Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492328 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #15060 on: August 31, 2012, 12:40:01 am »

It's possible, but by this time it would be so diluted that I doubt it'd make much of a difference. Neanderthals and Cro-magnons only coexisted for a short period.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: August 31, 2012, 12:43:08 am »

We're weird little creatures, too damn curious for our own good.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure my family tree includes a large quantity of Neanderthal. (Look at the body type for Neanderthal, and it will make sense.)

Humans: Have omnivorous type teeth.
:D
Decide to be herbivore.

Have no natural weapons and be exceptionally frail
No natural predators and rule the world.

Built for warm to hot climates under the sun and running
Create AC and sit around in the cool darkness
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15062 on: August 31, 2012, 12:52:41 am »

Humans decide to be herbivore.
We adapt to take advantage of new food sources.

Have no natural weapons and rule the world.
Knowledge > Sharp claws

Built for warm to hot climates under the sun and running and sit around in the cool darkness
No, we're capable of running around in hot climates much better than most other mammals for long distances. But this dehydrates you quickly, not a problem with water on demand with taps but is still ingrained in our basic behavioural patterns. If you are caught in the sun, you instinctively seek the shade.

/end rant

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: August 31, 2012, 12:53:30 am »

Equipped with body hair.
Cover up with clothes anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:47 am »

Equipped with body hair.
Cover up with clothes anyway.
That way we aren't cold when we create AC and sit around all day in the cool darkness. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #15065 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:58 am »

Equipped with body hair.
Made by law to cover up with clothes anyway.
FTFY

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: August 31, 2012, 12:57:52 am »

Our body hair is much too fine to keep warm, anyway. Look at the Inuit and other tundra-dwelling people. I have no idea if they have decency laws, but they wear plenty of clothing at all times.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:54 am »

Quite frankly, the arctic is not our natural habitat. The only reason humans are there is because we put clothes on. Yes, that's a testament to clothes being the smart thing to do. No, I'm still not terribly happy about it. :P

Travels all over the world.
Brings mosquitoes and rats along.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: August 31, 2012, 01:03:14 am »

Our body hair is much too fine to keep warm, anyway. Look at the Inuit and other tundra-dwelling people. I have no idea if they have decency laws, but they wear plenty of clothing at all times.
It makes a helluva difference in warmer climates, though. At least warm and humid ones. There's an extremely noticeable difference between fuzzy and not fuzzy in Florida, anyway. Similarly, just dropping the head-top hair apparently has a seriously notable effect on personal heating. What I'm saying is that it actually does a pretty good job of trapping heat, even the relatively little bit most of us seem to have. Probably has something to do with the amount of heat we give off in general, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:16 am »

Yeah, I shaved my legs for Cross Country the year before last, and I gotta say it wasn't worth it. It helped reduce drag and whatnot, but damn were my legs cold for the first part of winter. With my leg hair, my legs were possibly the only part of me that never got cold. Without it, I was freezing all the time. It wouldn't save me from tundra weather, of course, but it can change the perceived ambient temperature 5-6 degrees easily.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:59 am »

It makes a helluva difference in warmer climates, though. At least warm and humid ones. There's an extremely noticeable difference between fuzzy and not fuzzy in Florida, anyway. Similarly, just dropping the head-top hair apparently has a seriously notable effect on personal heating. What I'm saying is that it actually does a pretty good job of trapping heat, even the relatively little bit most of us seem to have. Probably has something to do with the amount of heat we give off in general, though...
Pretty much this, especially in regards to the head area. Our brains burn tons of calories to keep us going, at least in comparison to the other parts of our bodies.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: August 31, 2012, 03:22:56 am »

Having a shaven head has allowed me to form a wonderful collection of hats for winter.
This is a blank sig.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: August 31, 2012, 05:03:05 am »

So I googled kicking and shin in the samesentence and found out it's actually a sport of some kind.
Then after reading this perculiar part.

Historically some shin-kickers wore steel-toe boots during the competitions and tried to build pain tolerance by hitting their shins with hammers. In modern competitions the combatants are required to wear soft shoes and stuff their trouser legs with straw for padding.[2] Ambulance crews also attend the events in case of injury.

My initial reaction were to think of how soft people have gotten over the centuries.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: August 31, 2012, 05:38:16 am »

So I googled kicking and shin in the samesentence and found out it's actually a sport of some kind.

Historically some shin-kickers wore steel-toe boots during the competitions and tried to build pain tolerance by hitting their shins with hammers. In modern competitions the combatants are required to wear soft shoes and stuff their trouser legs with straw for padding.[2] Ambulance crews also attend the events in case of injury.

My initial reaction were to think of how soft people have gotten over the centuries.

::)
Love, scriver~

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: August 31, 2012, 06:48:25 am »

This again. This is what... the fifth time? However, it's still WTF worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 11037