Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10470 10471 [10472] 10473 10474 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549145 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157065 on: May 12, 2021, 07:07:55 am »

You’re right George, but I think it’s time we settle down. If Archimedes really is the “mafia” like everyone is joking about then this is exactly what he wants.

For two days straight he’s been the topic of the WTF thread and if there’s one thing trolls like is attention. The bigger the flamewar the better for them. To be honest, it takes skill to be subject of conversation for this long without getting banned. I got to applaud him for that at least.

But that’s the only props I’m going to give him. Bay12 is tight-knit community and as a result, people feel comfortable showing vulnerability here while we in return feel comfortable returning emotional support. When crises are being manufactured, it’s a betrayal of that trust and makes everybody who bothered to care feel like a fool, even if it was accidental. Emotional labour is never free. People want to know that it’s going somewhere. Imagine how pissed we’d be if we found out LordBaal wasn’t actually a struggling Venezuelan.

Anyway. That’s all I’m giving to this conversation topic. If Archimedes is worried about the goodness of his name, all he has to do to clear it is to act considerately and not cause another kerfuffle for some time, and eventually there will be enough evidence to prove that this really was just the dumb mistake of a teenager.

You know you were the only one giving AW the attention, yes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157066 on: May 12, 2021, 07:38:40 am »

Archimedes should kneel and beg forgiveness before gods and men like in times of yore!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157067 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:32 am »

You know you were the only one giving AW the attention, yes?

That's blatantly untrue. Right after Archimedes' first pregnancy shitpost, there were 12 posts written in response to that, and only 2 of them were mine. After Archimedes' confession post, there were 22 posts written in response to that before Arch properly apologized, and none of those were mine. Archimedes was the hot topic of the WTF thread for 25 hours.

There were only 6 posts after the "I'm a gurl" joke before I jumped into the discussion and fanned the flames as you might say, but that's the thing isn't it? Trolls do the things they do for attention, yet at the same time, some bad things need to be called out. It was inappropriate to make a crude joke like that while tempers were still hot from the previous crude joke.

But regardless, the discussion that followed my post was not as intense as the previous one and I'm making active efforts to try to quell it. The important things have already been said now so I'd like to let this go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157068 on: May 12, 2021, 09:44:01 am »

Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of title bars on windows?  No I don't want to drag this tab out to its own window, I want to move the whole window!  And no I don't want to go have to go find the now really small hit target for the draggable space.

>:(
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157069 on: May 12, 2021, 09:54:56 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:36:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157070 on: May 12, 2021, 09:57:51 am »

No no I just mean the new UX philosophy of "no we don't need title bars on our windows" - think Chrome, Firefox, etc.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157071 on: May 12, 2021, 10:03:08 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:36:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157072 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:27 am »

So my shrink told me that I'm actually very facially expressive. And I video called my family, and they also say that I have facial expressions. I don't understand what a face is. I can't tell what expression I'm making. I barely even acknowledge that I even have a face at all without prompting.

Yet... I can emote through my face. How?! I used to have a perpetual pokerface, but now I emote? I make faces?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157073 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:36:08 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157074 on: May 12, 2021, 10:56:21 am »

But it gets stranger still. I can feel the front part of my head (which I guess is my face?), the muscles on it, contorting. And they move according to how I feel. There's some kind of pattern with the eyebrow(?) muscle? The cheeks contract and relax, rising and dropping? I think I can trigger a relaxation of all feelable (which are very few and very imprecise, mind you) muscles if I refocus my eyes on something?

...I'm having a moment. I'm oddly self-aware of my facial movements right now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157075 on: May 12, 2021, 11:12:55 am »

Time to start lying to the mirror.  You can break this!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157076 on: May 12, 2021, 01:48:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:35:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157077 on: May 12, 2021, 02:28:25 pm »

Visited a friend's place, her housemate's cat (who I have not seen since January (and definitely never attempted anything like this before, she's skittish)) tried to nurse on my armpit o_O
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157078 on: May 12, 2021, 02:50:30 pm »

That's a cat that has been taken away from the mom way too early.
That makes them try and 'find the nipple' for the rest of their lives. Earlobes are a favourite spot.
Sad. Not healthy behaviour.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157079 on: May 12, 2021, 02:59:53 pm »

That's a cat that has been taken away from the mom way too early.
That makes them try and 'find the nipple' for the rest of their lives. Earlobes are a favourite spot.
Sad. Not healthy behaviour.
I've heard this before, but I'm honestly not sure this is true, since I've seen cats that have lived with their mothers their entire lives do that.
Pages: 1 ... 10470 10471 [10472] 10473 10474 ... 11038