Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10491 10492 [10493] 10494 10495 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553576 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157380 on: May 31, 2021, 06:20:25 am »

Also has anyone noticed the forum not loading as fast as it usually does, because it hasn't been for me in a few days.

If no one else is experiencing this it just means my internet is crap.

Sometimes, it takes a few seconds. Other times, it is nearly instant.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157381 on: May 31, 2021, 06:32:04 am »

Could be the server load from having ~1000 users at the same time. The funny thing about that is, once I mentioned it, the active user count just dropped down to more reasonable levels, much more in line with what I'd see at this time of day. Hmm...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157382 on: May 31, 2021, 03:18:29 pm »

My parents sent me my new meds plus other stuff, and within the 'other stuff', there's this box of "dried dates". Now, I don't exactly know how dates are processed, but since when were dates moist enough to warrant drying? These dates even aren't rock-hard dry like such a descriptor would imply. They're just as moist as all the other dates I've eaten.

Look at how they come off the tree! Check 'em out!

You can buy fresh almonds, fresh dates in the Middle East :)

Forum doesn't seem as lively as it usually is, was it down today or something?

I've personally been posting less because of depression + finals, additionally I'm not in any games right now and I got sick of Ameripol. Sadly those things are usually the drivers for me posting in all the other threads :P Dunno about others.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157383 on: May 31, 2021, 03:30:24 pm »

Busy with gardening.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #157384 on: May 31, 2021, 06:17:59 pm »

I somehow 'twisted' my ankle... in the bath.

All I did was move my leg! Ugh, ow.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157385 on: May 31, 2021, 08:55:41 pm »

I've heard of people messing up their backs just by sleeping once you get past your early twenties, or arms if you sleep on them, or you get a charlie horse if your leg cramps up while you're sleeping...

Bathing is beginning to sound a lot safer than sleeping is, now that I look at it...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157386 on: May 31, 2021, 09:09:59 pm »

It's not, considering how many injuries and fatalities happen in the bathroom. Up there with the kitchen in dangerous rooms in a house, iirc. Sleep hygiene can cause problems, but considering just about every problem you'd have in a bedroom is made that much more dangerous by slick, uncushioned surfaces, well...

Any case, think I just watched the lowest effort western shooting I've seen to date. There was just... nothing. No faked blood, no puffs of dust, zero effort to obfuscate anything, just a gunshot sound, then the one "shot" looking at the camera funny and rolling over, without even their cloths extra ruffled or somethin'. The B-movie power was strong for a moment, there. Didn't catch the title, but whatever it was ended in a town during a dust storm.

Apparently they used up the special effects budget on the weather and didn't have any to spare for the gunplay...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157387 on: June 01, 2021, 01:37:10 am »

What's the point of a western if they don't have decent looking shootouts?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157388 on: June 01, 2021, 10:18:06 am »

Every time I change directories in Command Prompt, I keep typing "ls" out of reflex instead of "dir" to list my current directory. Now, I'm not yet a Linux user. Why am I so inclined to type "ls" even though I know full well I'm in Windows? I know I have WSL, and do stuff in Termux on my phone, but why have I picked up on a Unix-ism so quickly, entirely replacing the Windows one in muscle memory?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157389 on: June 01, 2021, 08:58:46 pm »

Acorn squash is entirely too enthralling when rolled around. It's apparently like roly poly catnip for frumples...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157390 on: June 02, 2021, 02:40:17 am »

Okay, I've taken the meds again during the day, and I feel less sharp mentally but not sedated, the opposite, in fact. I feel somewhat numb. This is a weird sensation. Am I drunk? Am I not? Should I shut down for the next few hours to protect myself?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157391 on: June 02, 2021, 03:05:20 am »

The worst western I ever saw - indeed, probably the worst film in general - was The Law of Violence. I don't remember how bad the  shootouts themselves were, but for all I know that's the movie Frumple is talking about, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157392 on: June 02, 2021, 05:38:59 am »

Okay, I've taken the meds again during the day, and I feel less sharp mentally but not sedated, the opposite, in fact. I feel somewhat numb. This is a weird sensation. Am I drunk? Am I not? Should I shut down for the next few hours to protect myself?
As far as I'm aware that's the default state of consciousness of most people. I assume that's how they avoid getting anxiety attacks over the state of the world.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157393 on: June 02, 2021, 06:22:38 am »

As far as I'm aware that's the default state of consciousness of most people. I assume that's how they avoid getting anxiety attacks over the state of the world.
That would explain the anxiety diagnosis.

At T+2 hours, I'm more-or-less normal, but still number than usual. Between this and becoming a 1C dilution of Alex Jones, I think I'd rather take this.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157394 on: June 02, 2021, 07:46:17 am »

You may have noticed that the Most Users Today count is 3038. I have the data for this spike on both sides.

https://pastebin.com/Ykm8GP8R (changed the CSV slightly to clarify the timezone being used)

And the chart looks like this (inverted to avoid spoilering):

Any guesses for what happened here? I'm not sure why our adversary here decided to slowly increase the server load to the point that it crashes, then stop increasing the traffic when it does. Strange. Not a single person registered throughout this whole thing, mind you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:50:57 am by methylatedspirit »
Pages: 1 ... 10491 10492 [10493] 10494 10495 ... 11039