Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10622 10623 [10624] 10625 10626 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14562714 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159345 on: February 04, 2022, 08:34:42 pm »

I keep a pair of yellow-tinted sunshades in my car for night driving.  Cuts back on the glare when it gets really bad.  Like after a rain.

Oh god, am I old?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #159346 on: February 05, 2022, 04:57:03 am »

It's hard to even get Americans to wear helmets.
My skull my choice
Brain damage is just a myth invented by big neuroscience

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159347 on: February 05, 2022, 05:01:38 am »

I finally understand Trump's hairdress. It's a traffic safety measure.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159348 on: February 05, 2022, 08:23:30 am »

Please don't tease me with your Dutch Paradise, I live in America
There's that youtube channel 'Not Just Bikes' about bicycling and urban planning, where the 95% of the content is the guy gushing over how much better the Netherlands are than North America.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159349 on: February 05, 2022, 08:31:03 am »

There's that youtube channel 'Not Just Bikes' about bicycling and urban planning, where the 95% of the content is the guy gushing over how much better the Netherlands are than North America.
He’s a cyclist so he’s obviously wrong in everything else about his life.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159350 on: February 05, 2022, 08:37:32 am »

One day. One day soon, the cyclists of the world will rise. They will remove the engine and two wheels of your gorramn suvs, and install pedals in the floor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159351 on: February 05, 2022, 10:02:16 am »

I do watch Not Just Bikes, also Alan Fisher, City Beautiful, and a dabbling of other youtubers that hate on cars, car culture, suburban planning, zoning laws, and everything America gets wrong about city planning and infrastructure. It's honestly enough to make me want to re-orient my life around becoming a city planner.

So to revisit the story from last night, I don't blame that cyclist for scaring the shit out of me by cycling in the road at night, I blame the lack of foresight in my town's planning that made him do so if he didn't or couldn't drive a car. Well, I guess I blame him a little cause he could have atleast have worn more noticeable clothing, Jesus man, you're gonna meet Jesus at this rate.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159352 on: February 05, 2022, 11:04:18 am »

But if they wear visible clothing, how will they be able to complain about that crazy motorist who totally wasn't paying attention and nearly killed them the other night? Better to wear all black with no reflectors or lights on the bike while riding down the middle of the oncoming lane at 5 mph, as the Bike Gods intended.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #159353 on: February 07, 2022, 06:04:39 am »

But if they wear visible clothing, how will they be able to complain about that crazy motorist who totally wasn't paying attention and nearly killed them the other night? Better to wear all black with no reflectors or lights on the bike while riding down the middle of the oncoming lane at 5 mph, as the Bike Gods intended.
Morphsuit cycling is so hot right now. But all black still leaves an outline - camouflage cycling is the way to go

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159354 on: February 07, 2022, 02:51:55 pm »

My grandmother suffered a hemorrhagic stroke Sunday morning, and her husband apparently just... Didn't do anything about it. It wasn't until some 8 hours or so later that my aunt called an ambulance and got the woman some medical care. By the time they got her to the hospital, she was almost completely unresponsive.

I just... How does that even happen. Or more appropriately, not happen. I know he's been a little bit reduced as of late, but... I expected more of him.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159355 on: February 07, 2022, 02:58:42 pm »

FFS, I'm sorry to hear that Kagus. I hope it was just inattentiveness at the worst possible time, or something.

Are you ok?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159356 on: February 07, 2022, 02:59:40 pm »

Do they live in a big house? It's possible that she had the stroke while she was in her own room and no one bothered to check on her. Happened to my step-grandma last summer...

It's rough...
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159357 on: February 07, 2022, 03:00:58 pm »

That's sad.

You can't know the why unless you ask him, if possible.

It could be anything, like she asking him not to do anything if something like that happened, like a personal 'do not rescuscitate' between the two of them, he being more reduced than you thought (alzheimer?), him freezing up completely from shock and not knowing what to do.. You name it.

I hope she either recovers or if not, may pass peacefully.
Stay strong.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 03:04:20 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159358 on: February 07, 2022, 05:38:27 pm »

Are you ok?

Eh. I've been better, certainly. We weren't hugely close, but she was one of vanishingly few family members who acted from a position of genuine care and concern for those around her, even if her methods were... A bit counterproductive at times. And for that, I did care for her.

Prognosis currently is that her speech center has been damaged to the point where she's unlikely to talk again, even if her body does recover from this. If she makes it through the night I'll try and visit her tomorrow, although my aunts and uncle checked on her today and she was unconscious for the entire time they were there. She's been asleep most of the time since the operation to drain the excess fluid from the bleeds, so they haven't done much testing to see what state she's really in. So we'll see.

I don't think there was any malice involved, just... A terrible combination of ignorance and pig-headed stubbornness. For both of them. But I don't know any of the details.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159359 on: February 07, 2022, 07:08:34 pm »

Well, you have my sympathies. Can't be easy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 10622 10623 [10624] 10625 10626 ... 11040