Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10589 10590 [10591] 10592 10593 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14565409 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158850 on: November 27, 2021, 08:34:19 pm »

Can tell starting to get more comfortable with stir fry*: Now getting intrusive thoughts about seeing if people will still eat it if I cook in a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter.

*That's what it's called when you toss a bunch of stuff into a pan with some oil and cook it while stirring until you're done caring to stir, right?

... right?

---

though yeah, I'm fairly short. Haven't worn well fitting pants in... ever. Pretty sure ever. Too poor for proper tailoring, everything else doesn't really fit. Belt deals with most of it, but... yeah. Yeah.

e: bunch of stuff today was (1 whole) onion, handful of radishes, tomato, pile of mushrooms, one orange and half an apple, cooked with canola and olive oil and a bit of butter. People are eating it, so... mission accomplished.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:41:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158851 on: November 28, 2021, 12:51:33 am »

There are actual peanut-based stir-fry sauces you know? Before I started marinating my steaks, it was my go to steak sauce. If you really are morbidly curious, you could look up some peanut sauce recipes and see if you can stir up some yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158852 on: November 28, 2021, 01:01:57 am »

explorer.exe says "system call failed"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ah, its good to have a broke-ass computer that will let you run firefox but not open folders
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158853 on: November 28, 2021, 03:31:17 am »

You could install a "commander" program if this keeps happening. (Though you would have to run the installation file straight from the browser's download tray, I suppose.)
From the free ones I know, EF Commander is best at copying stuff, Master Commander is best at reading files.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158854 on: November 28, 2021, 08:36:49 am »

The moral of Metal Unit's backstory: Murder all cute things that appear after an apocalypse, before they evolve into rampaging murderbeasts.

... also, probably kill off any suspiciously named aliens. That they called themselves wumpyr is what they call in professional circles, "a clue" :P
Ask not!
Ask!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158855 on: November 29, 2021, 02:56:45 am »

Vivaldi has trouble with downloads (occasionally never finishing them and frequently stopping during large downloads), so I decided to switch browsers on my laptop. I used to be a die-hard Opera user and was pleasantly surprised by their interface nowadays.

However, when I popped open my computer today, it seems to have figured out that I'm in China, which means it switched its default browsers to...the Chinese search engines (which are all fucking terrible, and don't get me started on searching in English). I browsed about 20 threads/support requests of people complaining about similar issues and the inability to set your own default browser outside of the provided list (which is normally google, bing, duckduckgo, and yahoo - but for China is ONLY the Chinese search engines like baidu and soguo)

I edited the json where Opera stores all that information so when it was "in China", it would still only recommend duckduckgo, etc. Apparently it REALLY didn't like that and requested a full uninstall and reinstall.

It got half that. Back to firefox, I go, I guess...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 02:58:52 am by delphonso »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158856 on: November 29, 2021, 06:37:09 am »

Censorship is scary. China is scary country.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158857 on: November 29, 2021, 07:15:01 am »

Censorship is scary. China is scary country.
-25 social credit

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158858 on: November 29, 2021, 07:42:04 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:41:51 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158859 on: November 29, 2021, 07:48:35 am »

Yeah, I liked desktop opera a lot... until they "updated" to just being another chromium based mess. The moble browser is pretty decent, but the desktop one is just... it's chrome, now.

If you're going to be dealing with chrome's nonsense either way, you might as well be using chrome instead of a skin with delusions of grandeur, y'know?
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #158860 on: November 29, 2021, 03:56:55 pm »

I discovered today that there is a Starburst all pink drink mix.

Why would you choose the worst flavour in the bag to do that with?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:59:16 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158861 on: November 29, 2021, 05:19:54 pm »

If you's gon' make an abomination of nature, you might as well go all in, I figure. Worst flavor to go with bottom tier candy, it's a solid match :P
Ask not!
Ask!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158862 on: November 29, 2021, 08:39:16 pm »

....  I like pink starburst.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #158863 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:50 pm »

I always knew there was something off about you.

I bet you don’t even like the red ones.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158864 on: November 30, 2021, 03:41:36 am »

What if I'm one of the people that eats several different kinds of starburst at the same time?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10589 10590 [10591] 10592 10593 ... 11040