Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10488 10489 [10490] 10491 10492 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554221 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157335 on: May 27, 2021, 10:06:49 pm »

When somebody invariably stumbles upon the article of a person that married their computer, be sure to link to it!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157336 on: May 27, 2021, 10:12:23 pm »

I come here again to share another story.

Today at college, one guy, I know (we know him for being somewhat of a crackpot) decided to bring the "perpetual motion machine" (it looked like, a bunch of random electronic parts and, an Arduino board with a battery) that he built at home to cafeteria to demonstrate it. Of course, it didn't work, and instead it appears to have short circuited and smoke came out. And then he seemed to became embarassed by all this and instead of admitting that he did something dumb, he said that the government broke into his house and sabotaged it. When I actually tried to prove that his design (that he shared) wouldn't work, halfway through he called me a fucker and left the cafeteria.

Why are some people like that.
Some people are just dumb.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157337 on: May 27, 2021, 11:12:46 pm »

I come here again to share another story.

Today at college, one guy, I know (we know him for being somewhat of a crackpot) decided to bring the "perpetual motion machine" (it looked like, a bunch of random electronic parts and, an Arduino board with a battery) that he built at home to cafeteria to demonstrate it. Of course, it didn't work, and instead it appears to have short circuited and smoke came out. And then he seemed to became embarassed by all this and instead of admitting that he did something dumb, he said that the government broke into his house and sabotaged it. When I actually tried to prove that his design (that he shared) wouldn't work, halfway through he called me a fucker and left the cafeteria.

Why are some people like that.
Some people are just dumbBatshit Crazy

Fixed that for you!

A dumb person ironically knows enough not to make such a claim, nor hides their error behind complex conspiracy theories and insults.  Dumb people are usually striving for average or slightly above average levels of intelligence.

Complex conspiracy theories require a tiny bit of intelligence to string together.  Maybe not 100 IQ points, but probably something in the high 80s?
As does the idea of perpetual motion.

Only a crazy person would strive for an idea that science regards as impossible, actually build something, try to pass it off as working, start blaming it on The Goverment (as opposed to many other more believable excuses), then insult the guy trying to explain the complicated and storm off.
Somebody is taking not enough of the proper drugs and way too many of the wrong type of drugs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157338 on: May 27, 2021, 11:19:09 pm »

When somebody invariably stumbles upon the article of a person that married their computer, be sure to link to it!

I suppose this one's a matter of blurring the semantics a bit, but some Japanese guy married a character in a dating sim. You could say he married a DS, and those are computers, albeit special-purpose ones.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157339 on: May 27, 2021, 11:22:58 pm »

So, in order to get my teeth taken care of, I need to get referral of some kind from my insurance provider, which I have no idea whatsoever how to do. Apparently, even with a referral, it would cost $75(and $300 without) just to have my teeth looked at, to say nothing of actually getting them fixed. Which is crap, since I'm pretty sure my insurance is supposed to handle the entire cost. And my mom expects me to make an appointment for 1PM tomorrow, which means giving my job pretty much no warning whatsoever that I'd be missing half a day, which certainly won't fly.

Alright, so life sucks.  Now that we've established this fact, we can discuss how to perhaps solve this issue.  If you'd be willing to share your country, that would help with this particular issue.

My general advice, which is going to suck, but you can't get the tractor out of the mud without getting into the mud and pushing!
Call the Insurance Company.  They sorta have to tell you the procedure to get the referral.  Have a pen-and-paper ready, there may be other steps!  Also have your insurance card, photo IDmaybe, and you should know your Social Security or your country's equivalent.
Dont wait!  Your tooth problem isn't going to get any better, so the sooner you get on this the better.
There may be a dental school that might be able to help.  Or maybe you'd qualify for some free government insurance that covers dental.  Most private plans don't pay squat for dental.Again, your country may vary.  I think some areas require all medical insurance carriers to cover dental.

Good luck!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157340 on: May 27, 2021, 11:31:25 pm »

I suppose this one's a matter of blurring the semantics a bit, but some Japanese guy married a character in a dating sim. You could say he married a DS, and those are computers, albeit special-purpose ones.

Hm, that could be marrying a precursor to an AI, but I think we were talking about marriage to the actual desktop/laptop.
I also really want to break into that guy's house, steal his Nintendo DS and his copy of the game "Love Plus", and play it myself.  I'll show Nene what a REAL man can do.  Then I'll chuck it into my closet, and get happy thoughts every time I stumble upon it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157341 on: May 27, 2021, 11:37:40 pm »

You've got any familiarity with that dating sim and that Nene character? As far as you know, she could be some psychotic yandere and you may have just endorsed an abusive relationship. :P

EDIT:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:36:02 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157342 on: May 28, 2021, 12:31:26 am »

I don't know, I just heard about that from a Cracked article years ago. I don't even know what article it was, though if you push me for details, it probably was along the lines of "Wackiest Things People Have Married!", and I think the #1 spot on it was someone marrying themselves.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157343 on: May 28, 2021, 01:21:06 am »

You've got any familiarity with that dating sim and that Nene character? As far as you know, she could be some psychotic yandere and you may have just endorsed an abusive relationship. :P

EDIT:

I don't know, I just heard about that from a Cracked article years ago. I don't even know what article it was, though if you push me for details, it probably was along the lines of "Wackiest Things People Have Married!", and I think the #1 spot on it was someone marrying themselves.

Now marrying myself, that was the abusive relationship I was considering lately...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157344 on: May 28, 2021, 01:23:08 am »

I cannot condone the Dennis Rodman marriage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157345 on: May 28, 2021, 01:28:15 am »

He got to marry Carmen Electra afterwards.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that plan.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157346 on: May 28, 2021, 02:31:30 am »

He got to marry Carmen Electra afterwards.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that plan.

LOL!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157347 on: May 28, 2021, 12:27:29 pm »

LOL!

Honestly I just feel like he knows something we don't on how this all works.

We should all attempt to emulate Dennis Rodman is love, and life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157348 on: May 28, 2021, 07:51:21 pm »

LOL!

Honestly I just feel like he knows something we don't on how this all works.

We should all attempt to emulate Dennis Rodman is love, and life.

I follow the Men in Black theory that Dennis Rodman is in fact a being from Space.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157349 on: May 28, 2021, 08:41:02 pm »

Also: If meth, the only one of us that actually attended this event, thinks something was funky, then they're probably right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you doing the same thing as the teacher? Snapping the rest of meth's class out of the data set?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 10488 10489 [10490] 10491 10492 ... 11039