Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10457 10458 [10459] 10460 10461 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545690 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156870 on: May 03, 2021, 06:44:29 am »

I got pretty much no sleep last night, since apparently I still don't share a bed well and need white noise. Caz, please go get some sleep and take care of yourself. Tap in a friend or family if you need to, no need to suffer unreasonably.

i say as I sip my coffee instead of crawling into my own bed to catch a few extra winks. I'm resolved to being quite useless today. I can't even fathom how I'd grapple going three days without sleep.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156871 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:22 am »

Jokes on you it's already 5am and I dont have to sleep for another 17 hours!

I read this in the Skelethor voice
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156872 on: May 03, 2021, 10:22:19 am »

Lack of sleep is worse than lack of food.  I think the hierarchy is something like Air > Temperature > Water > Sleep > Food?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #156873 on: May 03, 2021, 09:38:45 pm »

Lack of sleep is worse than lack of food.  I think the hierarchy is something like Air > Temperature > Water > Sleep > Food?

Depends on the temperature, but probably.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156874 on: May 04, 2021, 10:30:51 pm »

Temperature: No
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156875 on: May 04, 2021, 10:34:47 pm »

Temperature: No

Is that a null or an uninitialized variable?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156876 on: May 04, 2021, 11:15:07 pm »

Is that a null or an uninitialized variable?
Yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156877 on: May 05, 2021, 12:37:31 am »

I realized that I haven't even talked to Impa in BoTW, yet I'm exploring the everloving fuck out of the world. It's like in Fallout: New Vegas, where I ended up exploring the entire map and completed Old World Blues before even coming to New Vegas, taking so long that the new year passed in-game. Or in Fallout 4, where I explored 80% of the map and made multiple settlements before even entering the Institute. Every time I play an open-world game, this happens. I keep getting sidetracked. It's like a manifestation of my ADHD.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:39:57 am by methylatedspirit »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156878 on: May 05, 2021, 02:21:28 am »

You're certainly not alone there.  I did somewhat bee-line Fallout 4 because I was drawn in by the idea of finding my son (my RL plan is adoption, but I still care).  3 got me the same way, I was obsessed with finding my father because in both cases *surely that would be my character's motivation*.  And yet that hurts the replayability by limiting the characters available...  Unless one consciously ignores the main story to go tell their own story in the rich worlds.

New Vegas constantly reminds you about the main story, but does a lovely job of not defining your character.  To the point that people still argue whether the Courier is a complete amnesiac from the intro (technically they aren't, but it's very easy for the player to play that way.  Very many dialogue options hint that it's true, and 1-2 technically prove it wrong).

So if your Courier wants to, IDK, not decide the fate of the Mojave?  You can easily in-character do whatever you want.

Edit: And this ain't a "new games bad" thing - Fallout 1 had a literal endgame timer running, originally, or everyone you grew up with would die.  And 2 didn't have a timer, but it played that same angle.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:26:06 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156879 on: May 05, 2021, 08:45:44 am »

It's like in Fallout: New Vegas, where I ended up exploring the entire map and completed Old World Blues before even coming to New Vegas,

I didn't get to the Strip until level 50 because i thought it was end-game stuff. I thought once i killed Benny the main story was over

I had the best armor the best weapons (i never figured how people got so many stimpaks) finished all the DLC's completed most of the side quests

Almost Everything
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156880 on: May 05, 2021, 09:52:21 am »

I skipped almost all of Fallout 3's main plot by exploring. Turns out you can easily fine Dad with no prerequisites.

Meanwhile, in NV I wandered into the Big MT DLC a level 2 or 3 and emerged way overleveled for most of the content.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156881 on: May 05, 2021, 10:00:27 am »

Don't give me any spoilers, but is it possible to do the same kind of sequence-breaking in BoTW as you can do in Fallout 3? Like, you stumble upon some place, suddenly you're 75% of the way to beating Ganon? I'd hate to skip most of the story just by exploring.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #156882 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:35 am »

Don't give me any spoilers, but is it possible to do the same kind of sequence-breaking in BoTW as you can do in Fallout 3? Like, you stumble upon some place, suddenly you're 75% of the way to beating Ganon? I'd hate to skip most of the story just by exploring.

No.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156883 on: May 05, 2021, 10:10:20 am »

Wait I thought one of the selling points of the game was that you could technically walk straight to Mount Doom or whatever and win the game, it was just nearly impossible unless you had quested around first?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #156884 on: May 05, 2021, 10:13:40 am »

Wait I thought one of the selling points of the game was that you could technically walk straight to Mount Doom or whatever and win the game, it was just nearly impossible unless you had quested around first?

Yeah, but I don't count going to the place where literally everyone tells you the Final Boss is as being a 'stumble on some place' kind of gotcha. You can't short circuit the quest line. You can fight the final boss early, but you can walk around his lair as much as you like without interrupting the progression.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 10457 10458 [10459] 10460 10461 ... 11037