Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10599 10600 [10601] 10602 10603 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14571378 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159000 on: December 16, 2021, 03:18:12 pm »

Did they celebrate when Gangnam style got over one billion views?

But 1 trillion views is equal to 1,000 Gangnam Style videos, or approximately 1 Kilopsy

Just in: Youtube harvesting psychic energy from children (and not-children) using Minecraft videos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159001 on: December 16, 2021, 03:30:56 pm »

Just in: Youtube harvesting psychic energy from children (and not-children) using Minecraft videos.

Aw crap, the terrible Dark Tower movie was actually a documentary!?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #159002 on: December 16, 2021, 03:43:07 pm »

Aw crap, the terrible Dark Tower movie was actually a documentary!?

something something Horn of Eld,
Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159003 on: December 16, 2021, 04:38:27 pm »

Re: Eschar's spoiler

Spoiler: another actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159004 on: December 17, 2021, 02:16:46 pm »

Russia demands that NATO no longer stations troops in Middle- and Eastern Europe.
To be precise, they want no more NATO troops in any country that had no NATO prescence before 1997.
The countries this goes for are: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Albania, Kroatia, Montenegro and North-Macedonia. All these countries became NATO members after 1997.
Furthermore, Rusland demands guarantees from NATO that former Soviet republics like Ukraine will never become part of NATO.

Russia tried to propose this to the United States, but they refused to negotiate without their European allies present.

The Russian demands are unacceptable to the USA and their allies. In their opinion, every sovereign nation has the right to determine for itself if it wants to allow friendly troops in it's territory, and Russia has no right to demand otherwise.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/rusland-wil-zo-snel-mogelijk-met-vs-onderhandelen-over-terugtrekken-navo-uit-midden-en-oost-europa~b97aecb3/

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-unveils-security-guarantees-says-western-response-not-encouraging-2021-12-17/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/17/world/europe/russia-nato-security-deal.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:23:01 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159005 on: December 17, 2021, 02:25:28 pm »

Imagine if they agreed with those demands......
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #159006 on: December 17, 2021, 02:32:56 pm »

So thas it huh? What? We some kinda Soviet Union?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #159007 on: December 17, 2021, 03:28:45 pm »

Russia's been increasingly blatant that they want all of the former Soviet territories back, and they've been leaning heavily on Germany and other European states via energy supplies in an attempt to break NATO. One of the biggest reasons they've been keeping a low-grade border war going with Ukraine is that NATO rules prohibit any country in an active conflict from joining.

This is a greater problem than it would be because their poor COVID management and issues with vaccine hesitancy (entirely their fault, as a lot of the anti-vax stuff is straight from Russian propaganda mills) have greatly eroded the stability, making a Short Victorious War increasingly attractive as an option.

In conventional terms, Russia's logistics are shit and they'll have to rely heavily on pre-massed supply depots (an excellent target for large numbers of stealth aircraft like the F-35s that the US has been trying to sell to everybody lately) for any real operations, but the trick is keeping any conflict conventional.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #159008 on: December 17, 2021, 04:08:08 pm »

This is just a pretext for the invasion of Ukraine. Make completely unreasonable demands they know NATO won't agree to, then use that as the justification for a "defensive invasion" of Ukraine and be like "Blyat, we tried but no one would negotiate."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159009 on: December 17, 2021, 04:12:06 pm »

...and the US President is senile.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159010 on: December 17, 2021, 05:44:29 pm »

Also, Germany just got a new, less Russia-tolerant government. Merkel always tried to keep the peace with Russia.

These demands are a high level troll (so high it comes straight and uncloaked from the Kremlin), most likely in response to last week's combined EU/US firm warning, promising severe sanctions (and an end to Nord Stream 2, see above: new German government) if Russia were to invade Ukraine.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159011 on: December 17, 2021, 06:10:38 pm »

I just noticed that I'm unable to edit my profile (for the smallest or largest amount of detail), as it always ends up in some session timeout despite anything.
Now I can't edit these? ._.; Totally unsure what to dooooooo

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159012 on: December 17, 2021, 06:16:48 pm »

It's an issue with imgur urls, the page will now time out if you're using imgur for your avatar. Try uploading it somewhere else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159013 on: December 17, 2021, 06:22:13 pm »

Damn, that's a shame. I wanted to give myself a personal text, but at the same time I assume Bay12 somehow has the image cached if Imgur is still honoring old avatars, but not new ones. Or maybe not, maybe it's as simple as removing the profile image, changing the details you want and then reinstating the avatar.

I don't want to test that though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159014 on: December 17, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »

Just right-click save your image out and reupload it to img.bb or something, easy fix.
Pages: 1 ... 10599 10600 [10601] 10602 10603 ... 11040