Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10258 10259 [10260] 10261 10262 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520814 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153885 on: October 07, 2020, 04:43:20 am »

If there was no other people around to poop on that actually increases the chances of it popping on you to one in one
Love, scriver~

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153886 on: October 07, 2020, 05:13:53 am »

Unless the bird was specificaly targetting me, the chance of me being hit should be the same whether or not there were people around.
What I meant was, that the chance of any human being hit must have been low, since there was only one projectile and only one small target.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153887 on: October 07, 2020, 05:18:47 am »

Unless the bird was specificaly targetting me, the chance of me being hit should be the same whether or not there were people around.
What I meant was, that the chance of any human being hit must have been low, since there was only one projectile and only one small target.

Unless the bird is out to poop on any human it sees.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153888 on: October 07, 2020, 07:20:23 am »

My toddler is currently infatuated with Scooby Doo. We thought Mystery, Inc. would be too intense for him but we blew through What's New and Zombie Island and he still wanted more.

Mystery, Inc. is a trip. I'd like to figure out what the writers were on.

The sheriff is voiced by Patrick Warburton. A D&D episode (Crypts & Creatures, isn't that the nerdy game for nerdy nerds?). One episode featuring a Lovecraft expie (voiced by Jeffrey Combs) and Harlan Ellison (voiced by himself). The Hex Girls come back (but they look weird and their music is less good) to defeat an undead ska band that's creating ska zombies. Scoob's girlfriend gets knocked out and he visits her in the hospital every day. Several times, she's possessed by an Anunnaki so that the creature can give Scoob important info - namely, Nibiru is coming, the treasure hidden in Crystal Cove contains another Anunnaki that shouldn't be released, and (hint hint) some modern animals are descended from Anunnaki, giving them the gift of speech.

It's been a giant WTF from beginning to end and I love it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:25:36 pm by Mephisto »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153889 on: October 07, 2020, 09:29:22 pm »

This is more in the sad, but since is kinda a follow up, my sister fucked up my laptop, the last computer we had. She cleaned the screen with a dripping soaking with alcohol and now there's a large liquid stain in the left lower corner and a ugly wide pink vertical line in the middle of the screen which seems to become brighter/thicker with each boot.

I just found out today when I sat down to work since we have power right now. I went to her place with the laptop to use it as a music/video device for the kids that day. I rue not taking it back with me that day but would have probably get mugged if I had carried it in my hand anyway.

The screen cost up to 100 dollars here, might as well buy a new laptop but of course I can't afford it. Probably will use it as a cpu with a tv or the old computer screen. I just hope the laptop remain usable because is the sole entertainment source for pete when the rolling black outs hit us at night.

She said she would pay it but when I pointed her the costs of the screen on mercadolibre (Latin America answer to ebay/amazon but even muckier) she said that she has to talk with her husband first but that it seems too much money and she used to clean her laptop like that for years* and nothing like that ever happened so the screen most likely just failed by itself and she doesn't really have to replace it. And it was my fault anyway because the screen was dirty, it was not in fact....  I just told her to buy the screen, I can change it myself so that is money she doesn't have to spend on a technician.

*I know she is lying because I was the fucker that made maintenance to her laptop every.darn.time, the only time she soaked it on anything it was on coffee and I ended up replacing her keyboard back then.

Like really men, how one can get so fucked up in every tiny aspect of one's life?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:34:49 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153890 on: October 07, 2020, 09:32:38 pm »

Sometimes people dont think through things, and the solution is to not trust their good intentions.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153891 on: October 07, 2020, 09:37:12 pm »

The cleaning happened after I left, my wife saw how she cleaned the screen and the aftereffects are pretty obvious, I have seen this kind of damage on screens and laptops before.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153892 on: October 07, 2020, 09:51:38 pm »

Ugh, yeah, I know that kind of damage, it will just keep getting worse every time the screen runs. Ultimately, the only thing to do is just to hold her to buying a new one, and if she complains, remind her it was never her responsibility to clean it in the first place and she shouldn't have done it. I am sure she will think you are a terrible person for it, people who are like that are just like that and there's nothing that can be done for them. Have you tried talking with her husband, though? If he has to live with her, he may well have some idea what she's like and might be willing to have your back, I would like to hope.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153893 on: October 08, 2020, 12:02:19 am »

Yes it sucks balls. Specially because when we were out of power at nigth pete would see a movie or cartoon there before falling asleep, the screen is kinda watchable and with brigth cartoons it kinda pass. For work I can pretend to have two little screens as long the damage doesnt keep growing too much.

Tomorrow I'll open it up and check if by any chance is some connector soaked but I really doubt it.

Edit: The model of the lcd is b140xw01 v9, just using the forum as my personal notepad. Other forums I have been had this function to store text and limited ammount of pictures and files. I think sm does not have this.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:13:43 am by LordBaal »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153894 on: October 11, 2020, 06:22:42 pm »

Just got a notice that, next January, Oculus users are going to require Facebook to use their VR headsets.

Worse, I can't really get a new headset, since the Rift series are the only ones I know of with inside-out tracking; I don't have space to put external trackers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153895 on: October 11, 2020, 07:00:58 pm »

Got an iphone, and Im slowly slogging through making it a less alien experience.  I feel like they designed everything to be counter-intuitive so that they could trap people into funneling monies and energy into their proprietary systems.  Slowly Im getting to grips with my new thousand dollar appliance.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153896 on: October 11, 2020, 09:32:04 pm »

Hmm, people who like iPhone often talk about how easy and simple it is to use. Maybe it is, if you follow the rails, and it's deliberately designed to being annoying as hell if you go off the rails.

For example, if you want to turn the thing into an mp3 player and load your own mp3s then it's deliberately annoying as hell to do that, but if you type in "play music" into the app store there are simple canned solutions such as Apple Music and Spotify. For people who don't know they're trapped in a walled garden, they find this helpful and easy to use.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:35:18 pm by Reelya »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153897 on: October 11, 2020, 09:38:27 pm »

I think if its your first device or you've had them for a while it works for you. If you're used to doing things a certain way it can be frustrating.

I had an iPod Nano which I quite liked. But that meant I needed iTunes on my PC (to add any music to the ipod). All my music, which was a mix of remixes, indie music, and video game stuff, didn't work with iTunes without me editing the metadata of all of it. Which meant I needed more software for that, plus all the work. I could have re-bought most of it on iTunes if I wanted the convenience, but that's shitty.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153898 on: October 11, 2020, 09:45:59 pm »

I got the mp3s on okay.  After I failed to load them through a third party app and then did the research to find the completely hidden back door to do so.

Getting my old pics in is a little easier, but since my old phone broke I lost a lot of info, such as contacts and the pics, and some audio files and whatnot....

I really dislike how every single Automatic Call Recorder wanted to press money out of me, or promise me a free trial.  I dont want those, all i want is an app to record my calls.  I had that with android no issues.

Or something as silly as wanting functional widgets on my home screen.  Or the ability to disable the numberpad tones.  I heard a story about how scammers once used the numberpad buttons to scam a woman out of her credit card before, and Ive preferred them off since.

I feel like changing most options is a chore, and what I really bought was a pocket sized box that tells the world 'I care what you think of me so much I spent a wad of bills as big as this box to show you Im cool'...

As an added bonus, I think I remember that Apple is announcing a new Iphone on Tuesday, so my little gidget is already obsolete..
But, its only been a few hours.  Ask me in a week or two if I feel the same.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153899 on: October 11, 2020, 11:05:07 pm »

Being "the tech guy" in the area, I always get stuffed with the "My Iphone is doing this dumb thing--"

and I have to respond with "IPhones don't want you to fix them without insider tools. I don't have those tools, the phone is designed to prevent me accessing it in the ways I would need to to fix that, and the work arounds require me to hack a backup image made from itunes, or to void your warranty with a jailbreak. Please take it to your phone dealership or to an apple store."

Now, android devices?

GIMME-- I'll have your data backed up, shuffled, organized, and have it doing an Irish Jig in short order.  Give me a USB cable and ADB, and that phone is my bitch.

Pages: 1 ... 10258 10259 [10260] 10261 10262 ... 11037