Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10366 10367 [10368] 10369 10370 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14554069 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155505 on: January 30, 2021, 08:03:40 am »

What about (binary) trans people? Is a trans man gay for being attracted to women, just because their sex is female? I am not touching that with a 10-foot pole, because that is such a bad take. The accepted way of approaching this is to do it relative to current gender identity, because of edge cases like this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:05:25 am by methylatedspirit »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155506 on: January 30, 2021, 08:06:21 am »

It's not a bad take. Yes, they are. Because it is about their sex, not their gender.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #155507 on: January 30, 2021, 08:51:29 am »

Well it's different-It's an actual device, that was implanted in my right hand. Subdermal fascia, between the right thumb and index finger. I can message you a picture of it? It left behind a very evident surgical scar this clear on a camera. It also has a weird kind of gloss to it. and it's not present in my left hand, and I was not born with any birth defects like such. Sorry, this is just a lot for me to take in. Probably much less anybody else.
Isn't this the guy that periodically posts about having a radio chip in his teeth? Like, for the last 10 years?

Different guy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155508 on: January 30, 2021, 08:54:11 am »

It's not a bad take. Yes, they are. Because it is about their sex, not their gender.
So... uh... that trans man, who for the sake of argument has done the whole nine yards in transitioning, and is a man to everyone around him, including his own government. Is he still gay if he likes women? What was the transitioning for, then?! He went through all that effort, and you are effectively treating him as a woman by basing sexuality on sex rather than gender identity. Please reconsider your stance.

Does this apply in reverse? If a cis man dates a trans woman, is he in a gay relationship? That's... incredibly dangerous to say. I would strongly advise waiting for the other trans people (or those who know their stuff regarding this) on here to state their case first, because whatever you're thinking, you'll need to hear what they have to say first. I don't want you to get banned over a misunderstanding.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155509 on: January 30, 2021, 09:27:18 am »

Well, does his sex change? If no, then it is homosexual. If yes, then it is heterosexual. This is entirely irrelevant to his gender identity.

Please reconsider your stance.

Please be less holier-than-thou.

I don't want you to get banned over a misunderstanding.

...Are you trying to intimidate me, now?

You are coming of as very homophobic right now, methyl. The possibility of being homosexual is not a "dangerous" thing.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #155510 on: January 30, 2021, 09:33:43 am »

Here we go again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155511 on: January 30, 2021, 09:36:17 am »

Well it's different-It's an actual device, that was implanted in my right hand. Subdermal fascia, between the right thumb and index finger. I can message you a picture of it? It left behind a very evident surgical scar this clear on a camera. It also has a weird kind of gloss to it. and it's not present in my left hand, and I was not born with any birth defects like such. Sorry, this is just a lot for me to take in. Probably much less anybody else.
Isn't this the guy that periodically posts about having a radio chip in his teeth? Like, for the last 10 years?

Different guy.
You're right. This is the one who wanted to fight two MMA practitioners older than him through the power of forum hints and tips

Honestly I dont even understand what you two are arguing about here. I mean I get the feeling that things are getting heated over semanthics...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:41:13 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155512 on: January 30, 2021, 09:41:06 am »

To be fair this is a very complicated situation that involves law enforcement officers who harrased me and my family, in and outside of court, while we lived in our home county where this happened for years, on years. They were in the emergency room, and I counted more than ten of them. But wait, let me defend myself(For the 459th time probably)

You don't realize the extent surrounding this. I talked to a similar person who had a childhood experience that they were reminded of when I mentioned my story. They said it was not your average doctor who did it, and he kept asking me these weird questions as if 'did you ever get in trouble with the law when you were younger' which I did. I understand that people think I'm delusional, but I have a genuine question(because I'm too poor to afford a iphone and my mother insists on me not getting one. I've tried to purchase NFC readers off of the internet before but my mom won't pay for it :shrug:. This is not a paranoid delusion, and it has and is causing me genuine suffering. I'm absolutely dog tired of people who think they can say that about me. But fine, I just woke up and will defend myself since of the gravity of the situation.

Firstly, I'm not suffering from paranoid delusions. This occurred a long time ago and through several different psychotic episodes it has persisted and remained a constant memory(not a false one, ie. one that changes over time). I have never recanted my stoy, and never will. I AM taking my medications, and have been for over a year now. Don't tell me their not working, because I go to a doctor who is very sure they are working. I've had hallucinations, and paranoid delusions, but this is one of two scenarios in my entire life(out of 1,000s of auditory hallucinations, 1 visual) where I was..congizant, of what was going on, in reality, even though they were trying to take advantage of me. I have a psychologist too, whom I talk to. I get you guys may not believe me but I'm an underserved (white, however,) statistical minority. It's not like I had a good chance at getting people to understand anyway, except for some. But trust me I'm fighting about this until the day I die. literally, I see a psychiatrist and psychologist who are very well educated and not bad doctors. With both of them, they've decided to just agree with me not to talk about it. Because their logic systems in their brain just..won't allow for the possibility of this being true. Which is putting the cart before the horse so to speak, right?(lemme guess, I got the figure of speech wrong)

I guess I should also mention that the hospital does stock biometrics equipment, i was informed of this by a slipup by one of their receptionists. Google 'Medtronic Biometric Sensors'. Seriously, do it, this was one such brand mentioned to me by the lady at their records department. I am absolutely tired of defending myself and I'm not going to start my day stressed like this. I'll be back in a few days with an update.

Edit: Also thanks ChairmanPoo. What you said was really inconsiderate and is a reason why I don't like coming to bay12 anymore or expressing my feelings to ANYONE in this world. Because of coomments like that. I used to be a member of this forum-look at my post history. I grew up playing video games on here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155513 on: January 30, 2021, 09:46:12 am »

Firstly, I'm not suffering from paranoid delusions. This occurred a long time ago and through several different psychotic episodes it has persisted and remained a constant memory(not a false one, ie. one that changes over time). I have never recanted my stoy, and never will. I AM taking my medications, and have been for over a year now. Don't tell me their not working, because I go to a doctor who is very sure they are working
literally, I see a psychiatrist and psychologist who are very well educated and not bad doctors. With both of them, they've decided to just agree with me not to talk about it. Because their logic systems in their brain just..won't allow for the possibility of this being true.
You have a persistent delusion and your doctors are avoiding to talk about it because  they dont want to feed into it. And yeah, delusions can be persistent. Mind you I treat blood disorders, not schizophrenia, but I have had patients with both disorders, and their delusions were like that.

The one I'm thinking about was an otherwise smart person who was dead certain that a cult had injected him with a coctail of drugs, HIV, and demon blood. And despite best efforts, despite otherwise good symptom control, despite him being aware that he had delusions, he couldn't shake it off.

I dont know if this will help or not, but I decided that being candid and upfront about these kind of situations is worth a try.
Edit: Also thanks ChairmanPoo. What you said was really inconsiderate and is a reason why I don't like coming to bay12 anymore or expressing my feelings to ANYONE in this world. Because of coomments like that. I used to be a member of this forum-look at my post history. I grew up playing video games on here
I know you grew up playing videogames here. That's how I know about the MMA fighting tips debacle 😉
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:51:28 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155514 on: January 30, 2021, 09:50:49 am »

It is perfectly normal for hospitals to have biometric equipment and implants.  There's many variants.  From pacemaker for heart patients to subdermal blood sugar meters for diabetics.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155515 on: January 30, 2021, 09:56:09 am »

I mean sure, ChairmanPoo. I've had persistent delusions, like when I thought my brother had sex with someone I cared about during my (first) episode. When I later had success with medication as I am now, those delusions which were persistent went away. And yes, I bet 100 dollars your going to make the argument that even what I'm talking about is still a persistent delusion even though with very clos support groups who have monitored me since the beginning of this making note of the fact that there's a specific part of my disorder which is delusional, but that there are two events in my life that persist regardless. This being one of them.

So if I'm paranoid and delusional, how is it, as Martinuzz said, perfectly normal for hospitals to have biometric equipments and implants? Is it perfectly normal for them to force on it on you? Oh, that's my delusion. No, I stand by what I said.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155516 on: January 30, 2021, 10:18:14 am »

So Medtronic clearly exists and creates biometric equipment.

What I find unlikely is not that you got implanted without permission, especially if it was a surgery because of high blood pressure. Medtronic creates some kind of heart monitor.

But it is implanted in the chest, not hand. And when asked what they implanted, you said
Biometrics. DNA collection, blood sample, fingerprints, iris, etc. I was directly told it was biometrics, at the time of implantation, verbally. Doesn't mean I was okay with it.

But out of this, only biometrics can really be implanted. (without being really obvious)
DNA collection is only needed once, as your DNA does not change. So there is no need to implant it.
Blood samples are generaly extracted, not implanted, so I will assume you meant that. But that would mean some kind of tube leading out of you, or a complete laboratory within the device. Unlikely.
Fingerprints (I am guessing you mean a fingerprint scanner) are on the outside of your skin and do not change, so no need to implant a device for checking them. Unless it was for checking other people's fingerprints.
Iris is in a persons eye. since skin is not transparent, a device inside of you has no chance of scanning yours or any other person's iris.

So I do think that you misunderstood what happened.
I think that they implanted you with a heart monitor, took 1 or more samples of your blood, checked your DNA, iris and fingerprints.
The heart monitor would be in your chest though. I do not know what is in your hand. May be a blood sugar monitor, may be something they accidentaly left in.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #155517 on: January 30, 2021, 10:30:02 am »

Not sure about poking this, but while it is normal for hospitals to have biometric equipment and various implants, I can think of literally nothing that would be implanted in the hand, specifically. It's a terrible place for a subdermal... anything, really. Moves around way too much, too close to heavy use/impacts, not much space, etc., etc. Just about anything implanted also requires occasional checkups or eventual removal (or breaks down normally after a bit; human insides are remarkably hostile to most things not them), and it's not something hospitals just leave alone. Medical liability is a nasty thing.

Though blood sugar monitor stuff tends to be upper arm (and temporary, and very noticeable, and require intermittent replacement) or other parts of the body, yeah. Again, I don't think I've heard of or encountered anything that gets implanted under the skin in the hand, and especially not near a finger or meeting spot between them; the closest is maybe some of the cutting edge rfid chips or whatever they are and they're both pretty new (they wouldn't have existed years ago, basically) and not really medical at all and not implanted at the area being described. It's, uh. Weird overall, basically.

Also a minor point, but a memory not changing over a long period is probably as suspicious as anything? Human memories aren't false because they change to some degree, our memory recall modifies or rearranges real memories on the regular. When something's actually persistent and unchanging there's generally something pretty odd going on, from what I understand. Even for traumatic memories and whatnot.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:33:10 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155518 on: January 30, 2021, 11:00:02 am »

Also a minor point, but a memory not changing over a long period is probably as suspicious as anything? Human memories aren't false because they change to some degree, our memory recall modifies or rearranges real memories on the regular. When something's actually persistent and unchanging there's generally something pretty odd going on, from what I understand. Even for traumatic memories and whatnot.
I hate to  just.. remove the other part of your message. But that's part of the point I'm trying to make. The memory is unchanging, and it has never changed at all. Which, referencing further in your post, is the scary part for me. It's fucking horrifying to go through this experience, and while I understand the chips you are talking about are fairly new, and, well, weird, I want to give you an anecdote that may or may not help my case.

I'm in the local county jail. Crashed my car into a gate in a controlled manner because the cops were coming, and a local hospital in my area that was shutdown and prosecuted by the FBI after I tipped them off about it-well, let's just say it was still open. Didn't, and was not about to go back. Horrible situation, right?

Well, an FBI field agent came to speak to me. Through the intercom, we had a very brief conversation. I have no understanding of how county jail comm systems for prisoners in their cells work, but I do know for a fact, that when I waved my right hand(the one I was talking about) over the intercom briefly, a very, very loud sounding, almost indiscernible noise came from it. Sounded like screeching(tires? It's hard to put a name on the sound itself. I can only describe it indepth as much as I can). This further solidified my belief, however, it is just an example from my life.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155519 on: January 30, 2021, 11:22:15 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:32:32 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 10366 10367 [10368] 10369 10370 ... 11039