Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10318 10319 [10320] 10321 10322 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548475 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154785 on: December 22, 2020, 03:42:03 am »

Mentioning the McRib got me on a process where I found out that Taco Bell is bringing potatoes back on Christmas Eve!  I'm also a little surprised at how many other people wanted potatoes back (hence me using a phrasing from a meme instead of saying Nacho Fries).  I particularly liked the little dollar menu burritos with potato in them, but it doesn't say whether those are returning ):

It's silly, of course.  I have potatoes, leftover guac, sriracha, and *hella* rice and beans.  I even have flour and oil, which I think makes a tortilla?  Like a pancake but no baking soda to self-rise.

Or more simply I can just cut my own fries and season them to my taste instead of that weird red powder they use.  And instead of that strange "cheese" dip, well... I still have a collection of Taco Bell (tm) (r) hot sauce packets for that hint of familiar cheapness~

Food cravings are weird is all.  So many "snack" foods which don't really taste "good", and I don't seek them out, but if I'm sitting and they're within reach I cannot stop eating them.  Probably the salt.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154786 on: December 22, 2020, 07:08:24 am »

There's a 5-byte demo for the VIC-20, and it actually has "graphics" (if you call flickering colors graphics, major seizure warning) and "sound" (if you count noise music as sound). 5 fucking bytes. With visuals and sound.

Here's the video, which includes the part where the guy who made it types it in. Here's the pouet.net listing to download a .prg file of it for convenience.

It's literally this:
Code: [Select]
7e 3e 10 8f e8 50 There, that's the whole demo. How?!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154787 on: December 22, 2020, 08:37:42 am »

You could say that it's byte-sized.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154788 on: December 22, 2020, 12:03:24 pm »

Got kicked out of the grocery store trying to buy a German bread with marzipan and candied fruit today. Got stopped at the door and asked if I'd paid for my fruitcake.  I tried telling them it wasn't a fruitcake, but they called security. "Nah, it's stollen", I said.

I don't get why my heroclix buddies get so hype over the McRib.

I had one today, today.  It was basically like a BBQ pork sandwich, except instead of the first ingredient being love, the first ingredient was depression.

Like I get its micky D's so its only gonna be so good, but like I've had actual pulled pork BBQ, why would I ever want this even if micky D's had this on the menu 24/7.

The second ingredient was pickles.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154789 on: December 22, 2020, 12:18:40 pm »

I had one today, today.  It was basically like a BBQ pork sandwich, except instead of the first ingredient being love, the first ingredient was depression.

Like I get its micky D's so its only gonna be so good, but like I've had actual pulled pork BBQ, why would I ever want this even if micky D's had this on the menu 24/7.

The third ingredient was onions.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154790 on: December 22, 2020, 02:06:22 pm »

The third ingredient was onions.

Unfortunately the first ingredient was long pig, so y’all going to jail.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154791 on: December 22, 2020, 02:08:15 pm »

They'll never arrest me with my prionic powers!
*attempts to summon mind bullets, collapses dead but technically correct*
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154792 on: December 22, 2020, 02:59:42 pm »

I'm mainly just surprised that Heroclix is not only still a thing, it apparently has a community that come together to discuss fast food and (presumably) play the game. Huh.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154793 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:18 pm »

I'm mainly just surprised that Heroclix is not only still a thing, it apparently has a community that come together to discuss fast food and (presumably) play the game. Huh.   

I think I'm the only one on the Bay playing it, but yeah every tuesday night I play with the same handful of dudes at the LGS.  2017 was the 15th anniversary for the game.  The game exists and still gets new product but I don't think the playerbase is really growing, and even a few of us are pretty burnt out and only really play old figures.  A big issue is how many sets a year, but also the themes of the sets, regularly rotating between yet-another avengers set, x-men set, justice league set, or batman or spiderman set.  And there's typically three times as many Marvel sets for every DC set.  They've spiced it up recently with TMNT sets but they ran out of ideas after the fourth one, and there was Star Trek stuff but in my playgroup I'm the only one that bought them.

2020 was big for the game (delays aside) as they finally got the rights for Fantastic Four again, with a FF set and a foot tall Galactus figure.  Recently also was the two Animated DC sets (JLU and the Batman cartoon) of the old WB cartoons which I really liked, the figures really capture the cartoon look.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154794 on: December 22, 2020, 03:57:36 pm »

So I googled this (wondering if Heroclix could be acquired from kids meals or something) and found a lovely conversation from 2003.  Names removed to protect the... well, relevant XKCD:
i'm not sure how many there are out there but Chick-fil-a is the abouslute shiznit
Never heard of it! What type of food do they serve?

Historical records like this are one reason I haven't pressed the kill switch on my own posting history, warts and all.  Even to curate my cringiest old posts is to delete a part of myself from the historical record.

Not that this thread is cringe, just fascinating to me.  It's mostly laughing at McDonalds for their awful burgers, a connection bridging decades.  They're also right that the fries are relatively good.  I wonder if, like me, they'd harbor a shameful craving for the breakfast offerings?  Could they have imagined 24-hour breakfast?  In my defense, I think I become enamored with fast foods I eat while wrestling with anxiety, such as early drives.  Or cheap burritos on a 4-hour trip.

I digress.  Trawling old forum posts can be a lot of fun.  My old friend group used to share quotes from the Compuserve forum for a laugh.  I think... aw, no, looks like they shut down in 2017.  So they were live for some of the time we were looking, and yet the atmosphere was still very 90's-00's.  Good times.
She/they

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154795 on: December 22, 2020, 04:06:10 pm »

Its mostly we end up talking about random shit whenever we meet.  One of them mentioned the McRib coming back and I joked about camping outside the mickyD's to be the first to get McRibs.

And the other day the local Arby's was closed so I went next door to the MickyD's whom I remembered just starting to McRib again, I've never had one so I thought what the heck.  I concluded that I wish the Arby's was open.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154796 on: December 22, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »

Historical records like this are one reason I haven't pressed the kill switch on my own posting history, warts and all.  Even to curate my cringiest old posts is to delete a part of myself from the historical record.

Yes, I would never want to delete my old posts. Many of them I wouldn't stand by, but that's what happens. :v

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154797 on: December 22, 2020, 05:27:06 pm »

Many of them I wouldn't stand by, but that's what happens. :v

I've been here since, like, 2007 at least. A lot of bullshit happens in that amount of time.

I would know. I provided a lot of it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154798 on: December 22, 2020, 09:37:57 pm »

I've definitely made a few mistakes in my past, but I haven't done anything so terrible that I would try to dissociate myself from it. I guess it helps that this is the only piece of social media where I use this moniker. My reddit username is completely different, and I've also got throwaway accounts.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154799 on: December 22, 2020, 10:32:57 pm »

Sounds like you’re trying to hide something heydude.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10318 10319 [10320] 10321 10322 ... 11038