Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10430 10431 [10432] 10433 10434 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551583 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156465 on: March 31, 2021, 06:33:21 pm »

Went to go grab coffee today with coworkers, like we do every day. Brought along this semi-newish hire who I've been on and off flirting with for a few weeks.

We've gotten our coffee and gotten back in the car, and I'm just starting to pull away from the curb when she goes "Look out!"

I do exactly what you're supposed to do: I hit my brakes hard.

I look around. There's nothing.

I turn back to look at her and she goes "Haha, just kidding."

You....you fucking wot mate?

I told her straight up that if she ever does that to me again, she isn't riding with me anymore. This bitch is 30, acting like she's 17. FFS. What is wrong with some people. There's shit you haha joke about, and there's shit you don't. Potential car accidents are not something I joke about. If she'd done that in the middle of traffic and I'd hit my brakes I might have caused an accident.

There's been lots of little weird warning signs around this chick, but today this was the first thing that actively made me go "Your attractiveness now means nothing to me."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156466 on: March 31, 2021, 06:40:44 pm »

Jeez, yeah I would hate for anyone to pull that on me too.  Even/especially someone attractive.

Reminds me of https://xkcd.com/122/ in a way.  I used to find lolrandom humor and trolling hilarious - when I was, yeah, about 17.  Quirky is better when there's depth to it, not just seeking reactions at whatever cost.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156467 on: March 31, 2021, 07:57:07 pm »

So I was using Google's Ngram viewer to look at stuff and found out that writing about "World War I" and "World War II" was surprisingly popular before the 20th century even started. Especially around the years 1552 and 1788, but there are other spikes there as well.

One of the referenced books is apparently a document of Maine legislature from the year 1508, which references both these wars, the Korean campaign and the Viet Nam war.
I do not get why the latter two would be in legislature of a French region (since the USA state did not exist back then). Or how they would get some prophets to know about it. So this must be some ridiculous error on google's part.
Something filed Document 1508 in the year 1508. Whoops.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #156468 on: March 31, 2021, 08:17:37 pm »

Reminds me of https://xkcd.com/122/ in a way.

Hula hooping is inherently superior to street theatre though
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156469 on: March 31, 2021, 08:30:48 pm »

I just... how the fuck can someone believe so many fucking conspiracy, some outright contradicting, theories.

Lizardmen, hollow earth, avatar (James Cameron one) is based on true leaked information. Biden is actually both a Pro-Trump infiltrated on the dem party and keep alive and under control of the dem party with special drugs and also member of a political mafia (ring kissing and all). Jehovah was a powerful alien lord that demanded worship and the Vatican is in constant communication with aliens. And Jesus was his highest ranking general.

Chinese dragons are based on spaceships.

The reptilian changelins actually flee their planet from an evil kind of grey and took refugee on earth.

The hollow earth civilization is 6.000 years ahead of us in tech.

Aliens comes to earth only on vacations.

The Irak war was an effort to destroy thousands of clay tablets with the real history of humankind and 5 stargates, because Stargate is also a show made on leaked information, but they also allow to travel in time and other dimensions, so yeah just like the show.

Oh and the tech for unlimited and free clean energy exists but is not out because the countries that sell energy will go broke.

My head hurts and that is all I can remember for now...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156470 on: March 31, 2021, 08:38:01 pm »

Oh, yeah, it's absolutely crazy.  I occasionally watch a streamer who dives into the worst conspiracy theory videos on Youtube and commentates on them.  Q stuff, sovereign citizens, and a shocking number of people who think that Trump is coming back in a few months (or never left).

Favorite tidbit today was a guy insisting that "Biden" as President is actually a famous comedian wearing a mask, putting on a show for the "movie" that is 2021 - because Trump once said that his base will enjoy how this "movie" ends.
(Oh, evidence:  Biden's ears hang lower than they did 10 years ago)

It's hard to tell the pure grifters from the true believers when they're making money off their conspiracies, but a lot of content-consumers seem to actually believe this stuff.
Reminds me of https://xkcd.com/122/ in a way.

Hula hooping is inherently superior to street theatre though
Hm I'm trying to formulate this in a way that doesn't disparage physical art like belly dancing, hula-hooping, or breakdancing.  It's truly amazing what people are able to achieve with their bodies.

But street theater is like standup comedy yet even riskier.  I have to respect that too.

I think I remain more interested in street theater because it's more likely to tell a deep story that's also accessible enough for a rube like me!

(Also I once saw a troupe play a great Star Wars + Shakespeare skit at an outdoor beer garden with my mom.  I don't think it technically counts as street theatre, or even street theater, but it was memorable and entertaining!  They were so... engaged with their environment, and rolling with various interruptions like a passing train!)

In other words all art is art but street theatre is hardcore.  Hula hooping only has the potential to be so.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156471 on: March 31, 2021, 08:48:02 pm »

Multiple popular news sources are writing entire opinions regarding the doggy doo doo that Biden's dog made.

I know I usually make jokesies and exaggerate things but that's 100% literal.

@Baal
Can you message me links for those I want to have a chuckle
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:58:09 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156472 on: March 31, 2021, 08:52:45 pm »

Multiple popular news sources are writing entire opinions regarding the doggy doo doo that Biden's dog made.

ah yes, the 'veto'
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156473 on: March 31, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »

I'm sure in today's political climate, literally anything can be construed as a political statement if you tried hard enough. I bet one news source wrote the first article on it as a joke, but then the others saw it and thought, "This is gonna be great material for our newspaper!" and subsequently wrote their own. It's a microcosm of the Internet-era news cycle.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156474 on: March 31, 2021, 09:10:01 pm »

They all come from the same person I was talking with in real life, sorry I could not pass on a link, but I think if you speed run through all the seasons of ancient aliens while on drugs migth end up with more or less the same.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156475 on: April 01, 2021, 04:08:38 am »

but I think if you speed run through all the seasons of ancient aliens while on drugs migth end up with more or less the same.
That sounds like it would be quite the trip.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #156476 on: April 01, 2021, 07:25:03 am »

Lizardmen, hollow earth, avatar (James Cameron one) is based on true leaked information. Stargate is also a show made on leaked information
Oh, this concept is called predictive programming. Accordingly, the powers that be (usually Illuminati types) choose to reveal their future plans/ the ‘true’ nature of the world we live in via mass media. Why would they disclose their plans? Well it’s either to subconsciously groom the population into accepting what is gonna happen, or it ties into the belief system of the powers that be to absolve potential karmic debt. Depends on the conspiratorial rabbit hole you stumble upon.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156477 on: April 01, 2021, 10:22:01 am »

Centipedes! Everywhere, 7 and counting. One actually bite my wife in the cheek while we were sleeping. Oh and a big ass ant bite pete in the face too. An odontomachus or trap jaw ant, called "bachaco negro" 'round here.

I'm going crazy trying to close any kind of crack or places were the centipedes can come from, but ultimately it seems they come from the sewers.

I'll try boric acid and hot water for the sewers.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #156478 on: April 01, 2021, 10:23:33 am »

Centipedes! Everywhere, 7 and counting.
Maybe you should try fire.
Lots of fire
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156479 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:06 am »

Centipedes! Everywhere, 7 and counting. One actually bite my wife in the cheek while we were sleeping. Oh and a big ass ant bite pete in the face too. An odontomachus or trap jaw ant, called "bachaco negro" 'round here.

I'm going crazy trying to close any kind of crack or places were the centipedes can come from, but ultimately it seems they come from the sewers.

Check the P traps (shaped like the letter P, sort of, or the letter U) to make sure they have water in them. You'll also get smells if they've gotten dry and/or have cracks in them. Boric acid also helps with bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 10430 10431 [10432] 10433 10434 ... 11039