Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9767 9768 [9769] 9770 9771 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524197 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146520 on: August 12, 2019, 03:55:15 am »

It's hard to spell things right with holes in your head
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146521 on: August 12, 2019, 03:59:54 am »

Shit you're getting brain surgery?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146522 on: August 12, 2019, 04:16:36 am »

Only to be closer to the sun

But nah I just got drained from my arm for checkups. Doctor ordered list coincided chronically with the yearly "you're part if the psyche care so we'd like to check in on your physicals too" checkups from the state, which includes blood samples. Combined they take the shape of 16 vials of blood. I was originally just gonna do the former list but the nurse saw I had two "recepies" or orders or whatever you wanna call them in the computer and offered to do the second one while I was there anyway so I said why not.

It's a new record, my previous one was 14.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146523 on: August 12, 2019, 04:17:42 am »

scriver has been found dead, drained of blood!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146524 on: August 12, 2019, 04:19:40 am »

People are fuckin' shite, including and a-specially in the dating scene.

Who'da known, eh?
So, I'd like to comment a little bit more on this.

I've been trying to "put myself back on the market", in a manner of speaking, and with social settings and norms in Norway being what they are, that basically means going to a bar. So I've been going to bars, trying to work out which bars are actually appropriate/functional for this sort of thing (and not the kind where a bunch of non-single people get together to have two beers and play a huge game of Cards Against Humanity, as will be the case at my usual watering hole later on today).

A few weeks ago, I met a gal in one such bar (the one independently confirmed by two sources as being "where it happens") and we started talking. As tends to be the case with me, the chat got rather deep and rather bluntly honest in short order, but she was happily keeping step all the way. I talked about some of my tragicomedic experiences at the hands of various people I've befriended and dated, she talked about her struggles with anorexia and depression, we got along and flirted heavily. But she made it clear that she was going to meet a friend after, so eventually the night would have to end before things got anywhere in particular. I said that was fine.

The friend was apparently delayed, she tried texting him, then suddenly she turned around and managed to catch him walking past her to the restrooms. What a coincidence!

(Wait, coincidence? Hadn't you agreed to meet him? Didn't you just text him? What part of this is a coincidence?)

So he was sitting outside with a couple buddies, and obviously this is the part where she goes her way and I go mine. Except she invited me along to sit with everyone. So I did.

The night carried on, I made a couple water runs for her, chat with her friends-of-friend, everything's honestly a bit awkward but we're all too drunk to really care by that point. Eventually the bar we were at started closing up, and the two friends-of-friend decided to call it a night. Apparently not yet satisfied, the gal asked her friend and me about other places we could go, and we all packed up and headed over to another pub that tends to keep its doors open a little longer than some of the other establishments (there are still state-defined closing times that everyone must abide by, but some bars push closer to that limit than others).

We settled in, I asked her if she wanted anything, then I went over to the bar to get the drinks and exchange a couple lines of banter with the bartender who happens to be a friend of mine. Not wanting to keep people waiting, I broke the chat off and went back to the table we were all sitting at... Which was when I walked straight into a scene where the gal had her hand deep behind enemy lines in her "friend"'s crotch. Things get very awkward and he excuses himself to go to the restroom.

I figure "Welp. Okay. Guess I misread things again and thought I had a chance where I didn't. Ah well, happens.", and feel a little bad, but it's a familiar kind of bad and honestly something I'd been preparing for before I even headed out that night.

But then she asked me what I was thinking about, and to be honest (a theme that had come up multiple times before that night; she'd mentioned a strong appreciation for my openness and honesty). I just said that I'd apparently mislead myself again, so was a bit bummed and irritated about that. She started gushing about how "It didn't mean anything" and "Sometimes people do things they don't mean when they're drunk", and I just told her not to sweat it, it's fine, and that it's nothing I wasn't used to.

Which, of course, got her really offended, because that of course meant I was comparing her to the women that I've previously met and been walked on by. So I had to spend some time laying myself right out and deeply apologizing to her for getting upset by her trying to polish some dude's family jewels in front of me after we'd spent the whole evening getting heavy into expressions of interest (hey, after all... Sometimes people do things they don't mean when they're drunk. Like apologize for things that they shouldn't). The night soon drew to a legal close, I had to go home, she left with her friend after several big and tearful hugs where she insisted that the crotchsnatch had no deeper meaning, that she really wanted to have me be a part of her life, and that she really really wanted to meet up for a coffee some time when I got back from Poland.

After that I had my trip to Poland, came back, sent her a message asking how things were going and if she'd like to take that coffee sometime soon. She explained that she really did, but that it was gonna be difficult to find a good time because that weekend she was going off to visit family, and then later on in the week she'd be driving to Sweden with a buddy (she wasn't sure what day it'd end up being). Time went on, we had a few more little chat snippets here and there, no further mention of either coffee date or Sweden trip, then she left a mid-conversation "How are things with you?" on read for over a week. I figured that was the last I was gonna hear from her, chalked it up as another one in the bucket.

Then when I was out on the town last weekend, I out-of-fucking-nowhere get a message from her asking "Hey what's up?". I said I was out on the town. She asked where, and I'd had a couple drinks by that point so that famous honesty and openness came out to play... "Hmm... I've half a mind to just blow you off, considering how I've been treated lately, but I'm a gullible fucker who's willing to believe you haven't just worked your way down the list far enough to hit my name. I'm at [pub name]"

She asked if it was okay if she showed up, I said by all means. She got there, we exchanged a couple minor pleasantries, then she asked what I meant with that comment. I said "Well, there's how things ended last time, then there's leaving me on 'read' for a week with zero explanation or acknowledgement. Which, by the way, was at a time when we were supposed to meet up for that coffee you wanted so badly".

Now, she got a bit defensive being met with all that, which was fine and understandable, and certainly not unexpected. What I didn't expect was what she said in response.

"Oh my god, you are really overthinking this- like seriously, that's just waaay overthinking it."

"Is that something you tend to have a problem with? Do you overthink things a lot? I didn't respond because I'm just a really distracted person, nothing more than that. Don't overthink it."

"Is that why you've had problems with women in the past? Because you overthink things so much?"

Um. Fucking excuse me? I had the riot act read to me by a gal I was dating because I accidentally referred to her bipolar disorder as "bipolar syndrome", which unleashed a venomous flood of biblical proportions because I was calling her retarded (for anyone else who didn't immediately understand that, here's what that chick's reasoning turned out to be: "X" syndrome == Downs syndrome == "Retarded". She eventually gave up trying to work things out with me, because she found out I wore t-shirts and was therefore an asshole), and that's my fault because I overthink things?

Somehow we managed to keep talking after that. Eventually we agreed to start things over from scratch, and try again. At which point, she immediately started inserting us into every group of guys sitting at that bar (which was fucking hilarious, because the very first batch of strapping young lads we found ourselves sitting with happened to be a couple lovely gay dudes who were far more interested in talking with me than with her), and that's basically just how the night continued, with us man-hopping from place to place while she got people to buy her drinks because she was, like, uber-poor right now.

And then much later, once she'd gotten drunk enough to start talking to me again, she again commented just how important it is -both functionally and morally- to be open and honest. So she was going to be open and honest with me, and she hoped I would be able to appreciate the openness and honesty she was exercising. Because you see, being fully open and honest here, she was dating someone. She hoped I understood.

Uh. Well, clearly I understand it better than you do, if you only decided to tell me this now of all times... Good openness and honesty there, sugar.

I eventually went home because I felt more than drunk enough and more than tired enough. Left her to talk with the latest group of Y-chromes she'd latched onto, bid everyone a good night.

And that's how I get to know new and exciting people!

trepanitation?  Holes in the head?
Trepanation.
Trepidation.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #146525 on: August 12, 2019, 04:20:25 am »

ChairmanPoo is a member of the Sparkling Scalpel and was born in the year 1775. He has 50 children, Urist McLongdead, Cog Lifeless, ....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:26:21 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146526 on: August 12, 2019, 04:45:05 am »

Yeesh, Kagus. That's pretty mangled.

Sometimes I ponder whether or not I'm glad to more-or-less voluntarily have/be able to have more-or-less recused myself from the dating scene, but I rarely truly regret it, because... well, it seems so much easier to be able to avoid all of it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146527 on: August 12, 2019, 05:03:02 am »

That really sucks, kagus. You should just do like me and sit around and be lonely all the time but never do anything about it
Love, scriver~

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146528 on: August 12, 2019, 05:09:13 am »

Hey Kagus. You are a smert fella, so when something bops your nose with obvious oblivious you gotta fuck the get out.
Alcohol dulls senses so of course her batshit crazy gratification motivation may have slipped a nipple of you just didn't care cause the pink is a sweet reward even if its not rewarding.
Bars are not the place to find someone. Well that's not true but if you want someone who is a good person then you can have a better chance of getting a better deal with a few more days of thought into where you wanna spill seed.

You put yourself out there. Stay true, she will find you and you two will have so much fun together. I love you son, im proud of me.

Next time eat some mushrooms and actually be alert not dulled to the human emotion and projection. Bitches be crazy

That really sucks, kagus. You should just do like me and sit around and be lonely all the time but never do anything about it

I ship scriver and Kagus.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146529 on: August 12, 2019, 05:11:30 am »

That really sucks, kagus. You should just do me all the time

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146530 on: August 12, 2019, 05:12:57 am »

Someone remind me - have all the previous mushroom preachers ended up banned because they're nutcases, or was that only That Wolf? For some reason I have this overwhelming impression that their trajectory naturally ends up out the door.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146531 on: August 12, 2019, 05:14:08 am »

One in the same
occam's razor.
Either a lot of people want to tell you about it or it's one person who doesn't care for your petty reasons of me being banned 59 different times because of your insignificant emotions in a forum. I feel like as many people here I have annoyed (and nothing more. No threats no dms, no super illegal weird shit) i have said something that made others think. Perhaps the ripples i leave here help in highly beneficial ways.

But of course you'll report a comment because you're not so beautiful and it hurts you to see someone talking of others beauty. Of course you would do that. Because you are hurting. Well i think you are beautiful and i will always reincarnate because that is what we do. Birth life death life death repeated for ever.
May grace hold you
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:28:39 am by Castlecliff »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146532 on: August 12, 2019, 05:20:36 am »

You act like that's a bad thing.  Not looking (at all) means you dont have to share the cheetos, you can do whatever the hell you want in the house, and you are the only source of expenses. No arguments with yourself, really, what's not to like?

Shit- I come home from work, and spend 3 hours playing single player video games. It's awesome. If I had a significant other they would want 100% of that time being spent affirming their affections and shit. It sound's selfish and dickish-- and it is to a pretty large degree, but part of being happy is SELF-actualization and gratification.  If you spend all your time affirming and gratifying others (and trust me, as a care giver I do E-fucking-Nough of that already) you will only be a hollow shell of a person.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #146533 on: August 12, 2019, 05:29:46 am »

We're hardwired to want company. A relationship is a mutual fulfilling of that need.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146534 on: August 12, 2019, 05:34:59 am »

Ya being with a partner long term also expresses genes that wouldn't express if you stayed single. Same with kids. Haha crack up.
What happens to dishwasher soap after its used. How does it break down and does it matter what brand or whatever you by. I was just wondering cause 5yeres a lot of eco shite dish soap and i feel like its just advertising.
Pages: 1 ... 9767 9768 [9769] 9770 9771 ... 11037