Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10481 10482 [10483] 10484 10485 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553593 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157230 on: May 21, 2021, 05:59:35 am »

You only say that because they just h4x0red your healthcare system
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #157231 on: May 21, 2021, 06:05:37 am »

Well of course, removing the HSE leak there’s nothing wrong with Russia, it’s actually the best place in the world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157232 on: May 21, 2021, 07:26:30 am »

You know, the most cursed thing I ever learned is that the noodles in instant noodle packets are precooked. This means it's possible to rehydrate them with anything that's a liquid at room temperature, and "cook" them with normal water. Yes, this means you can rehydrate instant noodles with vodka and eat it. For the love of all that is sane in this world, please do not do that, but now you know. You will always know.

Every time I eat instant noods, I'm always reminded of this cursed fact. Why has this fact been living in my head rent-free? It's not outright disturbing or not-sane, but it sure as hell gets a "Please don't bring that up." from my brain every time the fact-recaller recalls it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157233 on: May 21, 2021, 07:43:14 am »

I thought you had to rehydrate them with hot water. That's what I always did (they're tastier when hot anyways).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157234 on: May 21, 2021, 07:46:22 am »

Yes, but the fact remains that you can rehydrate them with vodka. It's entirely possible. I don't have an idea for how drunk you'll be after eating vodka-rehydrated noodles, but I'd imagine it to be somewhere in the range of "very" to "passed-out".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157235 on: May 21, 2021, 07:48:26 am »

You don’t have to use hot water, the instructions suggest you should.

All that’s been done to them is have the moisture removed so yeah, a suitably wet substance will rehydrate them.

PPE: depends how much vodka you use, and also your tolerance for the booze. Probably also if you’ve eaten beforehand. I’m not sure if the fact your body also has to break down the noodles will slow the absorption of alcohol.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157236 on: May 21, 2021, 07:56:51 am »

You know, the most cursed thing I ever learned is that the noodles in instant noodle packets are precooked. This means it's possible to rehydrate them with anything that's a liquid at room temperature, and "cook" them with normal water. Yes, this means you can rehydrate instant noodles with vodka and eat it. For the love of all that is sane in this world, please do not do that, but now you know. You will always know.

Every time I eat instant noods, I'm always reminded of this cursed fact. Why has this fact been living in my head rent-free? It's not outright disturbing or not-sane, but it sure as hell gets a "Please don't bring that up." from my brain every time the fact-recaller recalls it.
Have somebody cook the noodles in their mouth and then feed you like a baby bird.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157237 on: May 21, 2021, 08:33:20 am »

Have somebody cook the noodles in their mouth and then feed you like a baby bird.

I dunno, that's not very cursed to me. I'm sure it's someone's kink, which I think is supposed to be a cursed statement, but I think I've gotten over literally everything being at least one person's fetish. The vodka one is the one that's cursed to me. The 'baby bird' one I can vaguely fit into a fetishistic narrative, and I don't kinkshame.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157238 on: May 21, 2021, 08:41:16 am »

It's halfway to that one scene out of Lady and the Tramp, isn't it?

Vodka noodles sounds pretty cursed, I'll agree, unless it's vodka sauce on noodles, but if you're making an italian noodle dish with instant ramen, we've looped back to 'cursed' territory. Oof.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157239 on: May 21, 2021, 09:25:37 am »

Noodles are noodles, at the end of the day. Anything that calls for thin round noodles can be made with ramen without much trouble. Just stay away from the seasoning packets, mostly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157240 on: May 21, 2021, 12:30:14 pm »

This is the most legit WTF I've come back to in a long time, well done.

Also, I'm heating up some ramen in some chicken broth now, because this revelation has uses outside of cursed internet horror.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157241 on: May 21, 2021, 01:03:35 pm »

First off, RUMen noodles. Rum, not vodka.

Also, I'm heating up some ramen in some chicken broth now, because this revelation has uses outside of cursed internet horror.

Yeah, probably a better use for that information.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157242 on: May 21, 2021, 01:23:09 pm »

This seems like a useful assassination method.

Maybe I’ve just been playing too much Crusader Kings…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157243 on: May 21, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »

Technically, if you had vodka at hand you wouldn't need to cook the noodles if they weren't pre-cooked, because all the bad stuff would still be killed by the vodka?

This seems like a useful assassination method.

Maybe I’ve just been playing too much Crusader Kings…

...Better check your noodles for needles, m'lord!
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157244 on: May 21, 2021, 02:48:09 pm »

Do that, add some actual chicken, then mostly drain it out and add some cheese and curry powder. Don't bother with the normal seasoning. Let sit for a little bit to thicken, then eat. It's pretty good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10481 10482 [10483] 10484 10485 ... 11039