Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10621 10622 [10623] 10624 10625 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14562815 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159330 on: January 31, 2022, 09:16:21 am »

... anyway, the cheeto thing didn't have a watery consistency -- the cheese and whatnot congealed or whatever just fine. Texture/consistency of the cheese was okay. The taste was just remarkably weak for something that looked and smelled like a cheese abomination. It didn't taste like a cheese abomination, it tasted like barely anything, which isn't something that should happen in regards to something that shade of orange. That shit should taste like cheese acid or something, but it doesn't.

Basically like you were eating the ghosts of cheetos past, right?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159331 on: January 31, 2022, 02:33:40 pm »

Sorta,' except stale cheetos have more flavor :P

Close enough to get the meaning across, though, sure.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159332 on: February 02, 2022, 11:50:45 am »

My ISP just said they are instituting monthly total data caps (about 1TB on my current plan) but that's the not WTF.  The WTF is they said "to see your current monthly usage to convince yourself you're not at risk of our egregious $10 per 50GB overage fee, go to this URL".  The page for the URL... doesn't exist.

Seriously, what are people paid for?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159333 on: February 02, 2022, 11:57:44 am »

QA, much like information security, is a liability and an expense (until something goes horribly wrong), not an asset, and was probably curtailed with the promises of do-it-all DevOps or testing automation. No testing means no defects, and no defects means a more valuable product, right?

I wonder if their staging environment is as super-turbo-turkey-hosed as ours is right now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159334 on: February 02, 2022, 12:42:57 pm »

It could have been a phishing scam that was already taken down?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159335 on: February 02, 2022, 12:52:46 pm »

Dunno; I never click links directly from emails either, I type them in manually to make sure or login to the site manually and look for the option / search for it.

I just want stuff to work; I hate accidental complexity.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159336 on: February 02, 2022, 02:09:37 pm »

I was recently (a week ago) saved from a chain mail in Messanger by retyping links manually.

There was a chain message going around, saying what amounted to "Is it you in this video 0z7 {DOT} eu {SLASH} {SOME CHARACTERS}". Of course, it was in czech, and I used compound brackets for descriptors.

I got this message from a friend, retyped it to chrome, and discovered that it redirected to twitch.tv.
I reported it to him, and he told me, that it was not him sending the message, but it sent itself to all his friends when he tapped the link.

I then changed all my passwords that that particular instance of chrome knew.

A few days later, I heard about it on the radio.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159337 on: February 02, 2022, 10:59:12 pm »

A lot of my youtube viewing is going to my Home page and throwing the dice at whatever youtube recommends to me. The algorithm actually routinely feeds me pretty good stuff that I like. Sometimes though it decides on a video that it really wants to show me, but I actually don't want to watch, and it'll keep recommending it to me over and over and over, for months, until I finally go to it and select "Not interested"... and even then it might try to sneak it into my sidebar of recommended videos. It's not a big deal, it's just a little wtf moment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159339 on: February 03, 2022, 08:12:59 pm »

That feeling when you suddenly realize why the terminology looked so familiar, and figure out the magic system what you're reading is using was largely lifted... from a minecraft mod.

Work is Owlnother World, fairly decent animal isekai thing (person unsurprisingly reincarnated into an owl, this time) with some litrpg elements... and a magic system substantially borrowed from Thaumcraft. It translates pretty well to writing, but still. I definitely think it was improved from me not immediately noticing, though -- it namedrops the Thaumonomicon fairly early, but if you don't recognize it things probably flow a bit better.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:14:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159340 on: February 04, 2022, 07:03:28 pm »

Playing EuroTruck Simulator 2 as an American in England.
They're all driving on the WRONG side of the road!
The road expressway on-off ramps are DIFFERENT!
And they give me speeding tickets WITHOUT PULLING ME OVER!

Also, looking through the player pictures, I found Dr. House, and Trucker Dr. House.  I obviously went with Trucker Mr. House.  Also started in Cambridge, United Kingdom rather than fun places like Czech Republic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159341 on: February 04, 2022, 08:08:03 pm »

Driving around at night in my neighborhood is enough to give me a heart attack and shit myself. Like, please, whoever you are, DON'T ride your black bicycle, in dark clothing, with absolutely nothing reflective or light-emitting on your person, in the the middle of pitch black nighttime, ON A BUSY STREET, IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER! Like, Jesus dude, I can't see your ass until I'm almost in spitting distance of you. There's asking people to be careful, then there's asking to get fucking killed.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159342 on: February 04, 2022, 08:14:38 pm »

You don't have street lanterns on that busy street in your neighborhood?

Over here, bicyclists are obliged by law to have front light (white) and back light (red) when it's dark.
A lot of people do not comply though, police is too busy with other things usually to fine bicyclists, except in fines-quotum january.
But it's impossible not to see bicyclists that have no lights. Even our smallest countryside roads are well lit with lanterns.
All bicycles also have reflectors on the rear side, so even if someone has no working light, they will still reflect car headlights.
Sometimes I long for pitch black night time. That's hard to find over here haha.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:17:05 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159343 on: February 04, 2022, 08:25:29 pm »

Please don't tease me with your Dutch Paradise, I live in America, which is almost everywhere built by the lowest bidder. We have street lights, they light up the small portion of street directly beneath them. More pressing though is that because it's a busy street, there's obnoxiously bright lights everywhere, and just being able to see where you're going relies on being able to parse where the road is in relation to all these bright-ass lights everywhere. So you'd have the street lights, several incoming cars with blinding headbeams, an assortment of intersection lights, whatever blinking signage on the businesses on the side of the road, and HOLY SHIT a black silhouette of a guy on a bicycle just gliding across the street like it's his road and everyone else is the asshole.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #159344 on: February 04, 2022, 08:25:46 pm »

It's hard to even get Americans to wear helmets.
Pages: 1 ... 10621 10622 [10623] 10624 10625 ... 11040