Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10374 10375 [10376] 10377 10378 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554162 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155625 on: February 07, 2021, 06:11:53 am »

While I have now joined the card carrying 2-dose vacc master race, I am in no hurry to hug.

Also, pay attention to Poo, when he warns about the second shot of the mRNA vacc. He is right.  Shit had me in bed 2 days with fever and sweats. All better now though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155626 on: February 07, 2021, 06:19:30 am »

My doctor friend had her 2nd shot last week. Luckily, she had no complaints except a minor headache which could just as well have been caused by stress at the job.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155627 on: February 07, 2021, 06:29:22 am »

It was not until about 7 to 8 hours after injection that I started having the dreaded "Pre-flu" headache sensation.  I took some acetaminophen (paracetamol) at work from the stock bottle, (650mg dosage total, since I do not like horking down huge amounts of the stuff) and it only just prevented the shakes and shivers with heavy sweating. Still had muscle weakness and joint inflammation that I get when I get the flu. 

was allowed to go home early when it was apparent that I could not hoist bodies off the floor like I usually am able to do. (Had a gentleman repeatedly put himself there, and then be too feeble to get back up again. He was unhurt, but could not get it through his head that he should not be trying to constantly move from chair to bed, and back again in his room, because he lacked the strength to do that activity safely.) I was basically just a warm body at the workplace, and not a valuable staff member, so the CN let me go home.  About 2 hours later (I had been trying to work for 6 hours prior), the drugs wore off, and the heavy sweats and shivers hit.

Turned my heater way the hell up, and soaked in a tub of hot water for a few hours, then retired to my room to try and sleep. Had recurring dream on repeat about using an archaic CMOS setup program from the 80s (gsetup) over and over again on a computer that would not accept the new parameters.  Nothing new ever happened in the dream, it was just me being tired and frustrated, trying to fix the sorry assed thing, and it being "what? no."  over and over again, like groundhog day.

Woke up with a bed drenched in sweat, tired, and thirsty.  Had fever shivers and intense feelings of being cold the instant I got out of bed to seek a drink.

That kind of crap lasted the rest of the day, and into the next one.

Then it just dried up, and went away. Feel great now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155628 on: February 07, 2021, 06:49:05 am »

Sounds like that Pfizer vaccin is probably best not given to frail elderly.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155629 on: February 07, 2021, 06:50:31 am »

Mine was moderna, but similar concept.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155630 on: February 07, 2021, 06:53:34 am »

All trains in our country have been taken out of service because of the snow. National rail says it doesn't know when they will be able to safely resume schedules. Could be days.

Corona testing locations are closed. Vaccination campaign is on hold.

Some of the larger supermarkets have stopped delivering at the door because it is unsafe to drive.
This makes it pretty darn hard for people to comply with mandatory quarantaine, if they want to have food.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155631 on: February 07, 2021, 06:56:30 am »

Should have paid more attention to my "Garden indoors!" thread a few months back. :)  I had delicious fried mushrooms today.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155632 on: February 07, 2021, 11:52:48 am »

Got a dead pixel right in the middle of my monitor. It disappears when I adjust the monitor's tilt slightly, so I'm guessing it's something loose. Still, not a good thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155633 on: February 07, 2021, 01:08:10 pm »

Sounds like that Pfizer vaccin is probably best not given to frail elderly.
They tend to have less reactions. Risk factors for reaction: younger people, male.

Also, it actually shows good responses in the elderly. Given the risk of covid in this popgroup there is no other option
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155634 on: February 07, 2021, 06:29:36 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155635 on: February 07, 2021, 07:10:20 pm »

Cried a bunch, got real grumpy, feel better. I always get a little WTF when that works.

Also surprised that Cuphead isn't as brutal a game as I had worried it would shake out to be. Much less brutal than Touhou, for example >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155636 on: February 07, 2021, 08:39:06 pm »

There's some pretty mean touhou platformer fangames if that's what you're looking for, I think? Don't recall names off the top of my head 'cause that's multiple genres I'm not super fond of these days interacting, but I seem to recall they exist.

In other wtf, I look at the TV family has on the superbowl, and the halftime show looks like it consists of a lot of people doing some sort of hentai kamen cosplay. It's, uh. I'm not sure what to think on that one. Or say.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155637 on: February 07, 2021, 08:44:17 pm »

“When is it over?” would be a good start, but I don’t know any of the songs the guy does.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155638 on: February 07, 2021, 08:49:33 pm »

Nah, I'm glad that I can have some progress with my pain, it's just that when people are yelling about the difficulty, I expect something more like La-Mulana.

Cuphead is hard for sure but at least so far it feels fair. I've never been the sort of person who liked things like I Wanna Be the Guy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155639 on: February 07, 2021, 09:10:39 pm »

Sometimes I wonder how the hell some most people have the reflexes and memory to play Touhou, Cuphead and such. I'd get obliterated at the tutorial.
Pages: 1 ... 10374 10375 [10376] 10377 10378 ... 11039