Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10482 10483 [10484] 10485 10486 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553699 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157245 on: May 21, 2021, 03:44:32 pm »

Today I'm gonna take one of those yakisoba noodle boxes from Maruchan, heat it in chicken broth with some hoisin mixed in, and put some actual steak slices up in there.

Will report back in the food thread.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157246 on: May 21, 2021, 04:20:59 pm »

the F.A.T.A.L rulebook is an "interesting" read
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157247 on: May 21, 2021, 04:21:22 pm »

inb4 mercury infused instant noodles

EDIT: Also, any further responses to this?

I'm no life coach but it really doesn't sound like you owe the person you're "just talking" with anything at all. If you're still in the indistinguishable-from-friendship stage, you're unlikely to really do something wrong.

It does sound like the thing you're hoping to be told to do is go for it with the person you're more interested in, which in this case means you probably should do that. Just be prepared for disappointment and try not to feel let down if it goes nowhere. Plenty of people flirt while having no intention of going further, it's an activity in itself.

I don't know anything about your life, so take the above with a massive pinch of salt. I'd advise you not to stop talking to either of them whatever happens, though.

You know, I thought there was a big period without communication but actually it's been pretty consistent, every few days or so, though it isn't always a long conversation. She does contact me at around that frequency. Also I was thinking maybe I'd start to feel it at some point? Is that something I should explore?

It does sound like the thing you're hoping to be told to do is go for it with the person you're more interested in, which in this case means you probably should do that.

I'm not actually.  :) Actually wondering. If you missed the soap opera before, this girl who I had a crush on, turned me down previously some time ago, and told me that she used to have a crush on me,. Hence the complicated situation. And complicated emotions.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:23:04 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157248 on: May 21, 2021, 04:30:45 pm »

EDIT: Also, any further responses to this?
Sure: "Honey, love the one you're with."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157249 on: May 21, 2021, 06:02:59 pm »

When I was in high school, my "girlfriend" was totally okay with me pursuing other women. She'd even ask me if I had any luck with a specific gal, and gave me the classic "better luck next time" when the inevitable failure response came up. She just wanted me to be happy.

Ours wasn't a real relationship and neither is yours. Your current girl shouldn't be a factor in your decision to pursue your old crush. There's no point in having a relationship for the sake of having one. Passion is an essential ingredient and you lack it.

As for the matter of pursing your old crush, it's basically an issue of pride. Emotionally immature people (which is what most teenagers are) can be painfully wishy-washy with their decisions. I expect that if you try anything she'll just change her mind again. I spent my entire high school life going after one chick because she kept giving and withdrawing her affection at strategic moments to keep me perpetually hooked. This wasn't some calculated thing, it was just the way her mind worked.

I got more from her than I would have if I did nothing, but it wasn't worth it in the end. You need self-respect. You need to say no to people who try to play games with you rather than treat you like a fellow human being. I know society tells you that games and mind-reading are just how dating works, but it isn't. There are people out there who will express their feelings plainly, or give you a fair shot if you make the first move. It may not be exciting as this constant mysterious back and forth of "will she or won't she", but it's a lot less complicated and a lot less anxiety inducing, and in my opinion, creates a stronger foundation for a relationship where both partners are supposed to be equals.

I don't know how your classmates would react to that approach, but if you're at the point where you're asking for dating advice on the internet, then high school probably isn't the time your love life is going to bloom. The guys who get laid all the time are able to do it because it comes naturally to them. They don't think, or scheme, or plan, they just do.

Wait and see what happens, but don't be upset if that happens to be nothing. There is more to life than love and sex.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157250 on: May 21, 2021, 06:13:10 pm »

Like shitposting on the internet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157251 on: May 21, 2021, 06:15:08 pm »

Like shitposting on the internet.

Thanks, I needed that!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157252 on: May 21, 2021, 07:03:32 pm »

Man, I've sought dating advice as recently as last month, and I round up to thirty. Stuff just isn't easy.

Speaking of shitposting, send her that Bernie meme captioned "I am once again asking you on a date." You'll get a read on where she's at pretty quick that way.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157253 on: May 21, 2021, 07:06:10 pm »

Just ask her if she likes trump, then keep a blank face and a scholar's cradle.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157254 on: May 21, 2021, 07:34:50 pm »

Man, I've sought dating advice as recently as last month, and I round up to thirty. Stuff just isn't easy.

Speaking of shitposting, send her that Bernie meme captioned "I am once again asking you on a date." You'll get a read on where she's at pretty quick that way.
Oooh I want to steal cooperatively utilize that one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157255 on: May 21, 2021, 07:45:58 pm »

I married my first love, what is dating?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #157256 on: May 21, 2021, 07:48:32 pm »

I don't have to worry about dating. I'm obnoxious and disliked.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157257 on: May 21, 2021, 07:58:05 pm »

Hey, I'm also obnoxious! We have so much in common! Let's get coffee and talk about it some time?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157258 on: May 21, 2021, 08:02:48 pm »

now kith *_*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157259 on: May 21, 2021, 08:03:37 pm »

Did not take you for a voyeur, veccles.

Pages: 1 ... 10482 10483 [10484] 10485 10486 ... 11039