Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10257 10258 [10259] 10260 10261 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520459 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153870 on: October 05, 2020, 09:52:11 am »

Happy thread fell off to page two.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153871 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:01 am »

Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153872 on: October 05, 2020, 11:36:19 am »

I do admit, the last 10 minutes were actually good.  The first hour was, wtf am I watching.

Wtf are people wasting their time on on the internets, if this is what the new generation is spending their brains on, we're all doomed.

Also, she looks much prettier without the make-up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153873 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:18 am »

I mean she is totally Toby

It all follows the pattern
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153874 on: October 06, 2020, 09:00:49 am »

I was just watching a perfectly innocent LP on Youtube and it hit me with an ad for some gross PUA bullshit. ???   
One moment my ads are for Coco Pops or asking me which brands of tomato sauce I would consider buying, next minute they're tryna get me to sign up for a crash course on modern gaslighting. The heck?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153875 on: October 06, 2020, 09:12:46 am »

I was just watching a perfectly innocent LP on Youtube and it hit me with an ad for some gross PUA bullshit. ???   
One moment my ads are for Coco Pops or asking me which brands of tomato sauce I would consider buying, next minute they're tryna get me to sign up for a crash course on modern gaslighting. The heck?   

Yeah, Youtube (and Google/Alphabet more generally) is known for trying to sell people on conspiracy theories and PUA BS. Also, "upgrading" products by removing everything you liked about them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153876 on: October 06, 2020, 10:21:39 am »

One of my favorite youtube streamers keeps getting those body-wash ads which project sensitive masculinity.  Which is cool and all, but it's kinda yikes when she loads a video only to get "You're a MAN" shouted by the ad.  Fortunately she seems to find it amusing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153877 on: October 06, 2020, 10:36:11 am »

Yeah, Youtube (and Google/Alphabet more generally) is known for trying to sell people on conspiracy theories and PUA BS. Also, "upgrading" products by removing everything you liked about them.

Gotta profit off people's loneliness somehow.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153878 on: October 06, 2020, 12:23:39 pm »

The work-related WTActualF continues.

I have been called into an Investigation because I left "high-valued items on the scissor lift."

I did, this is true.

A delivery came at the end of my shift. I unloaded it. Some cages were left on the scissor lift. My shift ended, but the driver still needed help.

I went to the manager on duty, said my shift was over, there were cages on the scissor lift, the lorry driver needed help.

She said that was fine, called someone in to finish it, and I went home.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #153879 on: October 06, 2020, 12:27:49 pm »

The work-related WTActualF continues.

You're being set up. No matter which way you go they'll spin it against you. I'm going to insist in my usual advice of looking for a job in civil service and moving out.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153880 on: October 06, 2020, 12:56:09 pm »

I second chairman in this one.

My own wtf. Yesterday was my niece birthday. My sister bougth a small pool for her and called me up to help her because her husband aparently lack hands???? Anyway  since is like the only amusing thing peter will have in months I comply.

So once there Im supposed to find a fix a little hole in the bottom of the pool. This is a prettt small, like meter and a half diameter and like 40 cm tall pool. I spent an hour looking for it without finding it, and the electrical power is cut while Im at it, so my brother in law tells us is fine like that, is only the floor of the thing and no water leaks out so we should install it.

I proceed to extacly do that and then my sister tell us that we were suposed to put something underneath. So Im told to find anything. Of course the sheet I selected was somehow wrong despite just getting told to "get any sheet".

After my sister pull out the rigth one, we start installing it but since the pool already have some water on it its too heavy so we must do it by lifting half of it and then the other half. Since it seems is already too heavy I tell them I will empty it into a few buckets and then refill it, the loss of water would be minimal and we will finish faster.

At this point my in law just say is okay like that. I know is not okay but is his darn pool. my sister says is not okay in the most ironic way possible. I reafirm them is going to take me a few more minutes, we are talking about 100lt of water at most.

She goes balistic against me and start shouting to leave her alone and stop ruining every special day she ever has.... to stop doing things just because I have to but do them with a smile, that I am a useless idiot that could not or did not want to find the hole in the thing...

I'm standing there trying to understand it all while she keep shouting and I must admit, I snapped back at her and told her that Im tired of this shit, Im backing her all the time and 90% of that all I get is ironic, sarcastic or insulting responses as retribution for my troubles. And then basically to go eat shit and die since Im very tired of all this.

Honestly I hated it because the kids started crying and mood just died.

After this I still finished installing everything and retired, left my wife and pete to have what little fun was left (he was still hyped by the pool and tell her to wait for my mother to arrive and once the "party" (there were no other people) finished to hitch her way back with her.

Oh to top it off my sister told the cleaning lady to skip that day and relied on me and my wife on doing everything heavy (moving furniture around, me doing the pool, my wife inflating baloons and doing the decoration) because... dunno, she just feel like it. And no, it was not saving money, she still payed her for the day. So in the end my wife had to clean before we start and after everything was done.

Now of course Im the bad guy because I left them alone (even despite before leaving I still finished the pool and moved all the furniture afterwards all the idiotic drama amd being "invited" to leave asap by my sister), my wife is even more indiferent at me after this and does not help at all on the sinking marriage front.

WTF with people? Why the need to compulsively fuck up other peoples lives over such miserable things as piece of fabric under a pool?

At any rate this sucks at so many levels. I only had a single meal yesterday and out of my anger developed a huge migrane and ended up trowing up at 3 am. Still have the piercing headache and have not eaten anything today because had to get out early to work on foot.

Fuck all this.... what the actual fuck. Was I Hittler in my past life or something?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:36:15 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153881 on: October 06, 2020, 01:16:38 pm »

Normally I'd advise getting everything in writing or some other form of durable record to help defend yourself when someone tries to snap the trap shut, but sounds like a workplace where that wouldn't be easy.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153882 on: October 06, 2020, 04:04:24 pm »

Your sister sounds like a heavy case of borderline.  Not much you can do, there's a reason even highly proficient psychiatrists tend to say 'no' to accepting treating a borderliner.
Only thing that sometimes helps, is telling her bluntly how her behaviour makes you feel.  For the rest, keep your distance as much as you can.  You can't help her.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153883 on: October 07, 2020, 02:07:05 am »

Currently I'm living in a rather, ehm, rural town. Not a small town, in fact it is far from the smallest town I've lived in and was apparently once classified as a prosperous city, but it is certainly the furthest north I've lived and it is pretty damn far from anything I would describe as civilisation.   
This town/city is called Gympie. Some of you Australian Bay12-ers might have heard of it, probably in an unflattering context (even though to my knowledge it is not a mainstay of Shit Towns of Australia - which doesn't mean much, since the daft cunts running that page probably wouldn't know a real shit town if it stumbled out of a TAB and glassed them in the face). Apart from the abundance of lovely old buildings - which is probably mostly/entirely simply due to no rich evil fucks having any desire to develop and gentrify a place so far from anything - it really doesn't have that much going for it from my perspective.   

Today, though, I was in ye olde bottle shoppe, grabbin' a slab, and upon proceeding to the checkout the tattooed, bearded dude working there recognised the band shirt I was wearing. "You don't see many Electric Wizard shirts around here," he said. Bear in mind, whilst not the most indecipherable band logo around by a large margin, it would still take an uninitiated person at least a few seconds to decipher it. This guy actually knew the band. Somebody in Gympie knows Electric freakin' Wizard.   
Wild, right? The closest thing I can recall seeing/hearing to doom metal in the wild 'round here was a guy blasting Black Sabbath in a busy car park one time.   

This is almost as good as (possibly even better than?) the time I was in an op-shop in Nambour - another town about an hour to the south, less hicktacular but still very bogan - and found a bootleg Emperor t-shirt on the clearance rack. Nambour, though, I've seen some good gigs there, it has a cool li'l record store and you expect it to have its fair share of somewhat alternative people, even if it does have a(n) pretty bad even worse rep these days and half the population usually seems to be there solely to hit up its methadone clinic. Gympie? My mind is blown anew.   

Anyway, I am currently knocking back cold stubbies and blasting 'Leccy Wiz. Their best album. Seems apt... not that I wouldn't be doing that anyway since it's one of the few vinyl records I own and probably my favourite, haha. Cheers.   
You know what maybe makes this even funnier? I only received this shirt yesterday after ordering it at least a month or two ago. Huh.        
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153884 on: October 07, 2020, 04:38:45 am »

A bird flying overhead pooped onto my pants while I was walking in them.

The chance of that has to be ridiculously low, especialy since there were no people around me and only one bird in line of sight.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10257 10258 [10259] 10260 10261 ... 11037