Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10355 10356 [10357] 10358 10359 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556242 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155340 on: January 23, 2021, 05:24:41 pm »

Pfffft... Definitely going to have to sling that the way of my dad, if he hasn't already seen it plenty of times

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155341 on: January 24, 2021, 05:31:49 am »

Anti-islam orgaistation Pegida has announced that despite it being forbidden by a judge, they will come to the centre of my city to protest.

What's wtf worthy about it, is that secret services have issued a warning that they have recieved signals that 'people with weapons' are on their way to the centre of Eindhoven and are willing to commit violence.

Our mayor has declared state of emergency and the centre of the town is now ' high risk area'.  People who go there can expect to be strip searched by the police for weapons.

This has never happened before in the Netherlands.. Warning for people with weapons.. Geez, we're not in the US here, guys, wtf?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155342 on: January 24, 2021, 08:27:48 am »

yea, im not sure that we could be strip searched for weapons.  that sounds like a bit of martial law to me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155343 on: January 24, 2021, 08:42:00 am »

What about strip naked for guns?
  :o :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155344 on: January 24, 2021, 08:52:35 am »

City mayors have the power to order emergency decrees like that, for limited areas.
There's been a preventive strip search area over here before, in the nightlife street, when there was word that youth was coming to riot and there was word they'd be carrying knives.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155345 on: January 24, 2021, 09:32:51 am »

"We don't have armed riots in the Netherlands"

Netherlands indeopendence day: Celebrating saying Goedendag to the Spanish since 1581

No but bad jokes aside surely armed riots is nothing new -- armed doesn't mean "with guns" unless they said "armed with guns" instead of just armed? I'm guessing it refers to clubs and cobblestones/pavement rocks.
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155346 on: January 24, 2021, 09:39:54 am »

Or the deadliest weapon of all: bags of soup.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155347 on: January 24, 2021, 10:01:04 am »

"We don't have armed riots in the Netherlands"
There weren't because last time they didn't show up, probably because of the widely announced strip search.

So far today, it's just heavy explosives (illegal heavy fireworks).  Water cannon has been deployed, rioters are getting acquainted with riot police batons.
30 arrests so far, battle ongoing guerilla style. Rioters taking detours to return to the square they were blasted off by a water cannon.

Or the deadliest weapon of all: bags of soup.
There's a reason their use is banned by the Geneva Convention.

My city today, photos in the local newspaper

https://www.ed.nl/dossier-112-en-misdaad/video-eindhoven-lijkt-oorlogsgebied-relschoppers-gooien-met-vuurwerk-en-messen-noodbevel-afgekondigd~a916e84b/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:45:45 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155348 on: January 24, 2021, 12:14:50 pm »

Geesh. The stores under the station have been plundered and trashed. The station hall itself has been trashed. The bicycle garage with security under the station has been trashed, bicycles have been stolen to throw at the police and used to make barricades.

WTF

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155349 on: January 24, 2021, 01:31:57 pm »

"We don't have small, we only have medium and large" (not that small isn't in stock, small doesn't exist)

what
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155350 on: January 24, 2021, 01:33:49 pm »

Would you find it odd that a game has the two difficulties "normal" and "hard", rather than "easy" and "hard"?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155351 on: January 24, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »

Would you find it odd that a game has the two difficulties "normal" and "hard", rather than "easy" and "hard"?

Not really.

"Medium" implies something that is in between two, opposite choices.  Medium is bigger than small, but smaller than large.  What is medium in between of, if there's only two sizes?

Meanwhile "normal difficulty" could just be how difficult the devs intended the game to be, whereas "hard mode" is more challenging for a second playthru or something.  Another restaurant uses "Small" and "Regular" for food sizes, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155352 on: January 24, 2021, 02:46:58 pm »

This whole year is feeling a lot like 1830s France to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155353 on: January 24, 2021, 03:06:51 pm »

Dear diary.
Nothing.
End of entry.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155354 on: January 24, 2021, 03:29:05 pm »

Dear diary.
Nothing.
End of entry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase