Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10372 10373 [10374] 10375 10376 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553805 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155595 on: February 05, 2021, 12:02:50 pm »

I’m not a Hellraiser villain though.
Lament , Lament Configuration in a bottle?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155596 on: February 05, 2021, 03:15:06 pm »

I had 8 inches of snow drop yesterday, and I have a week of 0o Fahrenheit high temperatures to deal with, plus whatever the windchill adds to that.

It is terrifying.

It’s dry as all heck too so my skin hates everything.

Oh, wow, yeah, these are not fun temperatures, turns out it wasn't just me thinking it's cold this morning. My electric bill isn't gonna be fun. We only got a few inches over here, but it's still kind of a mess out there.

Guess I'm not leaving the apartment for a week, but hey, joke's on me, I wouldn't be leaving the apartment anyways!

I got to use my snow thrower for the first time, which was a horrible experience.

I also didn't know how much the gas I put in it would last, so I didn't do the end of my driveway, which resulted in a fun 10 minutes this morning chipping away at tightly packed snow with a snow shovel.

One of my neighbours was helping another neighbour and did... around 2/3 of the sidewalk I would've otherwise had to shovel when I got home though, so that was nice.

I’m not a Hellraiser villain though.
Lament , Lament Configuration in a bottle?

:D

I lol'd.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155597 on: February 05, 2021, 06:56:25 pm »

Today I overheard a documentary narrator saying "magma", and promptly looked at the TV's direction, somehow thinking he was calling for me. I realised and got immidiately freaked out by my own reaction.

The name "Magmacube" have seemingly grown onto me, somehow.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155598 on: February 05, 2021, 07:10:47 pm »

People call me duna/duni all the time lol
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155599 on: February 05, 2021, 07:39:12 pm »

The whole name is pretty cool.

dun
Duna
Deos
Goat

Whatever they call you, at least it isn't some iteration of piss, cop, or pisshead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155600 on: February 05, 2021, 09:46:54 pm »

No need to get pissy about it :P

Also Toady does change names on request.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #155601 on: February 05, 2021, 11:36:58 pm »

I'm pretty attached to my username, but it is a bit weird to start feeling name recognition towards the word "Enemy".
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155602 on: February 06, 2021, 12:14:40 am »

People don't refer to me by my username outside of Bay12 (I try to use different usernames for each website I sign up to), but I do have a particular attachment to this one. I internally refer to myself by this username, not my actual, real-life name.

I've said this before, but my username's a bit of a trainwreck to refer to. Like, there's many options, and none of them are particularly good. You could be talking about a drug, denatured alcohol in the singular, a term that translates to "1 carbon atom"...

Honestly, I'm not even gonna say which one I prefer. The madlad in me prefers the confusion that it causes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155603 on: February 06, 2021, 12:18:16 am »

this is your brain on meth

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155604 on: February 06, 2021, 12:54:32 am »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155605 on: February 06, 2021, 02:58:56 am »

I like your username because 1, it's a good username in itself, and if course 2, I like meth
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155606 on: February 06, 2021, 04:37:13 am »

meth is love, meth is life.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155607 on: February 06, 2021, 04:48:04 am »

Fun fact: Meth is apparently gaining a foothold in Sweden, they're becoming very popular here
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155608 on: February 06, 2021, 06:37:24 am »

It's a new trend. It's either made in Holland, or Colombian and Mexican cartels are now also using your country to setup meth labs.

Since about 2 yeras now, dutch police have found meth labs in our country, operated by Mexicans and Colombians.
They even found a holding cell complex with torture room as part of one such operation.

It's worrisome.  For now, it's just being produced here and exported to other countries. Crystal meth is not, and never was popular amongst drug users here, in fact it is near non-existant.  For now.  There are worries though that the production being moved here will lead to a rise in street use as well.

EDIT: this is kinda the reputation of crystal meth amongst drug users over here:

Heroin addict: "you are asking me if I want to do cystal meth? Are you high or something? Man, geez."
Coke snorter: "fuck off with your cheap ass junkie shit"
Crack smoker: "Maaaan, this crack already completely ruined me. I ain't gonna touch no crystal meth, that stuff is really evil, it turns people into paranoid stealing addicts. Now give me your money or I will stab your baby"

EDIT: the latter group (crack smokers) are a high risk group though. Addiction care organisations fear those are easy prey for meth pushers. Crack cocaine is at least 10x as expensive as crystal meth. Or, well, maybe not on the streets, but it is many times cheaper to produce, the profit margins are at least 10x higher than those for crack cocaine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 06:50:45 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #155609 on: February 06, 2021, 07:07:07 am »

It will inevitably result in a rise amongst street users. For example in the UK meth usage is nonexistent outside the LGBT community because its price is prohibitively expensive (BBC reports it is £260 per gram compared to the next most expensive drug cocaine at £46 per gram). If price were to drop it would start competing with heroin. Probably part of the trend of global criminals forming mcdonald franchise drug cooperatives; good for reducing inter-crime murdering, bad for public health
Pages: 1 ... 10372 10373 [10374] 10375 10376 ... 11039