Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9759 9760 [9761] 9762 9763 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524441 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146400 on: August 04, 2019, 10:18:35 am »

Clearly, any young man clever and careful enough to make bombs and eager to kill people will be snatched by by the intelligence community before he gets a chance to perform an attack, leaving just the meatheads with tacticool assault rifles~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146401 on: August 04, 2019, 10:49:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:27:17 am by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146402 on: August 04, 2019, 11:05:16 am »

Exactly what I was implying is that three letter organizations are populated by clever murderous sociopaths and the reason why we don't see those types committing mass murder on their own is that they're too busy doing so on behalf of their government with the help of an entire agency of like-minded loons.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146403 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:55 am »

I just heard about Ohio. After California and Texas, this makes 3 mass shootings inside of 1 week.
I just hope there are enough thoughts and prayers to go around...

I'm seeing 13 last week. Good times we're living in.

It's also real weird that one happened in Texas. I was certain a good guy with a gun would stop the bad guy with a gun, and that's why nobody gets shot in Texas. /s

Though Icepicks ARE cheaper.  The GOP should love that idea.

And spend *my* hard-earned (by somebody else) money on the mentally ill? NEVER!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #146404 on: August 05, 2019, 11:08:55 pm »

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146405 on: August 06, 2019, 12:43:32 am »

I just heard about Ohio. After California and Texas, this makes 3 mass shootings inside of 1 week.
I just hope there are enough thoughts and prayers to go around...

I'm seeing 13 last week. Good times we're living in.

It's a sad world when one of my first thoughts on looking at that is "half of those are just multiple murders, not real mass shootings."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146406 on: August 06, 2019, 02:06:32 am »

8chan got slapped

Oh, won't someone think of the poor frozen peaches?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146407 on: August 06, 2019, 02:15:38 am »

8chan got slapped

Oh, won't someone think of the poor frozen peaches?
Good riddance.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146408 on: August 06, 2019, 02:44:11 am »

it's not gone just not cloudflare. i don't understand the narrative that it's being censored or taken down here, cloudflare's just cleaning their hands of it, which they do have every right to and i'd probably do the same in the same position, but, like... it's not quite so dramatic as it'd being made out to be

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146409 on: August 06, 2019, 02:46:11 am »

Their hoster nuked them, and the site is currently offline entirely. They'll probably be able to find a new host, but it is more than just losing cloudflare's anti-DDoS.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146410 on: August 06, 2019, 03:00:02 am »

I hope they get DDoSed if/when they go back up.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146411 on: August 06, 2019, 03:04:12 am »

This seems a tad silly given the reason is "They had a speech on there."

Not a specific type of speech, a speech from a fairly ordinary loon doing a fairly ordinary loon thing. It seems... suspicious.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146412 on: August 06, 2019, 03:15:18 am »

What's the difference between 8chan and 4chan? I don't really pay attention...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146413 on: August 06, 2019, 03:21:29 am »

4chan isn't all bad, there the badness is mostly concentrated in /b/ and /pol/ (and some others). 8chan is, however, a breeding ground of hatespeech and terrorism through and through.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146414 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:39 am »

8chan was created in 2013 as a result of dissatisfaction with imageboard moderation. Theoretically, it was designed to prevent poor moderation by allowing people to create their own boards and move the users onward. In practice it was just a lot like Reddit, where people would make boards to enforce their bizarre moderation standards and personal biases on.

Around mid 2015 it got the notice of neo-nazi types who proceeded to organize attempts to take over boards. They'd spam boards until their owners abandoned them, then claim them. Downtime, far right subreddits moving into 8chan, and server issues made pretty much everyone but them and very dedicated users leave by the end of the year. After claiming enough boards, they organized raids on Voat to try to turn it into a neo nazi hugbox, too, which functionally killed that site's community.

Eventually the original host and owner left as a result, because the site had become a collection of neo-nazi echo chambers. He no longer had enough power in the site to actually shut it down, because a lot of technical issues and attacks on the site lead to a man from 2chan purchasing the site and providing server access. This gave him functionally full control over the site. The old owner has repeatedly asked the new owner to shut the site down, since, because he views it as just a mouthpiece for neo-nazis and not a place of free speech. Obviously that has done nothing.

I dunno what happened after that because I stopped using the site around mid 2016. I do not think this will be much of a dent, either, because the site has suffered through way worse from rival imageboard communities and yet survived. Even if it stagnates the nazi types are too dedicated to leave and will continue donating to keep the site drawing a profit.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:13:41 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 9759 9760 [9761] 9762 9763 ... 11037