Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10287 10288 [10289] 10290 10291 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529504 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154320 on: November 13, 2020, 07:59:54 am »

My use of milk is minimalistic. I've been told I may as well have none. But I find a splash changes it subtly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154321 on: November 13, 2020, 08:14:24 am »

Never milk in tea. Always a tiny splash in coffee. That's the rules.

Edit:
get a nespresso if you want to drink good coffee

This is terrible.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:16:24 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154322 on: November 13, 2020, 08:19:51 am »

My expectations for coffee are inline with my expectations for life: I expect it to be terrible.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154323 on: November 13, 2020, 08:57:28 am »

Jokes on all of you, I don't touch coffee nor tea! Haven't touched the stuff for a long time now. Makes my brain go weird, so I avoid it unless I really need it. Last time I had coffee, it was in driving school, taking the driving test. It was canned, and I guess it tasted okay. It was excessively sugary, but I'm not sure what else to expect from a vending machine. I was shaking by the time I passed.

Tea... it was in an Arab restaurant, and I drank a large amount of the stuff. The buzz was great, but I question if that was the wisest decision. Added sugar, because damnit, that was the best part!

Either way, I'm not touching those things unless I have a pressing need for them. Staying awake to watch Nvidia announce new graphics cards was not pressing enough, and those only come once every 2 years, so it's a high bar for me.

On the nature of if people have crushes on me... I'll consider it "possible bullshitting", but I'll file it under "tentative; evidence quality infinitesimal" just in case. Small changes have been made in the social model to allow for the possibility, but I think it's unlikely that I'll ever need to use it.

Dude who called me handsome (yeah, that's how I'll refer to him on here, unless you have something better) asked me why my name was on the list of disabled people in my uni. That's true; being diagnosed with autism is enough to qualify me to be considered under the umbrella of "disabled people" where I live. I applied for benefits because why wouldn't you if you had the chance? Anyway, he told me that I didn't seem disabled. I don't think he's saying it as an insult, either. Dude was confused.

I apparently emulate a "normal person" so convincingly that I've managed to pass as "normal". There's, of course, the "he's lying" hypothesis, but I don't think someone who gets this confused is actually lying. Surely there were things that would've tipped him off (poor eye contact, perpetual pokerface, no mention of facial expression ever), but no. He seems fairly tolerant of "different" people, so it's hard for me to push the Bullshit Button here.

His views aren't complete shit, either, surprisingly. He said that these mild diagnoses of mental disorders (I suspect he's thinking of autism and similar conditions) are less of a problem with the person with it, and more of a societal problem. It's the people who can't accept those who act differently from them who are "making up" (paraphrasing here) these diagnoses. I think what he's trying to say is that it's pathologizing people who are "different".

Now, I have problems with that. Like, these diagnoses exist so that they don't fall behind developmentally. It's there so that they can be trained to pass as normal, at least in theory. Still, though, for a normal person who doesn't deal with those with learning disabilities (of which autism is one) often, that's pretty good. Plus, his experience is limited; he has a few cousins who suffer from such, but he's not the one dealing with them on a daily basis. My suspicion is that he's only seen mild instances, I think, so I can't fault him for thinking that.

It was more likely that he would deny the existence of learning disabilities outright or denigrate those with them, but I don't see that much of it.

I dunno, is this bad? Are my tolerances too loose? Compared to my current views, it's still not great, but given his background, I really want to give him a pass. There's a "smash glass to RUN" thing in my head, but I'm really hesitant to use it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154324 on: November 13, 2020, 09:09:55 am »

"You don't look autistic" to me means "I expected autistic people to look like down's syndrome types but you don't" but that's the cynic in me.

Although my bigger queston is why is who's disabled apparently public knowledge on a list somewhere.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154325 on: November 13, 2020, 09:14:22 am »

Putting milk in tea is the reason the world is so shit now days.

Also while I was cleaning my room I found one of those fat PS2s that I had got from a thrift store, and for some reason I looked inside the that hollow place in the back and found several small baggies, a thing that looked like a vape, small bottle of eye drops, and some wadded plastic that looked like they might have had drugs inside and not something like pot it looked like it was more hard core stuff like crack or meth, I immediately threw that shit out and am now feel I should more thoroughly check stuff I get from that place.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154326 on: November 13, 2020, 09:17:03 am »

Although my bigger queston is why is who's disabled apparently public knowledge on a list somewhere.

I need to clarify: not public knowledge. My understanding is that he was looking at the list of low-income people (and thus would receive benefits; he's giving out food for the low-income students, so he needs it), and for some reason the disabled people list is somehow stapled to it as well. I think he was just curious or something, so he looked at that, too.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154327 on: November 13, 2020, 09:26:27 am »

Putting milk in tea is the reason the world is so shit now days.

Also while I was cleaning my room I found one of those fat PS2s that I had got from a thrift store, and for some reason I looked inside the that hollow place in the back and found several small baggies, a thing that looked like a vape, small bottle of eye drops, and some wadded plastic that looked like they might have had drugs inside and not something like pot it looked like it was more hard core stuff like crack or meth, I immediately threw that shit out and am now feel I should more thoroughly check stuff I get from that place.

Well. That was a good deal from that store.

Vape was likely a vape - as vaping cannabis oil is a pretty common way to avoid the smell. They also make vaporizers for weed, as in the actual plant - which I don't really know the mechanics of. I guess it's an alternative way to get the oil out and into your lungs. Basically every time I've used one I was too drunk to ask questions about what I was smoking.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154328 on: November 13, 2020, 09:29:35 am »

Yeah, I had someone ask to use my PS2 to dry some mushrooms.

It seems a bit weird that you’d donate something you used to store your drugs and paraphernalia in and not check it before handing it over, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154329 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:13 am »

I just realized I made it sound like there were drugs in that stuff, but there weren't any just residue that I wanted nothing to do with.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154330 on: November 13, 2020, 10:45:23 am »

Yeah, I had someone ask to use my PS2 to dry some mushrooms.

It seems a bit weird that you’d donate something you used to store your drugs and paraphernalia in and not check it before handing it over, though.

For gawd sake.  The real thing to put in there is the 'Network adapter', because it has an IDE connector of the back, and allows for the installation of an HDD.

Why, I hear you ask?

So you can install FreeHDBoot on it, of course, and then open that old FAT PS2 to the world of fast loading times, homebrew, and more. Thats why.

Mushrooms.... What is wrong with people?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154331 on: November 13, 2020, 10:51:43 am »

Did the PS2 have a prominent cooling fan? I had one for years but I don't remember.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154332 on: November 13, 2020, 10:52:32 am »

It has one, but not prominent.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #154333 on: November 13, 2020, 07:43:15 pm »

For gawd sake.  The real thing to put in there is the 'Network adapter', because it has an IDE connector of the back, and allows for the installation of an HDD.

For informational purposes, there's kits to easily convert the network adaptor from IDE to SATA. The PS2 supports up to 2TB drives.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154334 on: November 13, 2020, 08:05:23 pm »

Did the PS2 have a prominent cooling fan? I had one for years but I don't remember.

It has one, but not prominent.

You sure you guys aren't thinking of the PS3?  That one had big cooling issues, I've heard.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10287 10288 [10289] 10290 10291 ... 11037