Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10314 10315 [10316] 10317 10318 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547329 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154725 on: December 18, 2020, 08:34:55 am »

Youtube recommended me the music video for Frontier Psychiatrist, and I watched it. Now, I'm quite familiar with the song on its own, but the video... what? It's about as literal as it could be, but I never gave any thought to the idea that those samples that make up the song had visuals to go with it. Look, just watch the video, it's beyond my ability to describe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154726 on: December 18, 2020, 09:11:50 am »

Ohh the blessing of living in a place with only two stations... dry hell and humid hell.

Dry hell please.
I'd love dry hell, during the summer it can get around 90% - 100% humidity where I live and if fucking sucks, makes me want to die when I have to do shit out in it.

And that's why I hate when it rains in the summer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154727 on: December 18, 2020, 09:33:26 am »

90% - 100% humidity

you live in the ocean?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:17:39 am by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154728 on: December 18, 2020, 09:37:43 am »

That's what the news said one day, probably doesn't help that it gets hot enough here that any water evaporates pretty quickly after it rains during the summer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154729 on: December 18, 2020, 09:55:39 am »

As someone living close to the Equator, I'd like to say this: temperature is one thing, but humidity, that fucking amplifies the shit out of temperature. Humidity's through the roof. It's a very sweaty hell. I've adapted to this kind of hell, but I'd imagine most tourists (not that there would be that many anymore) would think that my country is a perpetual oven designed to make you spend money on water*. Typical temperature range in a day is 24°C to 37°C (75°F - 99°F), though rainy season's turned the peaks down by ~5°C.

And I'll mention the insane UV index: 11 peak (and the scale typically maxes out at 10) on sunny days. Do not fucking sunbathe here, you will burn your skin off.

At least you'll never need chapstick.

*And I'd think that anywhere a bit away from the Equator is perpetual air conditioning designed to make you buy jackets, so I suppose it goes both ways.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #154730 on: December 18, 2020, 10:01:17 am »

laughs in Siberian

We have somewhat high humidity but our winters often reach below -30C. -40C sometimes. I live near the very south of Western Siberia so it's not consistently -40C.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154731 on: December 18, 2020, 10:13:14 am »

That's low as hell. If I tried going there in winter wearing the clothes I normally wear, I'd die of hypothermia in minutes, if not seconds! How do you live? 10 layers of clothing (5 of which jackets) to go outdoors?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154732 on: December 18, 2020, 10:22:08 am »

The horrible thing about the humidity is that the heat chases you wherever you go. Thankfully I live in a semi-arid place and our rainy season last only a few weeks per year, some years it doesnt even rain.

With dry heat, as long you have a roof you are fine, specially with the windy conditions that are perpetual here.

Now, with humidity in the air the hot laughs at your febble attempts of hiding. Nothing short of indoors + a fan or ac can refresh you.

There are places here that are perpetual humid hell, like Maracaibo, ughh that is a terrible place at many level.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #154733 on: December 18, 2020, 10:46:38 am »

Our seasons are marked by
Drizzle, light rain, sleet, drizzle
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154734 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:51 am »

I live in Czech republic, so I have neither. We do have winters and summers, often even snow in winter, but rarely over 28°C or under -5°C.

However, I agree that the best heat is dry heat. And I will take heat over cold.

90% - 100% humidity

you live in the ocean?
Humidity is not H2O concentration.
Humidity is the percentil of equilibrium water vapor (Actual_water_vapor_pressure/Equilibrium_water_vapor_pressure)*100%. Below 100%, water will slowly vaporise, above, it will condensate.
Equilibrium vapor pressure increases with temperature. By definition, at 100°C, water has Equilibrium vapor pressure 315 kPa.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154735 on: December 18, 2020, 11:14:13 am »

Where I live we only get two seasons:
Hot and humid
Wet and cold

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154736 on: December 18, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

In Bardufoss where I served in the army, we had three seasons:

Cold
Winter
and Mosquito

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #154737 on: December 18, 2020, 11:36:34 am »

That's low as hell. If I tried going there in winter wearing the clothes I normally wear, I'd die of hypothermia in minutes, if not seconds! How do you live? 10 layers of clothing (5 of which jackets) to go outdoors?
Coat (one of those bulky ones), warm shirt, warm pants, cap, warm boots, mittens. Basically it.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #154738 on: December 18, 2020, 11:53:55 am »

'round these parts (SE Brasil) the year can be described as, in order:

Incredibly hot (40C+ sometimes) - Summer
Nonstop rain and flooding - Autumn
Dry but otherwise fine - Winter
Weather roulette - Spring
Incredibly hot again - Summer

Supposedly this is the hottest (in summer) part of the country, so that's fun. From what it was explained to me it's because this is one of the closest parts of the planet to the Sun in the summer thanks to the Earth's tilt.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154739 on: December 18, 2020, 12:30:32 pm »

'round these parts (SE Brasil) the year can be described as, in order:

Incredibly hot (40C+ sometimes) - Summer
Nonstop rain and flooding - Autumn
Dry but otherwise fine - Winter
Weather roulette - Spring
Incredibly hot again - Summer

Supposedly this is the hottest (in summer) part of the country, so that's fun. From what it was explained to me it's because this is one of the closest parts of the planet to the Sun in the summer thanks to the Earth's tilt.
The planet being closer is irrelevant (the entire diameter is nothing compared to the distance to the sun), it's more the angle at which the rays fall being closer to 90deg.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 10314 10315 [10316] 10317 10318 ... 11038