Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9763 9764 [9765] 9766 9767 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524431 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146460 on: August 08, 2019, 03:43:40 pm »

I assume the problem with the student loan thing is that the loan payments are so high in the first place

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146461 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:35 pm »

And we only got 1/20th printed. Not even counted, let alone boxed. We have a night shift, but they don't run any of the machines. Going by their track record though, I expect a half a box by the morning, and it's packed improperly.

Unfortunately, I was too optimistic about night shift. They left two notes next to a bin of labels. One said that the bin contained 102 packs of labels. The other said that the first was wrong, and the bin contained 103 packs of labels. The labels weren't bound, so I counted as I bound them. There were 235 packs of labels.

Then we noticed the packs weren't all evenly sized. Some were not even passably close; they are supposed to be in packs of 250 labels, but some were lower than 200, while others were almost 300. So we had to unbind them all and recount them. Not only did we do that, but we bound, bagged, and boxed them, and then counted about another 200 packs of our own, which we also bound, bagged, and boxed.

There were two of us, and we did this in 8 hours. There were three people doing this last night on night shift, and they had 10 hours.

I assume the problem with the student loan thing is that the loan payments are so high in the first place

By taking out a line of credit and using it to pay off my student loans, I nearly cut the interest rate in half.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146462 on: August 09, 2019, 03:51:10 am »

I feel I've got to defend the night shift a little here, after all they were doing it under the hours we're supposed to be asleep at.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146463 on: August 09, 2019, 04:53:33 am »

Gawd, this "movie pic a day for ten days" social media challenge becomes pretty tough when you're saddled with crippling indecisiveness, as I am.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146464 on: August 09, 2019, 04:56:44 am »

Hi.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #146465 on: August 09, 2019, 07:47:58 am »

I feel I've got to defend the night shift a little here, after all they were doing it under the hours we're supposed to be asleep at.

A sensible person would modify their sleeping schedule to be awake then.

Having worked night-shift, I think these people are giving night-shift folk a bad name.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146466 on: August 09, 2019, 07:52:13 am »

Agreed. I work 3rd shift myself.  Once you acclimate to it, you operate like normal; Shift differential pay is given because there are life consequences to operating in this manner; 9/10ths of stores are always closed when you are awake, and there are health risks associated with an inverted circadian rhythm.

Otherwise, they should be able to do a proper job. 

In this case, it is likely the downside of what I consider a major perk of 3rd shift:  Office management goes home and unplugs during that shift.

In most cases, this allows the shift manager full control over operations, and allows for more expedient implementation of break/fixes, simplifies bureaucratic bullshit, and lets more actual work get done.
In this case, it looks like the shift manager is worthless, and is not properly managing the night crew.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #146467 on: August 09, 2019, 08:01:32 am »

Also having worked night shift, that's the shift when all the driven hard workers come out to play. Day shift is slow and lazy in comparison.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146468 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:06 am »

A sensible person would modify their sleeping schedule to be awake then.

I don't think that's possible to the point of making up for the side effects of being awake during the night.
Love, scriver~

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #146469 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:28 am »

That there is a account named craftsdwarf which was also registered at 4.21 and also hosts images on postimages.org.
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146470 on: August 09, 2019, 08:19:38 am »

dayshift humans ALSO make aggressive use of coffee to do their daily routine, so other than a lack of ambient light stimulating the nervous system, (which can be made up for with proper lighting in the damn building) there really isn't a justifiable excuse.

It really boils down to one of two things;

1) Night manager does not know what is required for the task
2) Night manager is not able to properly manage nightshift workers.

In either case, the night manger's deficit drags down the whole team.  It's possible this person was not properly informed/instructed as to what the task requirements were. (Day shift often thinks they are magically special, and all other shifts are shit. As a result, there is often poor communication from day shift to night shift management about what all happened, what break-fixes were implemented, and what tasks have been expedited by office management. This leaves nightshift in the lurch, and on the hook.  Corrective action is to improve inter-shift communication.) It is also possible that they just are not a good manager (Too friendly with night workers, not task-oriented enough to keep employees in task, or not observant enough to catch lazy actions of poorly performing nightshift workers.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146471 on: August 09, 2019, 09:23:21 am »

Well my manager made me feel a LOT better about my decision to leave today. I was being compassionate and considerate, trying to pick a time to leave when it would be slow so he wasn't screwed.

But now I kinda don't give a fuck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146472 on: August 09, 2019, 11:50:55 am »

A YouTube dude I follow linked this:

https://www.themonastery.org/catalog/honoraryreligioustitle-p-65.html

I kind of want to send in my $14 so I can tell people to fuck off because I'm the Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality or Grand Master Brain Wizard.

Another part of me wonders what it says about a person who purchased the title "Apostle of Humility."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:54:17 am by Mephisto »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146474 on: August 09, 2019, 12:06:07 pm »

SPECIAL NOTICE: The Church NOW has the LARGE and BEAUTIFUL BESTOWAL OF TITLE CERTIFICATES.
Did Donald Trump write this part of the description?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 9763 9764 [9765] 9766 9767 ... 11037