Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10062 10063 [10064] 10065 10066 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544732 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150945 on: April 10, 2020, 03:08:24 pm »

This is getting disturbingly close to that Spongebob thing
what spongebob thing?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150946 on: April 10, 2020, 03:36:49 pm »

Tie his mouth to a tap, but instead of water coming out of it there's snapping turtles

Tap to mouth.

what spongebob thing?

Someone posted a dark spongebob comic about a week ago.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150947 on: April 10, 2020, 03:42:11 pm »

Tie his mouth to a tap, but instead of water coming out of it there's snapping turtles

Tap to mouth.

what spongebob thing?

Someone posted a dark spongebob comic about a week ago.
oh, the one where Patrick learns that he’s been eating himself every time he ate krabby patties and many many Patricks proceeded to eat the members of Bikini Bottom until they were killed by Sandy and Squidward and Mr. Krabs? I remember that, there are other dark spongebob things too

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150949 on: April 10, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »

I'd make that guy use a Celeron D (a super-potato of a CPU, even when it was released) system running Windows 10. It doesn't matter what the other specs are, the CPU's so universally terrible that it's gonna struggle hard to do literally anything. Specifically one of the 256 KB cache ones, just to spite them harder. If the guy likes torturing slow things, why not let him use and torture an unusably slow CPU?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:31:06 pm by methylatedspirit »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150950 on: April 10, 2020, 07:06:15 pm »

I'd make that guy use a Celeron D (a super-potato of a CPU, even when it was released) system running Windows 10. It doesn't matter what the other specs are, the CPU's so universally terrible that it's gonna struggle hard to do literally anything. Specifically one of the 256 KB cache ones, just to spite them harder. If the guy likes torturing slow things, why not let him use and torture an unusably slow CPU?

Yo dats dark
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150951 on: April 10, 2020, 09:23:21 pm »

Yo dats dark
Is it just the impossibly-slow CPU, or is it the irony of torturing someone who apparently likes torturing slow things by having them torture something that is slow?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #150952 on: April 10, 2020, 10:46:39 pm »

IIRC that's a reversed gif of someone tormenting the turtle
Oh my...why are humans so cruel?

Lack of empathy
This.  As a curious little child I wanted to play and experiment with animals, and in my innocence that sometimes meant hurting them.  My father explained to me that I shouldn't do it.  Not because they were people, but because it would... change me to adopt casual violence as a hobby.

I've kept that with me.  Empathy is a healthy reaction, even if it's theoretically unjustified.  Trying my best to live with empathy has generally helped me materially, over time.  That's society I guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150953 on: April 11, 2020, 06:59:03 am »

So, a friend of mine alerted me that there are parts of the chernobyl exclusion zone that are on fire right now.

https://www.livescience.com/chernobyl-fire-spikes-radiation.html

Since the red forest has biologically sequestered an epic buttload of heavy radioactive isotopes, the smoke particles from this fire are a serious international concern for Europe right now.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150954 on: April 11, 2020, 07:16:47 am »

No, that's just unnecessary fearmongering. And I mean you, not the article - which is measured. There's a modest radiation spike near the fires. Anywhere outside the exclusion zone it'll register at worst as a slight elevation to background radiation.
This ain't the first fire in the zone, and the amount of radioactive isotopes in the vegetation is much less than epic buttload. No need to call comrade Legasov.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150955 on: April 11, 2020, 07:18:44 am »

No we're going full stalker over this, I'll put my leather rain jacket, saw off my shotfun and grab a box of bolts

I hope we get some cool anomalies
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150956 on: April 11, 2020, 07:34:33 am »

No, that's just unnecessary fearmongering. And I mean you, not the article - which is measured. There's a modest radiation spike near the fires. Anywhere outside the exclusion zone it'll register at worst as a slight elevation to background radiation.
This ain't the first fire in the zone, and the amount of radioactive isotopes in the vegetation is much less than epic buttload. No need to call comrade Legasov.

The area currently on fire is not the red forest, which is literally adjacent to the sarcophagus.  So the current situation is not terribly dire.

I am just more concerned that with an ongoing pandemic, mobilizing the necessary resources to contain the fire may not be possible, leading to it progressing to more heavily contaminated areas-- such as the previously stated red forest.

Which yes, again, is not what is currently on fire.

There was concerns raised by the Ukrainian govt some years back, about the red forest ever catching on fire due to the level of sequestered isotopes present there. (which is much higher than other areas in the exclusion zone.)

To be quite frank, I am not terribly concerned about what is being released right now. I am more concerned that a fire at this time, during an international disaster, could lead to circumstances that result in failure to contain it, leading to worse outcomes.

I will watch the situation closely, and hope for a good resolution.  However, with people sheltering at home, it means normally available resources are not available right now. This is not quite the same kettle of fish as prior small fires at the edges of the exclusion zone prior, simply because of the different logistical climate.

Fearmongering is not the intent though, more .. concern.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #150957 on: April 11, 2020, 11:56:33 am »

Such power, though.  What if we could somehow harness it as an energy source? /humanity
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150958 on: April 13, 2020, 07:30:27 pm »

I'm doing some computer housecleaning.  This mouse driver...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seriously:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #150959 on: April 13, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »

WinWDF is the Windows Driver Framework, which contains common libraries and certifications that Windows XP and higher mandate for a driver to be installed. This is done to prevent the driver conflicts that gave Windows 9X such a reputation for instability.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 10062 10063 [10064] 10065 10066 ... 11037