Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10323 10324 [10325] 10326 10327 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549804 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154860 on: December 24, 2020, 10:09:41 pm »

So Ibid's not a person, that's shorthand for "look at the last source". That means:
62. Briggs, “Community Engagement for Counterterrorism.”

Lazy bastards couldn't be bothered to put in the year of publication nor the journal it was published in, evidently. It's published in International Affairs in 2010, in case you're wondering.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154861 on: December 26, 2020, 06:20:51 am »

I think I tripped the circuit breaker in my room by accident, almost certainly because of my kettle-thing. Whoops. At least the lights and fan are still on, so I haven't fucked myself over too hard. It does turn out that canned sardines are still palatable cold, so that's nice.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #154862 on: December 26, 2020, 07:42:56 am »

It does turn out that canned sardines are still palatable cold, so that's nice.

I'm not sure if they are readily available in your area, but a couple of fire starter cubes could heat up your food in a pinch. Some MREs use something similar to them for the same purpose.

edit: I'm suggesting these because they usually light up easier than wood, don't produce that much smoke* and they should still deliver enough heat.

*like any other fire, they should be used in fairly well ventilated enviroment
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 07:46:56 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154863 on: December 26, 2020, 07:58:32 am »

You see, the kettle-thing was dubious enough, but literal blocks of flammable stuff? The uni staff would confiscate that in a heartbeat! Plus, my tables are made of wood, so... I dunno, that sounds like a house fire waiting to happen. If you meant using it outside... I consider myself a professional dumbass, so I'd figure out a way to cause a fire somehow. I don't trust myself to be safe around fire.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #154864 on: December 26, 2020, 09:06:57 am »

I meant like an open window.

Now, I'm not trying to coerce you into doing it and I'm definitely not trying to downplay the dangers (both from the fire and from your uni officials), but I'd like to give a couple of examples in the interest of having a better understanding of the idea. If you aren't comfortable with it, just don't do it  :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154865 on: December 26, 2020, 09:24:45 am »

Spoiler: just do this, ez peasy (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154866 on: December 26, 2020, 11:28:06 am »

The burning plastic and lacquer from the table will at least help hide the stink and flavor of the Spam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154867 on: December 26, 2020, 11:37:37 am »

The burning plastic and lacquer from the table will at least help hide the stink and flavor of the Spam.

And the sprinklers going off will hide the tears as you eat it, talk about a win-win-win!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154868 on: December 26, 2020, 02:45:04 pm »

Fried spam is actually delicious. Though, I say that in full self awareness of how I am now wearing the rose tinted nostalgia spectacles and looking back at a childhood spent in relative poverty.
This is a blank sig.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #154869 on: December 26, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »

Today, Firefox decided to commit sudoku.

Worked fine in the morning, came back in the afternoon, none of the tabs were responding, decide to kill it and start it up again, wouldn't launch. Figure a restart would fix it. After the restart it claimed the app was not installed and the shortcuts were leading to nothing.

Truly bizzare
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154870 on: December 26, 2020, 08:27:51 pm »

It pains me to say it, but Firefox has well-and-truly fallen behind Chrome-based browsers. The gap grows wider every year.

Perhaps it sees seppuku as the honourable way out?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #154871 on: December 26, 2020, 08:34:37 pm »

Well, Firefox doesn't hog my RAM.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154872 on: December 26, 2020, 08:38:03 pm »

I'll keep using firefox for as long as it refuses to harvest my data.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154873 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:07 pm »

It pains me to say it, but Firefox has well-and-truly fallen behind Chrome-based browsers. The gap grows wider every year.

Idk what state-of-the-art experimental pre-pre-beta browser features y'all are using, but either Firefox or Chrome works perfectly fine for everyday usage for me. The one thing that was annoying until recently is that Firefox couldn't open PDFs easily. I think I can do that now.

Do you mean Javascript performance? Or some of the newer technologies like webassembly?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:18:54 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154874 on: December 26, 2020, 09:46:48 pm »

Today, Firefox decided to commit sudoku.

Worked fine in the morning, came back in the afternoon, none of the tabs were responding, decide to kill it and start it up again, wouldn't launch. Figure a restart would fix it. After the restart it claimed the app was not installed and the shortcuts were leading to nothing.

Truly bizzare

Make a full AV scann on your pc.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10323 10324 [10325] 10326 10327 ... 11038