Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10490 10491 [10492] 10493 10494 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553742 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157365 on: May 30, 2021, 03:05:32 am »

Thats not Galen thats Paracelsus

I never doubt ChairmanPoo's knowledge of ancient Greeks.  Unless he's shitposting.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157366 on: May 30, 2021, 04:30:09 am »

... he wasn't greek either 🤷‍♂️🤔🤣
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157367 on: May 30, 2021, 04:37:18 am »

Am I to assume that the quote itself is also bullshit, too? I've heard it shortened to "the dose makes the poison".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157368 on: May 30, 2021, 04:58:20 am »

IIRC the full quote is something like "everything is poison and there is nothing that isn't poison. The dose makes the poison"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157369 on: May 30, 2021, 07:52:17 am »

I bought a few bars of soap, and it's only now that I learned that it's supposed to be used as solid laundry detergent while looking for the latter online. The packaging is ambiguous, it looks like a bar of soap, I found it near a bunch of normal soap bars, yet it's laundry detergent.

This is after I've used the stuff as body wash for probably 2 weeks now. Even after knowing that, my lazy ass still wants to use it as all-purpose soap for literally every occasion regardless of its suitability in those roles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157370 on: May 30, 2021, 10:33:56 am »

I bought a few bars of soap, and it's only now that I learned that it's supposed to be used as solid laundry detergent while looking for the latter online. The packaging is ambiguous, it looks like a bar of soap, I found it near a bunch of normal soap bars, yet it's laundry detergent.

This is after I've used the stuff as body wash for probably 2 weeks now. Even after knowing that, my lazy ass still wants to use it as all-purpose soap for literally every occasion regardless of its suitability in those roles.

It should be fine for now?  I used diluted laundry detergent for hand soap for longer than that.  Still keep it around to clean my mask.  Occasionally still use it as hand soap until I can be bothered to fill the hand soap dispenser.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157371 on: May 30, 2021, 10:48:06 am »

Eh, the primary difference between laundry detergent and handsoap is that laundry detergent is specifically designed to be used on inanimate objects. I doubt these corporations wouldn't use this as an opportunity to use stronger, but more toxic cleaning chemicals.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157372 on: May 30, 2021, 11:04:12 am »

Eh, the primary difference between laundry detergent and handsoap is that laundry detergent is specifically designed to be used on inanimate objects. I doubt these corporations wouldn't use this as an opportunity to use stronger, but more toxic cleaning chemicals.

Inanimate objects generally used by animate objects erryday, so probably not any more toxic than regular soap.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #157373 on: May 30, 2021, 11:22:10 am »

It's usually far stronger. Much harsher on your skin, it'll dry it out/chap it much faster.

I assume I'm sick. I don't have any of the usual symptoms I expect, no respiratory problems or anything, but I'm exhausted all the time and have a hell of a headache. Had to call in sick to work on Friday, which I never do, because I couldn't think straight and after fumbling a glass bottle earlier I was worried I'd hurt myself if I did anything other than collapse in bed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157374 on: May 30, 2021, 09:01:53 pm »

friggin westerns

"Draw!" *murder happens*

*side characters walk in*

"Well, as far as I'm concerned that takes care of tomorrow's election."

*roll credits*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157375 on: May 31, 2021, 02:26:14 am »

My parents sent me my new meds plus other stuff, and within the 'other stuff', there's this box of "dried dates". Now, I don't exactly know how dates are processed, but since when were dates moist enough to warrant drying? These dates even aren't rock-hard dry like such a descriptor would imply. They're just as moist as all the other dates I've eaten.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157376 on: May 31, 2021, 02:32:50 am »

Forum doesn't seem as lively as it usually is, was it down today or something?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157377 on: May 31, 2021, 03:01:19 am »

If it was, it was down during when I'm not awake. I'm looking through the usual suspects for activity (FG&RP, CG&S), and it's definitely suspiciously low-activity. I think I can identify an hour-long gap between posts during my downtime, which is unusual given that's when the US and Europe forumites post most. It's even reflected in the forum stats; average posts in a day of 5 days previous is 297, but on 30th of May (relative to forum time; GMT-4) it's only 215. No stupid-high max. user count, but it has been floating at ~1000 ever since we hit ~4000 out of the blue, but it had a lag time of a day.

Something's going on, but I'm not sure what.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 03:10:35 am by methylatedspirit »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157378 on: May 31, 2021, 05:16:38 am »

Something's going on, but I'm not sure what.
Should we be concerned?

Also has anyone noticed the forum not loading as fast as it usually does, because it hasn't been for me in a few days.

If no one else is experiencing this it just means my internet is crap.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157379 on: May 31, 2021, 06:05:20 am »

I've noticed it's been pretty slow too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 10490 10491 [10492] 10493 10494 ... 11039