Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486737 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14835 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

GODAMMIT. Macromeme why are you like crack? It's like Tvtropes but you don't hit those dead end pages.
Since when has tvtropes had dead ends?
When you have looked at all the tropes in a group and realize holy shit it's been three hours.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: August 27, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/08/judge-of-the-day-this-is-what-you-call-a-lack-of-good-judgment/
but as far as I know, I’ve never heard of a judge actually shooting his gun inside a courthouse.

Until today.
What the-

It probably didn’t help that the reason he had a conceal-carry permit was because he approved his own….
ಠ_ಠ

was unaware that he could not approve his own pistol permit, according to a press release from the commission.

The commission found that he should not have used his decision-making authority for his own benefit.
ಠ_ಠ

He didn't know he couldn't rule on himself. Really?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: August 27, 2012, 06:58:02 pm »

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/08/judge-of-the-day-this-is-what-you-call-a-lack-of-good-judgment/

And these people determine my fate. :D

I'd rather have that than this: because at this point, you're not even trying to look like you're trying. Yet another reason to stay out of law school.... Gee, I bet a lot of those people failed the bar exam. Who would've thought between the freaking rodents, the fact that the test was pretty much in a barn, and ah yes, the blackout conditions killing the laptops you're taking the test on. The test is all day, but without an outlet to plug into your lappy battery isn't. I just.... ouch. I still remember the bar exam, try as I might to forget it. I now feel grateful by comparison and somewhat outraged that basically bar examiners can do more or less whatever they want it appears. I mean ... it's only the biggest test of some of those people's lives but it's cool if there are rodents right?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:03:54 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: August 27, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

Can't a judge simply order more protection if he feels imself threatened? I thought that was why they had bailiffs.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: August 27, 2012, 07:17:46 pm »

Can't a judge simply order more protection if he feels imself threatened? I thought that was why they had bailiffs.

I'll be honest with you; I'm not sure exactly how that works. On the one hand, I imagine theoretically yes. On the other, everything is a budget cut these days. When they're laying off police, fire and EMS.... Who knows.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: August 27, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »

At the hospital where I work there are fifteen surgeons retiring this year, and they aren't replacing any of them. Things are looking kind of bleak with the cuts.

Still, you hear a wide range of opinions, from the "things will get better in 4-5 years" to "everything will be shitty and private in 4-5 years".
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:27 pm »

So, if 15 surgeons are retiring, do they have any left?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14844 on: August 27, 2012, 07:48:09 pm »

My thoughts exactly >.> That hospital must be really big to even have 15 surgeons to spare...?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: August 27, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »

I'll be honest with you; I'm not sure exactly how that works. On the one hand, I imagine theoretically yes. On the other, everything is a budget cut these days. When they're laying off police, fire and EMS.... Who knows.

I think the bailiffs are only tasked with protecting the judge while he is in court. I think his protection is his business outside court, but he's the judge, so a 911 call that starts with, 'This is Judge McAbouttoGetShot, come to my house.' would have much higher priority than any other person calling. Which, I believe, is discrimination, but what do I know?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: August 27, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »

Perhaps the second craziest thing I've heard a judge doing today. (Behind the gun thing.) Michael Eakin is a fantastically skilled poet, it seems.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: August 27, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

Yeah, quite a few. It's not really that odd, particularily if they weren't all from the same speciality and/or were part of the larger ones. (General surgery is particularily large, as well as ORL and trauma)

(And yeah it's a relatively large, tertiary hospital. It's not unusual for departments to be fairly large)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: August 28, 2012, 01:09:53 am »

@Poodlemoth: At first I was like, "D'awwww!"

And then I was all "Kill it with fire!"

Yeah, it didn't seem so cute once I realised it was real, and imagined the goddamn thing. :-\ Also that needs to be a meme.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 11037