing about professional artistry, but a couple in particular seems to be churning out extremely high quality art several times a week, or what feels like nearly every day. I just can't imagine how someone's imagination can work so hard as to complete such great art so quickly, and in such quantity at that. I feel like I've learned something new, the profession really does fill me with awe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159533 on: March 23, 2022, 11:05:02 pm »

The imagination isn't really the hard part with that kind of output -- plenty of people can do that pretty trivially, from what I've seen of life. Imagination/concept production is plum easy for some folks, especially for single scene type stuff, and it often comes even easier with practice/making a habit of it. It's the execution of the rest of it that's the hard part, especially on whatever extremities they're using to perform it.

I can't say I enjoy the self-disembowelment of game design on display, but if you wanted to enjoy an extremely wordy and long movie about very easily solved crimes, hey, the option is there.
I legit love that the option for stuff like that is there, even if I'd probably never personally use it (mind, I'll also probably never play the Ace Attorney games begin with, so). If it's something folks enjoy for whatever reason and you've got the design budget to provide it... it's a good thing to have it available, especially on extremely wordy projects, heh.

I've definitely become wildly more supportive of extremely expansive options and accessibility aids for games as I've gotten older. As you're able, let folks approach your stuff in as many ways as you can, y'know? Having an option there doesn't detract from anything, it just adds to the amount of folks that can interact with whatever you're doing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159534 on: March 23, 2022, 11:33:26 pm »

On the one hand, I agree with you. Allowing your art to be appreciated by the infirm only enhances the art, and allows that art to enrich the world it exists in. On the other hand, the hand that has the irresistible urge to be an asshole, feels that waffling between what is two different mediums only guarantees that you inherit all the negatives of both mediums, and none of the positives from either. If it's not sure whether it should be a puzzle/mystery game, or a light novel, it tries to make the puzzles easy and winds up being unsatisfying; and make the light novel portion too focused on the needs of the gameplay and ruins the story. Trying to satisfy the conditions of both mediums in this way has only deprecated the artistic potential of both. As much as accessibility for the disabled seems like a noble concept, I don't think any disabled person will appreciate the effort, unless they also have really poor taste in their media of choice.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159535 on: March 24, 2022, 03:24:25 pm »

The company that the store I work in is part of redrew the regional maps, so that the store - which is on Long Island - is now part of the US Northwest region.

Geography.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159536 on: March 24, 2022, 03:29:17 pm »

What I can't figure though is  the incredible speed that some of these artists work. I don't know a goddamn thing about professional artistry, but a couple in particular seems to be churning out extremely high quality art several times a week, or what feels like nearly every day. I just can't imagine how someone's imagination can work so hard as to complete such great art so quickly, and in such quantity at that. I feel like I've learned something new, the profession really does fill me with awe.
Have you ever watched Bob Ross? Imagine his painting speed when he isn't busy explaining every stroke to the audience.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159537 on: March 24, 2022, 03:47:37 pm »

The company that the store I work in is part of redrew the regional maps, so that the store - which is on Long Island - is now part of the US Northwest region.

Geography.
THE HORROR.
So you're allowed to play your region's most popular game while working, right?
I of course refer to Liberal Crime Squad Dwarf Fortress.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #159538 on: March 24, 2022, 04:47:38 pm »

Liberal Dwarf Squad

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile