Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10497 10498 [10499] 10500 10501 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551047 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157470 on: June 08, 2021, 11:46:55 am »

People totally go to breweries alone- they have beer! And tours where you get beer! Sometimes there's food to eat while you get beer! Plus, it smells like beer! Big machines, huge vats, industry in motion! Everyone else is there to drink beer, too! This immediately makes them friends, and now you're drinking beer with friends!

Everyone was a pair or more there, other than me.  Same as it ever is anywhere really.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157471 on: June 08, 2021, 11:26:49 pm »

Went for a stroll tonight, had the unshakeable feeling like my existence decoupled with reality for a bit there, or like I'm just outside the sphere of culture or activities that arise so late in the night.  It's not unsurprising, though, given how little I've gone out with the pandemic- that feeling is only multiplied by the destitution of a college town in its summer doldrums. Could just be I haven't left the apartment in three days. Even the town's rowdiest, bawdiest watering hole held no more than a half-dozen patrons all hunched over the bar. Would I like to be one of them? I'm not particularly sure.

That 'out of reach' sort of feeling takes me back to traveling internationally, where and with there's a world happening all around me and it's positively indecipherable and wholly inaccessibly to me, or the world's asleep as I walk to find my bearings. I reckon I lost those bearings somewhere in the Pacific.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157472 on: June 09, 2021, 10:00:02 pm »

You know, every time I get onto this one shopping app, the front page always has a listing with someone wearing a bra, presumably advertising the bra. And then, when I scroll down, it keeps showing me beauty stuff and women's clothes. Now it's died down, but when I first installed it, holy shit, it was all women's stuff.

I'm pretty sure they've pegged me as female, even though I've never actually said what gender I am to them. Ah, the wonders of an uninitialized gender. That, or it thinks I'm married, and it wants me to buy said things for myself or my hypothetical wife. I'm not sure if I should be flattered, or be utterly confused at this thing's recommendations.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157473 on: June 10, 2021, 04:25:05 am »

It's likely their target denomination and/or their expected user of their shopping app is women.
Love, scriver~

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #157474 on: June 10, 2021, 04:38:58 am »

Birds having the gall to start tweeting half an hour past midnight. Sure, the sun does begin to rise here at 01:30 or something, but could they at least wait until then? No dignity at all, I swear, especially since the lack of darkness makes it hard to sleep to begin with.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157475 on: June 10, 2021, 04:42:18 am »

It's likely their target denomination and/or their expected user of their shopping app is women.
I mean, it's a general-purpose shopping app, something in the vein of Amazon. I didn't go onto one of those fashion-related shopping apps where I'd fully expect to be bombarded with that regardless of what gender I said I was, you know? I find it a bit odd that it's inferring femininity based on a literal lack of information. I suspect it's because the people who don't state their gender at all on that app tend to buy feminine stuff, hence the inference.

Despite that, I think the app's idea of context is a bit off. It does this thing where it suggests "Since you bought X, why not buy Y?", and Y is related to my search history, but not at all related to X itself. It's a bit surreal being advertised mini PCs based off me buying vitamin supplements.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157476 on: June 10, 2021, 07:29:52 am »

Birds having the gall to start tweeting half an hour past midnight. Sure, the sun does begin to rise here at 01:30 or something, but could they at least wait until then? No dignity at all, I swear, especially since the lack of darkness makes it hard to sleep to begin with.
Twee twee tweet.

Gun range hearing protection and a blindfold. I've had that problem, too, if slightly later in the day. The trick is to tell sound and light to sod off, yup.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #157477 on: June 10, 2021, 10:55:52 am »

AI Dungeon, in addition to its oversenstive anti-pedo filter, recently banned violence above PG-13.
Let me commit virtual war crimes, Latitude. How stuck up can you be? It's just fucking text. Why do you care? Especially in an unpublished scenario. Oh no I made the AI write a murder scene! I killed some numbers in a neural network! How horrible!
It makes as much sense as banning people from writing violent books. My fucking God.
Now I'm waiting for NovelAI to come out for a writing AI that actually respects privacy instead of caring what people write in unpublished stories.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157478 on: June 10, 2021, 11:19:52 am »

How stuck up can you be? It's just fucking text. Why do you care?
I've been following this shitshow since the filter came down and the community is pretty much dead/still revolting.
At this point, I can think of two reasons:
1) OpenAI is putting the squeeze on Latitude. Possible, but the way Latitude is going about things is just bad business sense.
2) They're following some self-righteous moral imperative. Research into co-founder Alan Walton's background reveals that he has much experience working with a video content filtering business and is very on the 'PG family freindly' spectrum of things. Latitude is run by Mormons out of Utah, after all.

The real issues come from how they 100% failed to address how private stories were leaked out of their poorly secured databases and how they're forwarding moderation duties to mechanical turk websites for 7 cents a pop.

Real rollercoaster of a story, this AIDungeon and challengers.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157479 on: June 10, 2021, 11:27:50 am »

I think it's a bit of both. In any case I will subscribe to NovelAI as soon as it hits. Preventing people from virtual murder and gore is too much. The subreddit was rioting for weeks for a reason.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157480 on: June 10, 2021, 11:49:14 am »

Err, would you guys be willing to give a brief explanation of what AI dungeon is for someone who’s out of the loop.

Based on the name, I assume it has something to do with dungeons. I’m surprised that they banned violence though, isn’t that an intrinsic part of dungeon crawling? What did they expect to happen?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157481 on: June 10, 2021, 11:53:26 am »

Err, would you guys be willing to give a brief explanation of what AI dungeon is for someone who’s out of the loop.

Based on the name, I assume it has something to do with dungeons. I’m surprised that they banned violence though, isn’t that an intrinsic part of dungeon crawling? What did they expect to happen?

It was a kind of freeform text adventure thing.  You inputted what your character did and the ai would weave out a story to fit your actions.

The story could be anything and usually barely made sense.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157482 on: June 10, 2021, 12:13:39 pm »

Yeah it used a neural network to make a procedurally-generated text adventure. Pretty smart with Dragon model but quality went down after the filter. There is an alternative in development, NovelAI, which I will use because I don't want some neckbeard Latitude employee read my smut stories because something wrongfully tripped the filter.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:17:37 pm by MaxTheFox »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157483 on: June 10, 2021, 12:42:19 pm »

I'm not sure how familiar you are with OpenAI and their GPT models. There were some threads a couple years back that discussed the outputs of such websites like TalkToTransformer.

Anyhow, AIDungeon created what they describe as "infinite Zork', a text generated adventure that weaves a story off your inputs using neural network deep learning engines. As time passed and as AI models evovled, AIDUngeon went from free-to-play, to having an energy bar, to having a monthy subscription with energy bar.  Due to first mover advantage, AIDungeon has access to OpenAI's most advanced GPT-3 model 'DaVinchi' which was fined tuned into becoming AIDungeon's 'dragon' engine.

Remember, when mankind gets its hands on a new and exciting creative technology, what's the first thing they use it for? Well, to satisfy their dark and taboo fantasies. So AIDungeon was pretty much used as a personal infinite smut generator. In April, Latitude, the company behind AiDungeon began implementing content filters to police people's private stories and things spiraled out of control from there.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157484 on: June 11, 2021, 06:04:49 am »

Yet another water-related glitch in BoTW (Wii U, emulated with Cemu). This time, the water appeared out of nowhere while gliding, but it seemed to be horizontal and I could swim in it.

Here's where it happened. I was gliding southish.

It doesn't happen often enough that it's game-breaking or anything; it's just kinda funny.
Pages: 1 ... 10497 10498 [10499] 10500 10501 ... 11038