Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10067 10068 [10069] 10070 10071 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545607 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151020 on: April 16, 2020, 02:01:18 pm »

Oh hey, maybe a reason not to buy the game then. Nestle suck bottom.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151021 on: April 16, 2020, 02:35:03 pm »

I think that the game series' name is a bit misleading. All episodes are called 'Final', yet it just keeps on going.

Square Enix is now working with Nestle to offer DLC for FF7 remake (the first third, which is probably all we'll see) in exchange for you buying candy. Want to play a video game because you're stuck inside? Break quarantine to buy candy, and we'll handle your micro-transactions that way.

Wait Nestle? The same company that sells foodstuffs?
The original's plot is that history keeps repeating itself.  You save the day only to have the your own actions create a loop that makes the game reset itself.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151022 on: April 16, 2020, 02:41:59 pm »

I think that the game series' name is a bit misleading. All episodes are called 'Final', yet it just keeps on going.

Square Enix is now working with Nestle to offer DLC for FF7 remake (the first third, which is probably all we'll see) in exchange for you buying candy. Want to play a video game because you're stuck inside? Break quarantine to buy candy, and we'll handle your micro-transactions that way.

The original's plot is that history keeps repeating itself.  You save the day only to have the your own actions create a loop that makes the game reset itself.

Not quite. The time loop is getting to the end and losing to Chaos (the final boss). Defeating Chaos breaks the loop.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151023 on: April 16, 2020, 03:51:41 pm »

and water

The same. Also, from the same company as cigarettes, and non-dairy cheese substitute.

They just want you to buy butterfingers right now, though. Because of how that ties into the plot of Final Fantasy.

I still think Enix is the worst thing to happen to "mainline" Final Fantasy.

Since FFVII, the only ones I've really enjoyed are IX, X, and XII.  While XII is technically Square Enix, it still feels like an "old" FF to me.  XIII was way too linear, I got bored and never finished.  I have XV, but meh.  And the fact that it has Coleman product placement is just... sad.

Square Enix is significantly less than the sum of their parts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:54:49 pm by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151024 on: April 16, 2020, 10:21:32 pm »

PETA does a lot of great work in other areas, and I'm pretty sure there are good folks in other parts of the organisation, but for some reason their shelters are fucking evil.
Kinda taints the whole organisation at this point.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #151025 on: April 16, 2020, 11:18:43 pm »

PETA does a lot of great work in other areas, and I'm pretty sure there are good folks in other parts of the organisation, but for some reason their shelters are fucking evil.
Kinda taints the whole organisation at this point.
They treat animals as above humans in many respects is the root of their problems. They would likely kill millions of humans to save a single rabbit if they could (then euthanize the rabbit). I'm not aware of any good sides to PETA.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151026 on: April 16, 2020, 11:35:30 pm »

They unintentionally create the very best dark comedy?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151027 on: April 16, 2020, 11:41:00 pm »

They unintentionally create the very best dark comedy?
Sure they do. But I meant how Yoink said that they do a lot of great work in other areas. I'm not aware of anything they do not going horribly and possibly hilariously wrong.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151028 on: April 16, 2020, 11:44:37 pm »

"people for the ethical treatment of animals" is clearly some anthropocentric bullshit though

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151029 on: April 16, 2020, 11:50:21 pm »

They treat animals as above humans in many respects is the root of their problems.
How the hell is that the root of their problems, or even a problem at all? That's kind of the idea - given the treatment of non-human animals by society at large, preferential treatment from certain groups hardly even begins to balance things out.
The problem is that they apparently treat said animals pretty much as terribly as everyone else does.   

Also, their animal rights work as a whole tends to be rather more, uh, positive than their shelter business. Protests and demonstrations and such.
Of course, then you have irredeemably dumb examples like a bunch of people getting naked and lying around on giant-sized plates in the middle of the footpath, but I'm not sure if that was PETA or someone else. Regardless, some of their activity is much more productive.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151030 on: April 16, 2020, 11:56:22 pm »

They treat animals as above humans in many respects is the root of their problems.
How the hell is that the root of their problems, or even a problem at all? That's kind of the idea - given the treatment of non-human animals by society at large, preferential treatment from certain groups hardly even begins to balance things out.
The problem is that they apparently treat said animals pretty much as terribly as everyone else does.   

Also, their animal rights work as a whole tends to be rather more, uh, positive than their shelter business. Protests and demonstrations and such.
Of course, then you have irredeemably dumb examples like a bunch of people getting naked and lying around on giant-sized plates in the middle of the footpath, but I'm not sure if that was PETA or someone else. Regardless, some of their activity is much more productive.   
I believe in the superiority of humans (and other hypothetical sapient species) over non-sapient species. There is no need to "balance things out".

However I support "normal" animal rights reforms like trying to improve conditions in factory farms. But that doesn't seem to be going far enough according to PETA...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151031 on: April 17, 2020, 12:04:27 am »

I believe in the superiority of humans (and other hypothetical sapient species) over non-sapient species. There is no need to "balance things out".
Well see, there's your problem. Cruelty is inherent in such a viewpoint. Hopefully one day you realise that! :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151032 on: April 17, 2020, 12:47:43 am »

Animals are food, not friends.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151033 on: April 17, 2020, 12:55:21 am »

por que no los dos?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151034 on: April 17, 2020, 01:18:41 am »

Friends can be food too!
Pages: 1 ... 10067 10068 [10069] 10070 10071 ... 11037